Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Helmet enforcement...again!

Poster: A snowHead
Another ski area seem to be enforcing certain groups to wear a helmet this winter (see http://www.planetski.eu/news/868 ), but if you want to laugh then this probably a better story. What a ridiculous idea!" - http://www.planetski.eu/news/869
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
ben.clatworthy, Rather than just posting to get your click-thrus up, search to see if its already been covered??
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fatbob, is there any need to be so snippy? Puzzled It's not like your post was obviously about helmets (subject "That's it - achilles is never skiing in Whistler...") and, personally, I don't usually search for a post before I add one.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
geetee wrote:
.... personally, I don't usually search for a post before I add one.

Pity.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Again, no need for the attitude. rolling eyes All fatbob needed to say was 'you might like to have a look at this link that I have already posted' This used to be a nice place. Shame.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

This used to be a nice place. Shame.

Must have missed that Confused
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, me too...

geetee, you might care to look at Mr Clatworthy's website - where you will find that he is a "journalist" who does some work for the commercial ski news website two of whose stories he links to in his OP. A look at his 38 posts would show this seems to be his modus operandi.

As a promising "young journalist" it would be quite a good idea if he could be arsed to check the story has not already been published here...

fatbob, on the nail mate. wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Promising "very young journalist" actually, just 16. A bit more research and you would have known that wink He's had a hard time before and I think a bit more tolerance is called for.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Colin B, I read his site (as mentioned in my post) and noted his age. rolling eyes

Maybe somebody needs to tell him to stop spamming this site with click-through links to the site he is involved with, and may be he should learn the basics of his craft a bit more? As William Hague found to his cost - there is a fine line between being a talented youngster and being an annoying precocious git. As a father myself, I don't feel that being young automatically gives him a free pass on this one. If other people have given him a hard time before - may be he should actually learn from this?

Or do you think that spamming and pimping is cute and adorable? rolling eyes
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
There are several ways of helping youngsters learn there trade. I would favour something a little more constructive and less hostile. Each to his own I guess.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
IFIRC we did establish quite firmly that snowHeads is not for children ............Journalism is a tough competitive business.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
geetee, I think we're still nice enough to genuine newcomers however given the user base the site is seen as easy pickings by lots of spammers including lots of other ski websites looking to get their hits up.

Given ben clatworthy is involved with one of these I suggest he should be wise enough to know that its perfectly obvious what he's doing (&maybe not in the T&Cs)- otherwise he wouldn't post the link but would post the actual "new" content which after all is just a press release.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Sun 4-10-09 18:34; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Just for the record, I didn't actually write either of those two articles, and any that I do write for PlanetSKI carry my name at the top. I just thought it was a rather interesting story. Never mind... snowHead
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm going to be writing an October Ski Blog from Saas Fee later this month when I will be race training with my ski team - I'll remember to post that too wink

Last years (which i didnt post) is here - www.benclatworthy.wordpress.com
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
ben.clatworthy, it is nice to see young people involved in ski journalism.

Can we just see if your next 39 posts manage not to carry a link to the site you do work for? Nothing against that site - or its very highly regarded editor... Journalism (ski or otherwise) should surely be more than just the recycling of press-releases, and of dubious surveys/top tens provided by commercial organisations and lobby groups. snowHead
ski holidays
Completely aggree with that. I can't comment if that is a press release copy, as I said I didn't write the story. Personally I don't even read the PR's. Smile
ski holidays
ben.clatworthy,
Quote:

Ski Blog from Saas Fee later this month when I will be race training

Could I suggest the chat forum at www.mysnowsports.com which seems to cater for that niche market wink
latest report
http://www.mysnowsports.com/
That's died a death since Mr Sponsor disappeared and failed to give out money as promised to some of the young kids/talented racers. He owed several hundred pounds to some, flights to others.
No explaination as to why they did not recieve it either.
ski holidays
fatbob, achilles please!
This site has a large reader audience who enjoy skiing and reading about it. It's as simple as that.

I don't see a problem other than those that don't like to enter into the light-heartedness of the discussion.
ski holidays
Snowy,rolling eyes be assured I value your advice, and will treasure it in my heart.
ski holidays
Snowy, So long as the readership enjoy reading multiple iterations of the same thread and almost any thread taken over by commercial interests cross spamming on a tenuous basis then it is as simple as that. There are 3 separate threads on this simple non - news story alone. Ok mine was first and not explicitly headed Helmets but I posted it in anticipation (& as a bit of a joke) on the inevitable cross postings to follow.
snow conditions
Snowy, you don't appear to have read or understood the point people are trying to make... perhaps you should come back and discuss it when you can tell the difference between spam and news?
ski holidays
stoatsbrother, if you think 21 posts in 9 months linking to another website constitutes spam then perhaps you should go and research the difference between spam and news.
ski holidays
fatbob, stoatsbrother, and you don't seem to get it either. This is a discussion website. People can have the same discussions on numerous occasions, with different people present and are never quite the same. Such is the variety of life.

If you don't want to read it, then don't. Just don't spoil it for others with your snide comments.

If people truly thought it was spam, then wouldn't they ignore it?

Calm down and stop getting on your high horses all the time. rolling eyes
ski holidays
Snowy, thank you for your gentle soothing comments. Your wisdom is all inspiring - you light up our lives. Have you been sent to benighted snowHeads by Heaven? fatbob, stoatsbrother forswear your foolish ways! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
achilles, now I know why you don't understand what spam is - you think you're still in the 16th century. Mind you with 13532 posts your first post was probably back then anyway.
snow report
Can Snowy, soul enlightened
With wisdom from on high,
Can he to skiers benighted
The lamp of joy deny?
Salvation! O salvation!
The joyful sound proclaim,
Till each acerbic snowHead
Has learnt good Snowy's name.
snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead snowHead
snow report
geetee wrote:
achilles, now I know why you don't understand what spam is - you think you're still in the 16th century. Mind you with 13532 posts your first post was probably back then anyway.

Older than Stonehenge for me then Laughing
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Snowy, he keeps posting links to a commercial site (which has employed him) - a site which will receive funds per page view or clickthrough. This is spamming pure and simple. The fact that he actually hasn't really engaged in any discussion about the OP topic just serves to prove the point. I'd love to see him try that on TGR.

geetee, so over 50% of his posts pimp that site? Or perhaps he can't be bothered to come here and discuss things unless he has a link to pimp?

But no point in discussing with you guys is there... rolling eyes
snow report
boredsurfin, Stonehenge? Oh, I'm not that old. Hmm. C16? So 500 or so. ? Probably about right. I forget. Toofy Grin
latest report
stoatsbrother, again 3 a month doesn't really constitute spam. 3 an hour might be more like it.

achilles, boredsurfin, Laughing
snow conditions
geetee, tosh. That's like saying shoplifting once a month or being unfaithful 3 times a year doesn't count.

It is was it is. Posting links to commercial site with no real interest in engaging in debate. You and I are having more of a discussion than he is.

Anyway Achilles really is that old - trust me snowHead
snow report
stoatsbrother wrote:
Posting links to commercial site with no real interest in engaging in debate

He's not the only one to just post a link on an opening post. Also, maybe he would have engaged in a debate if someone had actually bothered to engage him in a debate in the first place. Anyway, I can see I'm flogging a dead one here so I think we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one. On a final note on this, if Ben is breaking any Snowheads rules then surely admin should pull him up about it and either ban him or give him a warning.

And boredsurfing claims to be even older. Little Angel
snow conditions
geetee, I must admit I have just stayed out of this one! People above going on about it getting money per click through and per page are wrong anyway... The editor did it after he left the Ski Club for a bit of fun really. There are even news stories about SnowHeads on there! Oh well its only a forum! Smile
snow report
ben.clatworthy, are you saying James Cove - who we all admire and respect - does not get any income at all from the very large SkiSet advert on the right border of his site? That that advert is placed out of the goodness of his heart? And that the ad rates card is not dependent on traffic?

It sound to me like you better go away and learn some basics of how media are funded... rolling eyes

Geetee yep - lets move on snowHead

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Mon 5-10-09 21:45; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
I meant last season - that is new...
ski holidays
ben.clatworthy, sounds like you need to get your posts subbed properly... wink
snow report
I rarely post anything on this forum, but I am a regular reader. I actually joined after seeing some videos Ben made and posted on this site about Disabled Skiing. He sits there and promotes disabled skiing, writes a few ski articles does some ski racing and posts the links to them...so what? I have his disabled ski videos as a favorite saved - he'll go somewhere that boy!
snow conditions
So anyway, helmet enforcement at Intrawest resorts. It's not really the case is it? In fact, as far as I remember, my daughter has always had to wear a helmet for her lessons so I'm sure that's not new. And I'm sure that helmets were already a requirement for the terrain park. I think the only new thing might be the instructor having to wear a helmet where the class has to wear one but I will check with my insiders in the W B S S to see if that was already the case. So, as far as I can see, not really news.

There, are we back on topic again? Cool

Last edited by You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net. on Fri 16-10-09 11:07; edited 1 time in total
latest report
funkydunck, actually, I think he will, too; and I agree that the disabled skiing material is very good work.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy