Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What do all you Skiiers/Boarders want that isn't on the market?

Poster: A snowHead
Hey All,

Wasn't really sure what topic to post under but I'd appreciate all of your views please.

My partner and I are starting up a business together, aimed at the winter sport industry.

I'd like to know if there is anything that you have ever said 'Arh, I want something like this' or 'I'm after something like that' etc. Maybe a thought you have had and wondered where you can purchase from?

I'd like all your thoughts as we want to be the company that produces gear, kit, accessories etc for people that want that little thing that you can't find in these big franchises like Snow and Rock.

All thoughts and ideas would be great.

Thanks guys Very Happy
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jode_123, I've got an idea - a surefire winner. I reckon it's going to be the essential kit item globally for all activities Alpine, and will be dirt cheap to produce, so huge margins and big rewards.

It's yours for £500k
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
US prices for the same gear in the UK without having to self import....

UK version of http://www.steepandcheap.com/
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
kitenski wrote:
UK version of http://www.steepandcheap.com/

+1. Import costs are a nightmare. Sad

Failing that how about a self powered mini-drill for use in an avalanche which burrows its way to the surface...oh no wait - hang on, that's my get-rich quick scheme! Laughing
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
a seperate lift system at every mountain for gapers only.......so i dont have to listen to "it was so f""king cold yesterday, i had to wear 2 pairs of jeans"..........

okbye
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Outboard motor for use with snowboards on flatland... actually just thought of a way to do it...

All i need is an old board, a reconditioned large capacity turbo charger, some steel tubes, some high temperature paint, a spark plug, some petrol, some oil, assorted pipework, a small electric pump and a power supply, a fearless snowboarder test pilot and access to flame retardant snowpants

I OFF TO THE DRAGONS DEN! Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rip off goggle covers like the F1 drivers have. And a lighter that will work on any lift regardless of wind or temp.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jode_123, a taser that will work through ski-jackets.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jonny luv plums, and following on also: Goggles that will cut through a white out and let you see the mountain and will give complete 3D definition to flat light conditions.

I also want a sherpa service that follows me round the mountain carrying a wide set of skis for when I meet slushy or powder conditions and a teleport service that gets skis out of the ski room and transports them to the top of the slope.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Megamum, I thought you had a man? Puzzled
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Good luck getting more than 10% sensible answers to a question like this. I'd suggest looking at other forums but i only know of the darksummer one which is pretty dead and newschoolers but thats full of trick ferrets (probably still get more useful replies there though). Having said that, Natives has a forum too, might be worth a look. Ski club must have one as well but i don't actually know.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
el nombre wrote:
... thats full of trick ferrets ...

Gotta ask, what's a 'trick ferret'.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've not seen any holiday companies or resorts that sell a snowfall every night and sunshine all day.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I've got the perfect thing...

solves all those annoying car/train/plane conversations

Guarantees you first tracks on every hill (provided you get your ass out of bed)

Cut's down on lift line waiting times, and listening to gapers

Maximises apres-ski enjoyment without the risk of being late for the chalet girl's latest delectation

Stops those interminable traffic jams on the N90

Do you know what it is yet?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
rob@rar wrote:
el nombre wrote:

Similar to a hucker. Basically someone that spends their life in the park and pulls off impressive tricks but usually makes them look crap due to a general lack of skill.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Thu 1-10-09 20:11; edited 3 times in total
snow report
It seems to me that winter sports are a very mature industry, in which once a year, maybe twice or three times if really doing well, a new idea comes along.

These ideas tend to come from the existing players within the market that have large R&D budgets, and people whose job it is to come up with this kind of stuff.

If your aim is just to "work in the industry" then you might be as wise to avoid an industry that so many people dream of being a part of.

I see this regularly in other sports industries, and frankly the people that do well are people who would do well in almost any industry and end up involved in the industry almost by accident or because there is a clear gap for what they've got.

If you want high quality ideas that might actually work, you either need to pay for them, or be very creative. People don't give away ideas that could make a million.
snow report
Roto Brushes n parts.
snow conditions
OK, something sensible. I have found it difficult to buy a childs jacket at a reasonable price which has a pocket on the left hand upper arm or breast section to put one of these electronic lift passes into. The ideal object would have some way of attaching it to the jacket that doesn't compromise the waterproofing qualities, will stay attached to the jacket for the duration of the holiday and provide a secure immediately tamper-proof container for the lift pass that will still mean it can be read by the machine readers. Currently the closest thing I've found is an adult sized stiff clear plastic container with an adjustable elastic strap, but it comes off the arm of the jacket easily when it is removed allowing the scenario of losing it when ski school stops for a drink at a kiosk and the child takes the coat off or falling on the floor of the appartment and not being missed until you have skied 1/4 mile downhill to the nearest lift. It is also rather bulky for a 6-7 yr old child. Ideally you need a pass that you can place in a holder that the child doesn't need to tamper with for the complete trip. On a jacket with a sleeve or LH breast pocket this isn't a problem, but on a coat without one it would help to have a solution that could be purchased for around the £4-5 mark.
snow conditions
A cheap, stress-free way to get to the Alps.
ski holidays
Megamum, have you never heard of gaff tape?
latest report
Youth
latest report
A flyweight AT binding with adjustable telemark mode and bomber downhill performance with build in flip out crampons. Light but bomber boots with vibram sole (& again flick out crampons) to go with it with a flick to engage or disengage tele bellows.

Alternatively cheap personal helicopter or teleport device (teleport device would have emergency "to the bar"setting which would deploy in any avalanche.)

Jedi mind trick device to fool airline & airport staff into accepting skis without payment of a supplement.

....Oh I bet you were just thinking you'd make a ski carry handle
snow conditions
rob@rar wrote:
el nombre wrote:

Alloy paws with LED underlighting.

Very long skinny Tall tees to sell to the trick ferrets.

Actually ski bling in general - stick on swarovski crystal for your bindings, gold and diamond inlay knuckle duster grips to put on your poles, helmet sized doo-rags. Ghetto blaster styled transceivers, chrome glock pistol holster for your pants.

Only the brave will buy it then we'll laugh at them
ski holidays
bertie bassett wrote:
I've got the perfect thing...

solves all those annoying car/train/plane conversations

Guarantees you first tracks on every hill (provided you get your ass out of bed)

Maximises apres-ski enjoyment without the risk of being late for the chalet girl's latest delectation

Stops those interminable traffic jams on the N90

Do you know what it is yet?

Thought it was doing a season except for

Quote:

Therefore it must be a teleporter ...

Anyway for my twopenneth ... a device that makes stroppy kids do as there told on the mountain and prevents small person tantrums .. but someone would have probably invented that for real life anyway!
ski holidays
A deep snow ski finder (lampus I'm still waiting rolling eyes)
ski holidays
Mosha Marc wrote:
Roto Brushes n parts.

What d'ya need?
ski holidays
Richard_Sideways wrote:
Outboard motor for use with snowboards on flatland... actually just thought of a way to do it...

All i need is an old board, a reconditioned large capacity turbo charger, some steel tubes, some high temperature paint, a spark plug, some petrol, some oil, assorted pipework, a small electric pump and a power supply, a fearless snowboarder test pilot and access to flame retardant snowpants

I OFF TO THE DRAGONS DEN! Toofy Grin

If you're sticking a gas turbine on the back of a snowboard I'm heading for the nearest bomb shelter! snowHead

Personal device for pulling one up slopes as fast as ski lifts go? Oh, guess a big dog would do. Network of large dogs for pulling skiers / boarders up to inaccessible areas? Cheaper than heliskiing, and the rescue dog is already at the scene in case of avalanches!
latest report
bertie bassett, an AK-47?...........

okbye
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
mfj197 wrote:

Personal device for pulling one up slopes as fast as ski lifts go?

Can pretty much do that with a modern kite!
snow conditions
Cloud seeding airplane fleet. I don't want it all for myself, I'd be happy to share the costs Toofy Grin
snow conditions
mfj197, hence the need for a fearless snowboarder test pilot and the flame retardant snowpants, but i think the need for a bomb shelter would only be required should the engine ingest something, like a small rock, pinecone, ski-pole or a pair of extra baggy pants. Some form of guard on the intakes perhaps...the research will continue... Cool
latest report
Jode_123 wrote:
What do all you Skiiers/Boarders want that isn't on the market?

Chemmy Alcott and Julia Mancuso. Toofy Grin

ski holidays
spyderjon wrote:
Mosha Marc wrote:
Roto Brushes n parts.

What d'ya need?

Got one now, but had to use ebay and Telemark Pyrenees.

Don't tell me you can get 'em!!?
snow report
Mosha Marc, of course I can rolling eyes
snow report
hover-luggage

a cure for after-lunch noodle legs
snow report
Mosha Marc, If there's anything spyderjon, doesn't have, I expect SkiBartlett will. They have sold them for years.
snow report
Snowy wrote:
a cure for after-lunch noodle legs

Easy answer for that one. Don't waste time stopping for lunch. Just stock up on malt loaf before you go and eat one of those everyday for lunch whilst on a lift.

Having said that. Malt loaf doesn't seem to exist anywhere other than the UK so maybe the OP should start a malt loaf vending outlet somewhere.
snow conditions
Sat nav.....

Turn Right
Turn Left
Turn Right
Turn Left
Turn Right
Turn Left
Turn Right
Turn Left
Turn Right
Turn Left
latest report
el nombre, malt loaf - now there's a thought....

We used to gorge on sugary trail mix wedges with chocolate-chips in Whistler which were fantastic if you could get hold enough of them. snowHead
snow report
You could stock anything for the telemark market - never easy to get hold of off line!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy