Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

St.Anton- End of March 1st week of April

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hello All,
Looking for confirmation from Arlberg experts on the state of play ,conditions etc for an end of March/start of April D.I.Y. week.Am I running the risk of slush except on the high ground or should it be peachy creamy conditions for a 50/50 on/off piste time.Also looking for an opinion on Piste to Powder as we are looking for a couple of days guiding/instruction and their site looks good with reasonable prices so if anyone has used them please let me know.Sorry Boabski that I'll miss bumping into you in the various "hostalaries" that you frequent but work has reared it's ugly head and I can only go during school hols.
ta,
briand6868
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
There will certainly be loads of snow still at that time. When I was there at about that time there was a bit of slush on sunny slopes lower down, but that's the same anywhere. Personally I rather like it a bit slushy.
Lots of people on here ski with Piste to powder. They are a bit expensive but are generally worth it from what I hear. The owner (Graham Austick) takes the top group when he is there but most of his time is now spent guiding at his new business in Norway. He is one of my all time 4 favourite guides.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
briand6868, Guetan Tag Herr d6868. Pity you can't make the same week as us. So far there are 7 confirmed for our weeek, plus my neighbour and a few of his buds are going week before but overlapping a day or two. That Saturday is going to be a bit of a session - oh dear Toofy Grin
My brother in law has been at Easter the last couple of seasons with family (Oberlech and Stuben - he's such a copycat). As you rightly summise and snowball, states too, the snow is fine higher up and as you know the most of the skiing is done at a higher level and only hit the lower runs when a) it's dark and b) you've had a few too many at the Mooserwirt so who cares about snow conditions wink
I'm statying at Haus Angleika this year which I've not stayed in before but hard to beat locations http://www.arlberg.com/hotel.angelika/?L=1
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Guetan aben? Herr Boabski unt Snowball,We are destined to meet at some stage!!! Have just started a ski club in the school where I work ( not as a teacher) and have been christened" DER SKI-FUHRER" by my fellow ski-bums.Thanks for confirming things for me ref easter visit.The longest I could get out for at end of Feb would be days leave Friday,arr fri night,dep late Sun overnight train to Zurich and early flight home to Dublin to be in work for 4pm that day but this is deffo a tempter- bug the ressession. Her indoors has sanctioned a second visit but it's cost a new sofa!!! I've said I need to practice for my instructors assessment and along with much grovelling got the nod, but the end justifies the means- am I sad or what.I'll look up things.Me thinks a cunning plan is coming together.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Don't do it . the slush is horrible at that time of year. Go High. Hintertux, Tignes, Val Thorens.
Unless you don't care about the skiing that is. Great place for drinking.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Mornings is great Fohn Skiing .
After 11-12am everthing is good above 2000M , North facing slopes are pristine nearly allday.
The slopes to the town are just that. to go down or to go for lunch, they get wet, slushy but staying to the edge of the pistes you will find great lines with great snow.
Off-Piste depending on temps (normally high) you can expect high Avi condtions in the afternoon.

This time of year its all about hitting the hill early, first lift a solid 3 hrs of sliding and then retiring at lunchtime. Very Happy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
briand6868 wrote:
Guetan aben? Herr Boabski unt Snowball,We are destined to meet at some stage!!! .
I hope so.

I'm not going to St Anton this coming season but aim to the one after.

This year I have planned -
Haute Maurienne area (staying Val Cenis) 3rd week Jan;
Montgenevre (Milky way area + probably a day each at Serre Chevalier & Puis St Vincent - &/or possibly La Grave) end Feb/early March;
Andermatt (with SCGB) last week of March.
Possibly (late season?) weekend in Scotland.

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Wed 30-09-09 13:34; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Should be ok, follow the sun from Gampen to Galzig then to to Rendl in the afternoon. Nuff said and enjoy Wink
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy