Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Neilson cancelling flights anybody else affected

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Got home Friday to find and answer phone message to ring Thomas Cook!
Did this and was told Neilson have cancelled the Manchester and Birmingham flights to Turin on the 28th March/4th April 2010. I was told i could still take my holiday via the Gatwick flight! Initially i thought no way, its 300 miles to Gatwick, but having looked at the same holiday with Crystal and other destinations not meeting our criteria, my best option has been to accept the offer. however i am waiting to hear that i will get £50 back for the Manchester flight supplement that i no longer need to pay. Obviously no compensation was due because they notified 6 months in advance. My mind is wondering how long they have know the situation as for months now there has been no availability for holidays on those dates using the Manchester Turin flight, i thought this was because it was fully booked!!!!! maybe i was wrong?
Another concern will be getting home from Gatwick to South Cumbria on an Easter Sunday afternoon using public transport ie Bristish Airways and Northwestern Trains.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm glad I've decided on the train this year!
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
What a pain especially as you had booked early and made your plans around the flight

As a former resident of South Cumbria (Dalton), I would have thought your chances of getting home by train were pretty slim (especially as Railtrack seem to use every Bank Holiday to close the lines for works). Might be better to pickup a one way hire car from Gatwick ?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
we are planning to go on the train to Gatwick on the 27th, about 5-6 hours so not too bad, we always planned to stop over at an airport hotel, and Gatwick Hol inn is less than £50, so nothing lost there, coming back i think we will book the Gatwick Manchester BA 2pm flight, and then take our chances with the Airport Express to Ulverston. Puzzled
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I guess you won't know until nearer the time if the line is affected by rail works on Easter Sunday
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Coach.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy