Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Snow Report - Winter 2009/10

Poster: A snowHead
bar shaker wrote:

It needs to cool down and snow soon, if there is to be enough to cope with the Easter crowds.

Loads of snow to cope with the Easter crowds. There are a few bare patches where everyone stops but this are generally covered up each night by the piste bashers.

The temperatures have been very warm this week although most nights we have had a freeze at resort level:D lots of red faces around due to the lack of sun cream Embarassed

This morning it is snowing very lightly, in the village, but hopefully more snow higher up. The forecasts for the next couple of days vary as snowforecast.lie.com are giving snow today & tomorrow whilst Tignes web site is giving cloud & sunny spells Puzzled A bit of fresh powder would be much appreciated so hopefully lies.com are correct for once.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
stewart woodward, snow-forecast have been forecasting snow for today for the last 3-4/7. A large top-up this week (prior to our arriving!) would be brilliant. Please would you arrange.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
A quick update from Val Claret; it's absolutely tipping it down with snow. The temperatures have dropped slightly since the morning and the snow is laying, and laying very thick. There doesn't seem to be an end in immediate sight, so if the temperatures can stay below freezing for a day or two it'll really give the lower slopes in particular a whole new lease of life.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Dav, marvellous. Arriving Easter Sunday Cool

(will it be crowded?)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jon, I take it back, the blooming sun has come out now and its perfect blue skies!! I've not been out today but it certainly looks to have freshened things up a huge amount, and should make for a great morning first thing tomorrow.

As for Easter, I'm really not the one to ask as I'm just a vacationer, and I'm only here for one more week. But I've been here for 3 weeks now and can't say the resort has seemed anywhere near overly busy in all that time, so fingers crossed you should be ok.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
SNOW SNOW SNOW Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yesterday morning dawned bright and clear with about 10cm of new snow and the forecast of more snow in the afternoon. I had arranged to ski with a few guys from that other outfit (SCGB) and after a little faffing about we rode the aeroski to the top of Toviere to begin our mornings skiing. We skied sections of Familiar before decending into La Daille via the trees. Great snow all the way although the temperature rose from -10 at the top to + 6 at the bottom Puzzled We then skied around Grand Pre area and found some fresh tracks in knee deep powder Very Happy

After a few descents above the Le Fornet cable car we took the signal lift to the Grand Vallon. The Vallon was just superb with fresh tracks for everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
We stopped for lunch at the Edelwisse?? where we had to settle for an outside table as we had not booked Sad We had just ordered our drinks when the forecast snow started and we had to eat in a heavt snow shower Puzzled Puzzled Lunch was finished pretty quickly and we returned to Tignes in heavy snow.

This morning it is still snowing and we have had about 30cm overnight Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hope my clients this morning are up for some POWDER skiing
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hi Stewart

Was absolutely gutted to be leaving this morning with all that snow. Thanks for a great lesson.

Sarah (little one)
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Well it is cooler - epic journey up to Val D'Isere last night - left Bourg at 5.45pm arrived Val D at 8.45pm having put snow chains on en route and passed many people sliding around. Winter tyres didn't do it yesterday! Still snowing mcuh of today and windy in exposed areas. Skied some lovely green runs above Val and the nursery slopes were fine this am. Slush in Val D now but probably less so in Tignes as higher. Hopefully venturing over there tomorrow. Never been to this area before (but then in 4 years skiing there are still soo many places to try out...) Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Hold on for another three weeks!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Quote:

Hold on for another three weeks!!

Second that, there from the 18th!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Late starter, Just landed back the snow since Friday has been great, Val d was slushy up to Saturday if you go low, but fab higher up, I was in Tignes Le B and there was 6 inches of snow last night. Looking good for next week.

Last edited by snowHeads are a friendly bunch. on Mon 29-03-10 21:53; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stewart woodward wrote:
SNOW SNOW SNOW Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Yesterday morning dawned bright and clear with about 10cm of new snow and the forecast of more snow in the afternoon. I had arranged to ski with a few guys from that other outfit (SCGB) We skied around Grand Pre area and found some fresh tracks in knee deep powder Very Happy
After a few descents above the Le Fornet cable car we took the signal lift to the Grand Vallon. The Vallon was just superb with fresh tracks for everyone Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
This morning it is still snowing and we have had about 30cm overnight Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Hope my clients this morning are up for some POWDER skiing

great few hours Stewart , enjoyed every minute thanks, some fantastic off piste powder specially Vallon best all week wish we could have spent some more time there Very Happy
gutted to be going home home sunday the snowfall on saturday afternoon/evening will be great for those skiing this week !

Le Lac about 4.30pm saturday

the balcony in our chalet about midnight saturday , it had about 2cm at 5.30pm!! and catches about half what the mountain does

snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
51st state, great happy-making photos Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ooooh....we've just booked a last minute trip because you're making it sound so fab....now I've seen the photos I'm a happy happy person Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
51st state, wowsers... hope that lot stays around til I get there on Sun Cool
snow report
homphomp, when and which bit?
jonm, we're in le Lac arriving Saturday, where are you staying?
ski holidays
Hi Freddie Paellahead, we're actually staying in Les Boisses but happy to meet up during the week to ski/drink with other snowHead folk Very Happy
latest report
Freddie Paellahead, Lavachet...but not arriving until a week Sunday...guessing you'll be home by then? Hope you don't wear out all that lovely snow....
snow conditions
homphomp, yes, we'll have left on the Saturday.
Looks like there's plenty of snow and more coming Very Happy
snow conditions
We are in tignes on Thursday night for the long weekend...... snow looks great, but will there be any sun ?
snow conditions
Great pics 51st state! Two weeks to go... Very Happy
snow report
We're in Le lac from Saturday staying at the Alpaka, also happy to meet up to ski/board/drink with other snowHead Really happy to see its been snowing snowHead
ski holidays
blizt wrote:
snowHead Really happy to see its been snowing snowHead

Still snowing here Very Happy Very Happy Started snowing monday night and has not really stopped since rolling eyes

The conditions are just fantastic.

For anyone travelling saturday evening/sunday morning lots of snow is forecast so ensure you have snow chains etc. Last saturday evening/night it was taking about 2 - 3 hrs from Bourg st Maurice due to the road conditions and all the idiots without chains/snow tyres.
latest report
stewart woodward, Hi Stewart.I see you were up bright and early. Shocked

Max spotted you in the Palafour queue this morning but was a bit too far off to say hello. I got a text from him at breakfast time saying that conditions were "MEGA" Madeye-Smiley Madeye-Smiley .

We just wish we were out there now. Cheers, George & Claire wink
ski holidays
Quote:

Last saturday evening/night it was taking about 2 - 3 hrs from Bourg st Maurice

Shocked Shocked
snow report
Possibility of sun tomorrow. Very Happy
snow conditions
Max reported "nearly waist deep" snow under Borsat lift this afternoon. snowHead snowHead snowHead

Work sucks Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad
snow conditions
GeorgeVII wrote:
Max spotted you in the Palafour queue this morning but was a bit too far off to say hello.

Hi George. What queue Puzzled Puzzled Skied Palafour 4 times yesterday morning, between 09.00 & 10.00, and nobody about Very Happy Very Happy Had to work at 10.00 Sad

Beautifull morning today with clear skies and cold temperatures. Should be a great day Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Fancying a late trip this year and looking at the conditions I think Tignes is a good bet. Have skied Val and whole area once before, I think I will try for after easter. When does the resort close and will the snow conditions last? Bit of advice would be great
snow report
Quote:

2 - 3 hrs from Bourg st Maurice due to the road conditions and all the idiots without chains/snow tyres.

Shocked there seems to be a bit of a feeling about that if you go skiing in late season these boring things aren't necessary. Saturday night's conditions here were about as bad as I've ever known. A genuine blizzard, very difficult to find your way if unfamiliar. Sounds as though the police were not really on the ball stopping ill-equipped drivers.
latest report
joshua, I think it closes first weekend of May, and there looks to be plenty of snow to last.

By the way, does anyone know if any of the supermarkets in Le Lac or Val Claret are open on Bank Holiday Monday?
snow report
Just about the end of another great week in the espace killy. The conditions are still very good and this morning its bright and sunny Very Happy
The weather during the week has been a little changable but unfourtunatly no snow since last weekend Sad

The pistes are holding up very well with no obvious bare patches.

I saw my first marmotte of the season last Tuesday, hopefully there should be a few more around this morning enjoying a little sunbathing.

I must just give SteveKirby's, kids group a mention as we had a great couple of lessons. The youngest, Abbey 8 years old, thought slidding down Trolles on her tummy was 'cool' rolling eyes rolling eyes
snow report
Cheers Stewart, good to hear. Bit more snow forecast for early next week?
We arrive in Tignes on Sunday Smile
snow conditions
According to the snow forecast there is a bit forecast for next week, about mid week it seems. I think it might be quite a lot because the last time they forecast about 10cm of snow it dumped a fair bit Very Happy
latest report
Quote:

I must just give SteveKirby's, kids group a mention as we had a great couple of lessons. The youngest, Abbey 8 years old, thought slidding down Trolles on her tummy was 'cool'

Laughing Cheers stewart woodward, The kids had a blast in lessons and by yesterday were sking brilliantly! I have to say it was another great 4 days skiing in the Espace Killy, it takes some beating when the snow and weather are good. The kids said it was their best trip yet.

Bit gutted the seasons over for us now!!
snow report
It's SNOWING again Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
stewart woodward,GET IN!! Keep it there til next monday!
snow report
The weather over the last couple of days has been a bonus as all forecasts have said bad weather and snow and we have had sunshine and geat skiing Little Angel Little Angel
Hopefully this will last all week.

However my season ended this afternoon after i took a tumble in the snowpark and dislocated my shoulder amd fratured my arm Sad Sad
snow conditions
stewart woodward, Sad
ski holidays
stewart woodward, Shocked Sad Very bad luck.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy