Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New airline to Genva from London City Airport

Poster: A snowHead
Fly Baboo a Swiss airline will start services to Geneva form 25 October, www.flybaboo.com.

Haven't checked out their ski carriage costs.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looks like not bad value, just compared with my easyjet flights in January and Baboo is only £8 rtn more expensive. good option if going straight from work on friday if you work in the city.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Flights times could be a bit tricky, interesting mix of French and English on the English version. Up to 2 bags allowed in 20kg hold allowance,

The best bit!

"5.8 Enjoy carrying your ski equipment on board for free
Restricted to one ski equipment per person; equipment (skis, poles and boots) must be stored in an appropriate bag."

the flight I just looked up was £78 per person - much cheaper than Swiss for the equivalent flight times

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 25-09-09 16:53; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just tried flights for the EoSB - not there, but the timetable hasn't been updated yet. one to keep any eye on
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I love London city. But do we trust this mob?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
stoatsbrother, dunno yet, but very interested.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
stoatsbrother, been around since 2003, Swiss based airline fly mainly to Italy and France, and a few other places, trust them as much as you would any airline, They get good reviews www.airlinequality.com/Forum/baboo.htm. I'll be booking my flights with them.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stoatsbrother, They are great have used them a lot out of Geneva to other destinations. Food and drinks are also good!!!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I have flown on them several times in Europe. My experiences have all been favourable. They are one of the better lower cost airlines.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
radar, snowandtrek, casnbs, Thanks - that is really reassuring and the kind of info snowHeads is great for snowHead
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother, I sincerely hope that they are as good as reputed but a friend was unlucky enough to have her Nice-Geneva leg cancelled three trips in a row (over about 4 months) and the customer service following wasn't exemplary. She will only use Easyjet now.

Part of the problem of course is that they aren't running large numbers of flights to each destination, nor do they have a huge fleet. So if something doesn't go according to plan, it's that much harder for them to accommodate it.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
stoatsbrother, I've use them a lot out of Nice mainly ... They are an excellent airline, not 'Low-Cost' at all. Depends what aircraft they use though ... props are quite small. Schedule can go to pot as they have such a small fleet but that happens with big guys as well. rolling eyes
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
under a new name, I must have used them 20 times ..maybe more ... never had a flight cancelled. Can you warn us when your friend books to fly next with anyone ? wink
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
dirt cheap flights! the only drawback (deal breaker for me) is that they fly back from Geneva at 17h05 on sundays which means that you do a half day skiing at best as opposed to the 9pm BA flight that leaves you the whole day to ski
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
snowforever, and no Saturday flights, or at least not for the Saturdays in March I was looking at. Sad
ski holidays
Hurtle, they operate Monday to Friday and Sunday
snow report
radar, yes, indeed, but the rental I'm looking at is, unfortunately, Saturday to Saturday.
snow report
Hurtle, Embarassed
ski holidays
Hurtle, someone helpfully suggested, on another thread, the Novotel in Ferney Voltaire on Saturday night for a Sunday flight - they apparently do a shuttle bus to the airport. But two nights in the Novotel...... Puzzled
latest report
pam w, thanks. Not sure...
snow conditions
holidayloverxx wrote:
Flights times could be a bit tricky, interesting mix of French and English on the English version. Up to 2 bags allowed in 20kg hold allowance,

The best bit!

"5.8 Enjoy carrying your ski equipment on board for free
Restricted to one ski equipment per person; equipment (skis, poles and boots) must be stored in an appropriate bag."

the flight I just looked up was £78 per person - much cheaper than Swiss for the equivalent flight times

How you gonna get all that lot inside 20 kg, are you planning on wearing ski boots and 4 layers for the flight snowHead I struggle getting my kit bag under 20kg, never mind including the skis.

But I do have my Male grooming kit to consider wink
ski holidays
Hurtle, not such a bad idea. Arrive Friday, get up early, into ski kit in Novotel, be on slopes by 08h30 chasing lifties on THEIR way to work. ON Saturday, ski till last lift closes, enjoy restful meal in Geneva (there are nice restaurants near the airport, sleep the sleep of the well skied skier and catch a flight home the next day. Doesn't sound too bad to me...
ski holidays
Kel, I read that as your ski kit is in addition to your 2 bags - it doesn't say it's part of your 20kg hold alllowance.
snow report
Quote:

Doesn't sound too bad to me...

under a new name, when you put it like that, no it doesn't! Particularly if you had convivial company to share the car hire, meals, etc. We have friends who fly out to visit us from City airport - he raves about it - it's such an easy and short train ride from their home in Romford (mind you, it would take more than proximity to City airport to persuade me to live in Romford).
ski holidays
Hurtle, I was going to add that we are thinking of doing Friday night in the Ibis at Geneva Airport a bit cheaper than Novotel, and they also have a shuttle bus
holidayloverxx, Agree with you, the appropriate bag I read as ski/snowboard one
snow report
The Stars Hotel at Ferney is probably a lot cheaper than either - and within a short taxi ride or short walking distance (though not a very pleasant walk) to the terminal.
ski holidays
just checked - 45/50 euros a room.
latest report
Hey great news! And BA is flying this route too. Lots of competition then - good!!!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
firebug, BA Heathrow or Gatwick to Geneva only nothing form City, don't forget that you have to pay extra for Ski's.

Having looked at the first week of January, both Swiss (from City) and BA (from Gatwick) are a lot more.
snow conditions
radar, BA will be flying from city as of Dec 16th (I think?) Very Happy Prices looked OK but not as cheap as Baboo. Ski carriage is a good point for most ppl.
I wonder if Air France will start the route again this winter. They made a massive screw-up of it last season and as a result it was mega-cheap, I can't believe they made much money.
snow report
Ba flights to geneva are way cheaper from heathrow. I'd rather save the money and commute to heathrow!
snow report
Anyone received a BA Executive Club email from "WillieWalsh@37000feet.com" ? (It is genuine!) wink ... looks like some pilot has put a bomb up Willie the Leprechaun's arrus at last --or maybe he just thinks he's God Twisted Evil
snow report
snowforever, true! but I live near City so I can get there for 2 quid in 45 minutes on the DLR, and you can get there ridiculously late for your flight and still make it. 20 mins is our record. Heathrow is huge and slow, and the saving in the flight is not always less than the cost of getting there. It really depends where you're coming from though. Smile
latest report
i work in canary wharf so i would usually take the jubilee/waterloo then heathrow express to get there quickest (heathrow express is pricey) otherwise i would take the picadilly line and it costs £4 or so. The difference in price though is much higher than the commuting price
ski holidays
firebug, BA from 14 December London City to Geneva, didn't show when I was looking,thanks
Air France won't be back their loads weren't that good, I still find it strange that they don't do Lyon either
snowforever, think fly baboo are cheaper
Maybe we should have a Canary Wharf get together
snow report
Now if I could get flights from City on the way out (another Wharf-worker) and to Heathrow on the way back (v convenient given I live in Richmond) with free ski carriage I'd be a happy bunny.
snow conditions
Sideshow_Bob, you can't have it all, but nearly BA out London City and back to Heathrow
ski holidays
Sideshow_Bob, pssst - Swiss
or don't they fly in and out of LHR any more?

Last edited by After all it is free Go on u know u want to! on Tue 29-09-09 18:14; edited 1 time in total
latest report
I do prefer City though - the time factor makes a big difference for me.

Air France was hilarious. The website didn't work properly for at least five months - you had to ring them up to book. We had some ridiculously cheap flights as a result. Then, when you got there, the kiosks never worked, so they would station very charming French staff next to each one with a printout of the passenger manifest, who would tick you off and sort out your paperwork. Fortunately this didn't take long as the plane was rarely more than a quarter full. We knew it couldn't last! I was hoping they'd be back though.
latest report
Arno, they did a route swap with BA when they were both in One World
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy