Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Val Thorens nightlife???

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I am off to Val Thorens in January (16th), and wondered where abouts the nightlife is exactly?
I know there is bar street, but where abouts is this located? Is there a name of the road (that isn't bar street) ?

Just trying to decide which apartment block to stay in!
The choice is between Les Lauzieres and Eterlous....

help much appreciated
alex
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Eterlous by a mile.
It is beside the church and the nitelife is all within 100m .
You can also ski back to your apartment from Tango which is a lively apres ski bar.
If you are lucky you might even get a south west balcony as this block of apartments commands great views of the mountains.
The Plein Sud piste runs by the back of the block which means that you can ski down from the bar at the top of the lift in the evening.
The main nitelife is at the top of the resort but these apartments are far enough from it not to be disturbed.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
thanks for that jimmjimm.....
Could you (or anyone else) recomend any other apartments that they know are available or if you have stayed in ???

cheers
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Try Lac du lou which is beside Eterlous but nicer. You can get a studio for 4 for that week including 4 lift passes for 908 Euro.

Last edited by You need to Login to know who's really who. on Thu 1-10-09 12:35; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The Les Olympiades is right by the main nightclub if that's your kind of thing. You can also walk straight out of the front door on to the slopes.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
jimmjimm who is offering that??
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
and, having looked at a few websites, it seems that les lauzieres is closer to the nightlife than eterlous???
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
No , it's beside the bus station ,
and all the night life is at the top of the town. have a look at valthonet.com.
The local agency named agence2300 are doing that deal for your week.
You book whatever apartment you like and you can add a local or 3 valley liftpass for a special rate.
Don't go with lauzieres, believe me , you'll kick yourself when you get there. it looks out onto a carpark at one side and a bus station on the other.
Plus you'll have an extra 200m walk to the nightlife.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
how do I find that deal through agence2300?
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Google them . then online booking . pick your apartment .and on the bottom of the apartment you can choose services.
Choose the area and number of days pass that you want . don't bother with the other extras as they can be found for less ie ski hire/lessons.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you want good night life Val thorens may not be your best choice
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
ianwatkins - why's that? where would you recommend?
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Le Vanois was great too... Next to Malysia nightclub and bus station. Very central to shops and everything. Great view too.....
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I never had a problem with their nightlife in VT, it's not the biggest resort nor is the timing the busiest time of year, or for that matter is this year likely to be one of the years where everyone is throwing money about.... but I am sure there will still be plenty of chaps out and about.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
where would you recommend thats snow sure, with perhaps better nightlife then, than Val Thorens? Bearing in mind it is mid January, and when I went to Valtho in 2007 (mid Jan) it was the only place that had decent snow (hence the decision)....
latest report
I have never had a problem Skiing that time of year in Tignes. 2007 had great skiing then, and every year since 2005 I have been there at that time with no problems and great snow and nightlife. But VT would be fine too.
ski holidays
aldoyle, Verbier.
ski holidays
would you say the night life in Tignes is better than Val Thorens??? And is Val Claret the best place to stay in Tignes (for nightlife + access) ??
latest report
I would say the main difference is the age of the clientele. VT is more teens and twenties, Tignes Val Claret is similar and Le Lac/Lavachet are more Twenties and thirties. I personally prefer Tignes due to the lift system and ease of getting around the mountain compared to the 3V, but that's a whole other story!!
snow report
hmmm, you've got me thinking that I should maybe do Val Claret instead now!
I have been to Tignes a couple of times before - stayed once in les brev + once in val disere.
snow report
If you are in either Val C or Lac they are only 20mins apart by foot or 5 mins on the bus, I think the nightlife is much quieter than Val D but at least there are considerably fewer Rahs!!
snow conditions
val claret isnt as lively as val disere??? is it as lively as Val thorens??
latest report
It is smaller, so I would say that Tignes Val C and Lac together are about as busy, but the ambience is quite different. I really lked VT for all the same reasons I think you will, but for skiing convenience if nothing else, I keep getting pulled back to Tignes - lucky really as I work there!
latest report
this is proving to be a hard choice to make now Very Happy

what reasons did you really like VT for then???
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy