Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Buying Skis - best way to do it

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I want to buy my OH some skis for Christmas. Having only ever rented I've not really paid attention to brands etc etc. What's the best way for me to go about getting him a good pair? I'm assuming it's best I make a "voucher" for him to present in a card for Christmas and then he needs to go and trial some out. I've seen that the Fridges have some Demo days but I've missed those. Any help and pointers in the right direction would be great. Suppose I would spend up to £500 if that was what was needed, though happy to pay less if I can get decent kit for that. We ski on piste virtually ALWAYS, he skis hard and fast. We've had about 12 skiing hols so far. Thanks in advance.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pickle1, welcome to snowHead

Have you seen this thread already ?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
oh, thanks for that but we cant do that day. Shame.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
given your location, I'd suggest attending a demo day at Tamworth, looks like Ellis Brigham have them on Wed evenings:

7th Oct
11th Nov
9th Dec

Then if he finds something he likes you can get some vouchers.

Do you have a 2010 ski holiday booked? The other option is to buy in resort. A decent shop should let you test various skis in resort, and knock the hire cost off your final purchase price.

http://www.ellis-brigham.com/cgi-bin/pnDbDetail.cgi/display::news::::::729::user

another ellis-brigham site says:

We've never made a charge for test equipment used at indoor slopes, and this season if you demo skis at Ellis Brigham and decide to buy, we will knock the session price off the cost of your new skis. You could say we're letting you demo for free! (terms & conditions apply)

Terms: All qualifying purchases must be made no later than 1 week after the last demo date. We will reduce the reatil price by the cost of a 1 hour session. A stamped and completed demo form with receipt for slope time must be presented to obtain the discount. The discount can be claimed at any Ellis Brigham store upon presentation of the completed demo form and receipt. Offer may be withdrawn at anytime. Not to be used in conjunction with sales prices or any other offer.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, thanks, that looks great. We are going away at the end of the year so I will consider doing the ski hire/demo thing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Pickle1, just watch the prices in the resorts this year.... with the euro the way it is assuming he can try something in the UK it will be the cheapest place to buy
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Best place is obviously SNOWHEADS Buy/Sell/Exchange e.g. bargain pair of Seths on there at the moment new unmounted wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
hi Pickle1, welcome to snowHead s

fatbob offers some good advice, the buy/sell is a great thread but I'd steer clear of the Seths on there and consider something like the Fischer AMC76 instead wink wink wink
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
fatbob, I am surprised the Seths are still available...Laughing
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
CEM, good thinking.

fatbob, Roger C, I'm thinking your posts are less than altruistic Laughing

I have looked at the buy/sell bit but to be honest it confuses me - as we've only ever hired I have no idea about bindings and drilling holes etc, I dont know what I should be looking for. Think I need to go to Tamworth.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Pickle1, most of us who have our own skis don't know anything about bindings and drilling holes either, don't worry. It's a bit like the choice between buying a stereo off the shelf or doing what HiFi fanatics do and going for a whole lot of separates and talking about tweeters and woofers and admiring each others amps. wink
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy