Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

travel to other resorts on the les deux alpes pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Im going to l2a beginning of january and as the lift pass covers other resorts AH, Serre Che, Grave, St vincent etc we will be wanting to use it,
but what is the travel between l2a and these other resorts like ie. shuttles, price & journey time etc. your help is much appreciated.
Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Bus to Alpe d'Huez twice a week, 8€ return.
Daily helicopter transfer to Alpe d'Huez, about 60€ return.

Serre Chevalier a bit of a palaver by public transport - get to the bottom of the hill, catch morning Grenoble/Briancon bus, make sure you catch the afternoon bus back (about 4pm) or you're stuck over there, get back up to resort. Not really feasible. Alternatively, ask a TO rep if they're doing a coach trip.

The link to La Grave won't be open in early January, so your pass won't cover skiing there.

Other resorts (Puy St Vincent, Montgenevre, Milky way) - forget it unless you have a car. Nearset car hire is CarGo in Bourg d'Oisans.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
ady944, Alpe D'Huez is the easiest can be done by bus a couple of days a week (hour perhaps) or believe it not by helicopter. Not sure of the exact cost but bus is pretty inexpensive (£10??) and the chopper isnt actually THAT dear. Le Grave is closer but I'm not sure about shuttles, you can get over by skis but not that early I would think. Some better informed locals will probably be along too.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Locals beat me to it Smile but I wasn't far out!
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

Some better informed locals will probably be along too.

Er, yes. about six minutes ago. Laughing
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'm a very slow typist + I think the clocks very scewed up on the site Laughing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not sure you are right about La Grave. Although in the past it didn't open till January or even February (presumably because so much of the skiing is rocky or in some areas glaciated, I am told it now usually opens in December. The link is simply a quite short walk along the wide,almost flat ridge between the top of the two ski areas and I can't see how that could not be open if the skiing is open.
easyski will no doubt be along later to tell us.
Even if the very infrequent buses along the valley to La Grave (and past it to Serre Chevalier) were not adequate for a day visit I don't suppose a taxi would be that much (?).
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
snowball, although la Grave itself will probably be open, the link between there and 2Alpes doesn't open until the end of January. 2Alpes passes are not valid for La Grave unless the link between the two resorts is open, therefore early January skiers with 2Alpes passes will have to pay for a La Grave day pass should they wish to ski there.

The link is deemed to be open if DAL is running transport between the two - you can hike over the top as much as you like, but you'll still have to pay for the lifts on the La Grave side.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy