Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Skiing on PC with Eurosports Player

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Someone linked to this on Twitter. Might be of interest to anyone who has disconnected their Sky box, but is missing the skiing.

http://player.eurosport.co.uk/SubscriptionProcess/Subscribe.aspx?offerid=230
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No need to pay for sking just get an old anologue box and dish ! International eurosport is free and has all the sking on it, aswell as the tour de France etc. You can also use it to watch 3 sat in the mornings which does live pictures from the austrian ski resorts!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
brock wrote:
No need to pay for sking just get an old anologue box and dish ! International eurosport is free and has all the sking on it, aswell as the tour de France etc. You can also use it to watch 3 sat in the mornings which does live pictures from the austrian ski resorts!

Or get a free to air digital satellite box and receive German Eurosport (and many others such as 3 sat, TW1(austrian tourism/travel channel), Bayerische Runfunk etc. from the Astra 1 satellite position. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Alastair Pink wrote:

Or get a free to air digital satellite box and receive German Eurosport (and many others such as 3 sat, TW1(austrian tourism/travel channel), Bayerische Runfunk etc. from the Astra 1 satellite position. Madeye-Smiley

We had one for years Toofy Grin Great too as we recieved a few other channels worth watching. Unfortunately the box gave up the ghost a couple of years ago and the dish ws falling apart too. served its purpose though. Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Is it possible to watch more skiing via eurosport website ie the races that are shown in Germany but not here?
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
international eurosport has all sking not just those shown on german tv and the comentry is in english
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Or have sky hd and watch all the fis coverage is fantastic high def. Cant wait.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
brock wrote:

I've got one that's just hanging on. I was great for last years Moto GP coverage.

Alastair Pink, Do you have a recommendation for for one of the Digital Boxes ? And do they do English Commentary ?
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Renry, but that would involve a new TV and a new satellite installation.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
david@mediacopy, Maplins are a convenient high street supplier of Free to Air digital satellite receivers, eg this one for £39.99. You'll need a satellite dish pointing at the Astra 1 satellite position (19.2deg East orbital position) - this was the position used by the old original analogue Sky broadcasts, when Sky went to digital transmission they moved to Astra 2 (28 deg East). The satellite dish needs to be fitted with a so called universal LNB (these have been standard for years, but an original (analogue Sky) LNB will not work). Maplins also do packs including digital satellite receivers,dish, LNB and cable eg this one for £59.99.

The above systems are standard definition, if you want to pay more you can buy HD free to air satellite receivers, and if you have a multi LNB setup covering both Astra 1 and Astra 2 you will be able to get BBC and ITV HD channels (plus the UK Freesat SD channels) from Astra 2, whilst also receiving the European FTA channels from Astra 1. I have this HD FTA satellite receiver.

PS If you subscribe to Maplins newsletter you can claim discount vouchers.

PPS German Eurosport don't have an English commentary soundtrack, however since my German is quite reasonable that's not a problem for me. Anyway when you're watching a downhill race it's pretty obvious who's skiing at the moment and who is the current leader. Toofy Grin

HTH
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Alastair Pink, Cheers !

So it sounds like I can keep my existing dish and swap the decoder box and LNB thingy and 'jobs a good un'. I'm already getting Eurosport so I guess the dish is pointing the right way. It sounds like a good option for when my existing decoder box packs up.

I don't suppose if anyone knows if it's possible to get EuroSport International on the new digital decoders (I'm guessing no ? Sad )
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Technomate are the daddys of decoders this one gets my vote:

http://www.wizardsatellite.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=4_37&products_id=29

not really recomending the suplier, getting a lot of bad press lately for it's poor coms about missing orders! However the box is exellent, the software is easily changed with a usb stick and if watching english sport on a german pay channel for example you simply press the language button and presto english commentry.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
does anyone know if the online eurosport player subscribtion is country specific, or will I be able to watch online from any country ?
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy