Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

new ski flight from Oxford to GVA

Poster: A snowHead
Shamelessly Stolen from Skiclub

There are now even more ways to get to the mountains with flights from Oxford Airport to Geneva this winter. From 19 December 2009 until 13 March 2010 Oxford Airport will be operating a twice daily flight to Geneva. Flights will leave Oxford at 12.20 and 14.05, arriving at Geneva at 13.20 and 17.00 (local time) respectively.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/news/story.aspx?intStoryID=6719

Didn't even know there was an airport in Oxford, but also check how long the 2nd flight is compared to the 1st - do they make you change planes in Zurich or something? Still with £25 quid parking for a week and free ski-carriage that's almost a better option for me than LHR or GVA provided the fares are resaonable.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Didn't you hear about Oxford being renamed "London (Oxford)" a month or two ago (and RuinAir doesn't even fly there Wink)? It also used to pride itself on being the busiest airport in the country - based on numbers of air movements (despite most of those being small GA like Cessnas) - not sure whether it can still claim that.

The times of that first flight look wrong - remember France is an hour ahead, so to take off at 12:20 and land at 13:20 you're going to have to be travelling at lightspeed between the two Shocked , and I don't think poor Kidlington's runway is quite up to handling the SS Enterprise Smile .
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Switzerland is 1 hour ahead too Wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Embarassed
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Now that's cool. Very Happy Kidlington is just half an hour from me. I hope their prices are affordable.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Only 15 minutes from me, could be good depending on price.
Which are the easiest resorts to get to using public transport/transfers from Geneva airport ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Shades wrote:
Only 15 minutes from me, could be good depending on price.
Which are the easiest resorts to get to using public transport/transfers from Geneva airport ?

Portes de Soleil, Cham, La Clusaz, Grand Bornard and more - for a fuller list http://www.j2ski.com/ski_resorts/Airports/Geneva.html
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
This is brilliant. I can drive to this airport in about 15 mins aswell.

I wonder what the prices will be like. The airline are Swiss, I don't much about them.

Might even consider using this, however I don't think using public transport to the Tarentaise from Gevena is easy.

The airport is tiny.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Christopher, then change your plans, and go to Flaine (ugly architecture, fantastic skiing and scenery) , Chamonix , Portes du Soleil or even Switzerland.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Helen Beaumont, cheers for the advice.

But tbh I'm keeping my options open.

You can get a train from Geneva to Bourg st. Maurice, changing in Chambery. I might think about doing that.

I'm saving up Chamonix for when I've reached a higher level of competency off piste. Not really ever been bothered about going to the PDS or Flaine.

Other snag is that their flights only run until 13th March. I want to be returning after that date.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Christopher wrote:
Helen Beaumont, cheers for the advice.

But tbh I'm keeping my options open.

You can get a train from Geneva to Bourg st. Maurice, changing in Chambery. I might think about doing that.

Other snag is that their flights only run until 13th March. I want to be returning after that date.

IIRC the train takes quite a long time due to the change (4 or so hours but I could be wrong!) . The article referred to the possibility of the service being extended past the 13th March (guess it depends on the level of bookings) - when some mates from Oxford flew out last year I think they came Luton to GVA on Sleezy for not to much money which although further than Oxford wasn't too bad..you could always oxford out returning to Luton..
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
bertie bassett, I'm even considering flying out and getting the TGV and then the eurostar back home.

I've been on the SNCF website, it takes about 3 and a half hours. But if you consider the amount of time I'd spend getting to Luton, Gatwick or Stanstead. I'm not too bothered anyway about how long it takes.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Odd stuff.

Looking to hear about the Oxford flights, signed up for their newletter - nada, nothing, rien.

So, thought, oh well, I wonder what sort of prices they are offering, so checked the Jan 16th Saturday for 2010 from London City.

Comes back with the airport designation OXF.... which indeed is Kidlington.

Anyone able to confirm which airport they are flying from - because it's a bit of trek in the wrong direction if they really have changed!!

Jim
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Booked it - Boxing Day out, 2nd Jan back £210 each. 20kg luggage, + 8kg hand luggage inc. and all taxes.
£25 parking for the week.

Oxford here we come!
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Had a quick look, and despite pickng Oxford as my airport of choice, it only offers London City - am I doing something wrong?
latest report
Guvnor, if you select London City and go onto the next stage, it actually offers you OXF - well, for those dates, anyway. MrsW spoke to their telephone people - it is indeed there.

I think they might need some help with their website...
snow report
Why this tickets are more expensive than from busy London City Airport?
snow report
Kidlington hasn't got the biggest runway in the world or indeed the county - so can't imagine they'll have very large planes Puzzled

Now if they could re-use Upper Heyford you could get the new Airbus in there and it's just of the M40
snow report
Boris, Q400 ( De Havilands) Turboprop 68-78 seater depending on configuration apparently.

I thought the M40 was Upper Heyford runway... Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy