Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Ski Show London or Birmingham

Poster: A snowHead
Which show is the better?

Am thinking of doing one of them, we have been to the London one a couple of times, was wondering if Birmingham was better and if it is why?

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Sat 3-10-09 11:57; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
radar, Birmingham because Snowheads will be there. snowHead snowHead

I haven't been to the London one, so don't know how they compare, but I enjoyed the Birmingham one last year.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Been to both - wouldn't bother with either if I'd had to pay for tickets but B'ham charge an arm and a leg for parking so watch out for that if you go, I was stung on that despite getting in free!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Parking in the railway station carpark is usually cheaper. Think it's currently £6/day.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
If you're looking to buy clothing or equipment you're more likely to get a good bargain at Birmingham - More smaller retailers at Birmingham rather than the biggies.

If you do go to Birmingham come and say hello to me! snowHead
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
I've been to the NEC one. London too far away. It's a reasonable day out but factor in the price of parking if you drive. Still works out cheaper than taking the train though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Joanne Mountainsun

Will you be in one of the stalls?
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

Will you be in one of the stalls?

Sounds like a gay nightclub Shocked

Thinking of going to the NEC Fri or Sun, Do CEM or spyderjon know when they are 'on' yet?
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
anarchicsaltire, Spyderjon is down as hosting a session www.globalsnowshows.co.uk/ski_and_board/home/ which might be a draw for me, not too sure about the OH
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
London
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
oneword wrote:
London

Why?
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Joanne Mountainsun wrote:

Hi Joanne. We will. Although we're already booked on your kids/childcare week just before Easter, so I'm not sure how much selling you going to have to do!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
roga wrote:
oneword wrote:
London

Why?

I think their name has limited their posting abilities.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I prefer London as it has more of a wooo ski season time feel about it and Brum just a bit more tradeshowy.. Though probably go to Brum this year and its a ball ache to get to londo and its always well busy..but you get more free booze. If they had the sense to put the freeze on on the same weekend then it would be a no brainer.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
buckers wrote:
roga wrote:
oneword wrote:
London

Why?

I think their name has limited their posting abilities.

LOL, I know - was partly why I asked I have to admit Laughing
snow report
RobW, It'll be nice to meet you, it's not all about selling! - I'll be out in Italy that week too helping out with the creche and bringing my little boy...it's always a GREAT week so good choice!!!
latest report
yep me and the spyderjon will be at Birmingham...... i beleive Jon will only be there Saturday/Sunday....I for my sins will be there for the duration...we will be located along side fall line magazine next to the Talk theatre

i will get the imes soom, they have been sent to us but are subject to change... i think we are doing one each in the main talk theatre and one in the club lounge (each day) my talks will be slightly different dependant on location

there may well be some beers on the stand towards the end of play on saturday ( sorry no fizz this year as there is a recession on and we drank far too much of it last year) wink
snow conditions
^ there you go folks, a good reason for making it B'ham rather than London! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
We'll be there with some of the usual nonsense - I'm trying to get a suitable wheel on a stand to do a chain-fitting competition where the first prize will be taking the chains off again, or something equally valuable...
If anyone has a wheel on a stand, pipe up! You could put your logo in the middle of the wheel so when we spin it everyone gets hypnotised.
snow report
I am booked to go to a halloween ball and GUTTED I am going to miss this was was invited... unless anyone can get me from Oakham to Birmingham on the 1st November then back home by 2nd november as driving test is on third!!
snow conditions
THANK YOU SO MUCH TO Alastair Pink who is taking me for the Sunday... what a star!!
snow report
CEM wrote:
yep me and the spyderjon will be at Birmingham...... i beleive Jon will only be there Saturday/Sunday....there may well be some beers on the stand towards the end of play on saturday

OK, who told you all I was going on the Friday? Twisted Evil
latest report
maggi wrote:
CEM wrote:
yep me and the spyderjon will be at Birmingham...... i beleive Jon will only be there Saturday/Sunday....there may well be some beers on the stand towards the end of play on saturday

OK, who told you all I was going on the Friday? Twisted Evil

maggi No problem - change your travel day! Toofy Grin
snow report
Worth looking at parking at one of the stations down the line from the NEC and catching the train in from there for a couple of quid - all still cheaper than NEC parking and the train takes you in to the NEC itself
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy