Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Salomon X-Wing 10 / X-Wing Tornado / TI Plate Skis

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone skiing Salomon X-Wings?

Good points?

Bad points?

Thanks.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Skied on the Tornado Ti last year. They were great on the pistes, loads of grip but didn't get to try them off piste much. I did consider buying a pair but went for a pair of Scott Neo's instead. They Tornado's did feel a bit heavy under my feet, only real bad point I can think of.

Kersh
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Great all mountain ki but I would go with 60% on piste 40% off. You can push them very hard and they will stay realitivley stable untill you near the top end of the speed spectrum. Great grip and fluid edge to edge on piste. In the pow as long as it is not to deep it is quite capable and in c hopped up stuff they do seem to drive through

Bad points, a little narrow under foot for real powder skiing

I would go for the TI with plates personally
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I bought a set of the X Wing Tornados last year. Can't make comparisons to other skis as they're the first pair of modern style skis I've used since returning from a 10 year lay off.

I used the Tornados everywhere I skied last year, from early season heather bashing at the Lecht, a couple of brush up sessions at Xscape and a week in Avoriaz. Obviously they're way more manoeuvrable than the old Fischer RC4 'straight' skis I last used, but once I got used to not over weighting them to initiate turns, I've found them a stable piste ski for intermediate level skiing. One the one day we had a good dump of fresh snow, they coped well with new snow on piste, but they were harder work in the unpisted playpark at the back of Avoriaz - still manageable, but concentration was required to avoid too many tumbles.

I don't regret buying them - looking forward to getting them out in a few weeks time for the new season.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Whitegold, I tried them at the first Hemel bash. My review was:
Quote:
Finally gave some Salomon Tornado XWing Ti a whirl. Never really liked Salomon but Mr Slush'n'Rubble said these were a bit stiffer (which I like in a ski) cos of the titanium. Definitely my ski of the evening. Good edge grip, quick edge-to-edge (for a 16-ish m radius ski), I was really pleasantly surprised.

I'd need to try them on a mountain for a final ranking compared to my regular Crossfire/Legend/Magfire/Volant selection.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Bad points, a little narrow under foot for real powder skiing

Second.

Should be alright for someone with good powder skill though.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Good info, dudes.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
I tried them last season and loved them .... they carve really nicely on the piste and are much better in powder (though not perfect) than my Fischer slalom carvers which I normally ski on. They are just nicely stiff enough to cope well with ice and high speed but soft enough to bring a nice bounce to your turn. (I'm 182cm, 84kg and pretty decent skier and was suing the 170cm size)

I was going to buy a pair but i got persuaded in the shop to go with Scott Punishers instead because of the better powder qualities (and they were cheaper!!).
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy