Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best value season passes

Poster: A snowHead
We're not going to be able to get out for the whole season again for a good few years but after a long time of thinking about it we're going to get out boarding in our campervan and hope to get at least 4 weeks in, which makes it worth considering a season pass...especially if you can get hefty discounts for buying it early.

I thought it might be handy to have a thread with bargain season pass deals so to start the ball rolling I'll chuck this in - Grand Massif ski area is selling lift passes for 419 euro if bought before 15th December. That's a healthy half price!

Anyone else know of any cheap deals or unadvertised deals that only resort-regulars know about?!
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
paulbeard,

Valloire -

We have friends with an apartment there and they get incredible value for a season lift pass (If bought on line between 15th September and 15th November) with the price being 199 euros!!!

Go to www.valloire.com to check it out if you have trouble believing it!!

There is a discounted price for our resort in Le Grand Bornand but the best one I know of is at Valloire.

Loatie
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Mont Blanc Unlimited 2010 winter is €1250 early discount 40% so €750
Chamonix le Pass 2010 winter is €735 early discount 35% so €477.75

Purchases to be made by end of November. I think release of passes start late October.
You can get a resident discount on top of this, not sure if you can get a couple discount as well.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Breckenridge pass bought in Sept (good for Breck, A Basin, Keystone, Beaver & Vail) is IRO $300, BUT the first one has to be bought in person at the offices (after that you can renew on internet).

disclaimer - this info was true when we did it 4 years ago Very Happy
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulbeard,
I know this is not going to compete for the cheapest but these are the prices for Alpe d'Huez if bought before 16/11 :-
adult €700 child €510 This equates to a break even point of about 3 trips of 10 days each. It would be interesting, if someone had the time to actually compare all these passes and take into account things like km of piste etc. For example the Alpe d'Huez pass is an annual pass for 300+ km of piste, not just the winter season, but the summer season is only 3 months with lifts completely closed from end April to end June and from end August to first week in December, except for October half term where there it is possible to access the glacier sometimes. This is vastly different to Tignes, or presumably Les Deux Alpes, where the glaciers are accessible for much longer periods I believe. The Alpe d'Huez pass does include free access to the sports centre, swimming pools and ice rink though as well as some access to other resorts, 10 days in Les Deux alpes, 3 days in serre Chevalier, 3 days in Puy Saint Vincent, 3 days in the Milky Way area, 6 days in Bormio and unlimited access to Alpe du Grand Serre (small resort by Grenoble).
I have to say the valloire one sounds so cheap you would have to have it.
For someone who has a place in a resort or visits regularly the big, big advantage is being able to get there and get straight out. no faffing in with photos and lift pass offices etc. That alone is worth a lot to anybody who wants to use 100% of their time skiing.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Serre Chevalier pass is €596 if bought before the 1st Dec, a 25% reduction on the normal price, with a free summer lift pass (no skiing), if bought before the 1st November. Includes 3 days at Alpe d'Huez, Montgenvre, Puy St Vincent, Les Deux Alpes, and 6 days at Courmayeur.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
If you consider what you get for a Paradiski pass, in terms of value it must be up there with the best Very Happy
Complete access to two of France's biggest resorts La Plagne and Les Arcs and all their associated villages and hamlets. All the shuttle busses in both resorts all the ski lifts including the Vanoise Express and all the pedestrian lifts. Access to two glaciers and of course access to some of the best off piste in the Alps including the North Face of Bellecote Very Happy
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Les Gets/Morzine pass is €299 for the season if bought before 15 December whilst the Port Des Soleil pass is a bit of an eye watering €760. Not sure if you get a discount on the PDS pass if bought early however.

I have plumped for the Les Gets/Morzine pass this season and will buy the odd day if I want to venture further afield.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Boredsurfing wrote:
If you consider what you get for a Paradiski pass, in terms of value it must be up there with the best Very Happy
Complete access to two of France's biggest resorts La Plagne and Les Arcs and all their associated villages and hamlets. All the shuttle busses in both resorts all the ski lifts including the Vanoise Express and all the pedestrian lifts. Access to two glaciers and of course access to some of the best off piste in the Alps including the North Face of Bellecote Very Happy

How much is the season pass for Paradiski?

And what discounts are available?
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
i'm still debating whether or not to get the paradiski pass or just the les arcs / peisley pass.

I mean am i likely to venture into la plange that often during a season to warrent the 200 extra euros i'd have to spend on a pass?

paradiski is €958
les arcs / peisley/vallendry is €740

as to the discounts i have no idea
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
WesTaylor wrote:

Could I suggest you find out? They make a massive difference and could easily affect your decision on which pass to buy.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
This site rocks....posted a question 2 hours ago & already lots of input. Good work...

That Valloir pass certainly takes some beating - anyone know what the resort is like? For that price there's always scope to pop round the corner to the three valleys or the Bourg resorts for a bit of variety...

WesTaylor wrote:
i'm still debating whether or not to get the paradiski pass or just the les arcs / peisley pass.

I mean am i likely to venture into la plange that often during a season to warrent the 200 extra euros i'd have to spend on a pass?

I did 2/3 of a season in Les Arc a couple of years ago and never got over to La Plagne...You can always upgrade for day trips so I doubt you'd get your 200 euro's back. You've plenty to get your teeth into on the Les Arcs side.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Looking at the prices above it is quickly becoming obvious how expensive Chamonix passes are Shocked .

The MBU season pass has gone up nearly 20% this year, although the early payment discount has gone up as well so that helps.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
garyscott20 wrote:
Les Gets/Morzine pass is €299 for the season if bought before 15 December whilst the Port Des Soleil pass is a bit of an eye watering €760. Not sure if you get a discount on the PDS pass if bought early however.

I have plumped for the Les Gets/Morzine pass this season and will buy the odd day if I want to venture further afield.

Thats good value, plenty of hill in those two areas. Morzine's pretty campervan friendly as well...Any idea what the daily upgrade rate is for PDS or just Avoriz?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
loatie wrote:
paulbeard,

Valloire -

We have friends with an apartment there and they get incredible value for a season lift pass (If bought on line between 15th September and 15th November) with the price being 199 euros!!!
Loatie

Loatie, cheers for reponce - first reply & I think you win the prize...! What do your friends make of the skiing on offer, enough to occupy 4 weeks or so?

Cheers, Paul

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Fri 25-09-09 10:18; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
WesTaylor wrote:

From memory i think its just half price day passes at La Rosierre & St Foy...can't remember if you get a discount a Espace Killy but I think you did??
ski holidays
paulbeard wrote:
For that price there's always scope to pop round the corner to the three valleys or the Bourg resorts for a bit of variety...

If you're in Valloire, don't forget to can access the three valleys via Orelle, rather than driving all the way round
ski holidays
marcellus, Paradiski passes are available at varying levels of discount but only through associations, clubs, or permanent residency.
Suffice to say I will be skiing for only 4 weeks this coming season but will be buying an Annual Paradiski pass for my family.

Last edited by Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see? on Fri 25-09-09 10:38; edited 1 time in total
snow report
paulbeard, Valloire is a nice place to ski and good value
Valfrejus has some really good skiing, is closer to Orelle for the 3v if you want to do it and the season,lift pass if bought before mid december is a ridiculously cheap. €171.

http://www.valfrejus.com/index.jsp?c=63659&exp=63659
snow report
paulbeard,
I know - this site's great isn't it?!! wink

It's always a bit difficult to voice an opinion on a particular resort when everyone is looking for different things - horses for courses etc etc but having said that we have stayed in Valloire once and found it to be a good area to ski. From memory it is linked in to Valmeinier (sp?) which adds more mileage. We are going back with our friends again in March. Obviously, having an apartment there, our friends ski there often (probably a good 4 weeks or so each season) and don't seem to lack for new challenges. As you say, there are other destinations within an easy drive and with the season lift price pass at Valloire being so reasonable you probably wouldn't mind paying for a few days here and there in a different resort if necessary. I also seem to recall that not only are the 3 valleys within reach but also an Italian resort called Bardoneccia is less than an hour away and my OH and our friends had a good day out there.

I think there is a snowHead who has a place in Valloire so will prob be along shortly to answer your question more fully!

Hope this helps
Loatie
ski holidays
I bought a Squaw Valley season pass (blacked out for peak Saturdays & a couple of holidays) for £250 earlier this year. Worth it for just a 10 day holiday

...but then N America is too expensive for lift passes isn't it? wink
snow report
paulbeard,

By the way if you decide that Valloire or Valfrejus are possibilities another point worth considering is that for around €85 you can buy a Maurienne pass which lets you ski any five days of the season in different resorts in the valley. There is a supplement though for the Orelle/ Val T area. Did this last season and had a great holiday.
snow report
Boredsurfing wrote:
marcellus or permanent residency

that one's been ruled out by the EU to the point that non residents must be offerred the same discounts as residents now...........
snow report
I'm gonna have a season pass for Saas Fee this season as i've sorted a job there.
I see that on their 6 day to 21 day passes you get a day at Zermatt.
Does anybody know if you get any days there or anywhere else with their annual pass?
snow conditions
Patch & T bar, Damn I'd forgotten about Orelle...doesn't that drop into the 4th valley...? very handy for a couple of my favorite off piste runs! This is all fitting together nicely Madeye-Smiley

And cheers again Loatie I hear you on the resort rating deal...I'll check out the italian place - did you need to go through the tunnel to get there? Also fancied trying out Mont Cenis lifts after passing through the area on a summer trip to Italy a few years ago...
ski holidays
marcellus wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

that one's been ruled out by the EU to the point that non residents must be offerred the same discounts as residents now...........

Don't think thats true, there's nothing to stop an organisation offering discounts to people who live in the local area, this is a different issue to say offering the French a discount but not the Dutch.
ski holidays
marcellus wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

Yes, I dont think residents can get discounts simply by living in the area.

Last edited by And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports. on Fri 25-09-09 11:05; edited 1 time in total
snow report
fastandicy wrote:
I'm gonna have a season pass for Saas Fee this season as i've sorted a job there.
I see that on their 6 day to 21 day passes you get a day at Zermatt.
Does anybody know if you get any days there or anywhere else with their annual pass?

MBU covers all of Chamonix area (hopefully including Les Houche this year) plus Courmayeur & Verbier and last year I had vouchers for free days at 3 or 4 other local'ish resorts.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
T Bar wrote:
paulbeard,

By the way if you decide that Valloire or Valfrejus are possibilities another point worth considering is that for around €85 you can buy a Maurienne pass which lets you ski any five days of the season in different resorts in the valley. There is a supplement though for the Orelle/ Val T area. Did this last season and had a great holiday.

Handy! We're mobile so perfect really...Nice tip, thanks again T bar

...again, loving the responces here - and liking the stateside options, just could be tricky driving the van over there Smile

Last edited by You know it makes sense. on Fri 25-09-09 11:16; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
marcellus wrote:
Boredsurfing wrote:

I'm sure davidof was of the same opinion last year. I was even told to take my taxe d' habitation bill to the lift pass office to get a residents pass, but we definitely didn't qualify wwhen I asked about it. We now have an Ambassador program in Serre Che for second home owners, but they didn't send me the info last winter, so I haven't had confirmation fo what benefits we , or our guests, will receive.
latest report
paulbeard,
Orelle is the staton at the botttom of the fourth valley. Skiing starts at the top of the long gondola from Orelle.
Val Cenis is a great area and on the Maurienne pass, there are masses of excellent small resorts in the area.
You WOuld have to go through the Frejus tunnel to ski Bardoneccia. Though I believe you can get to it off piste from the Valfrejus area which is above the Frejus tunnel, don't know how you would gt back though. The tunnel itself is not cheap.
snow report
About 40€ return, provided you do so in 7 days. 32€ per single trip.
ski holidays
WesTaylor wrote:

I did 2/3 of a season in Les Arc a couple of years ago and never got over to La Plagne...You can always upgrade for day trips so I doubt you'd get your 200 euro's back. You've plenty to get your teeth into on the Les Arcs side.[/quote]

I did a full season last year (not working) and probably skied no more than 20 days in la plagne. When mates came out to stay we'd always spend one day doing a trip round la plagne just for some variety / show them the other domain. Plus I had a few goes at the Villaroger-Montalbert challenge which was good fun. Most resort workers (even those in Peisey-Vallandry) only had Les Arcs passes (apart from Ski Beat) so going to la plagne was a bit of a billy no-mates option. If you're going to be doing some kind of work then it's probably not worth it.

as Boredusrfin has said - discounts only available to residents, workers or similar.
snow report
midgetbiker, Sorry matey. What's MBU? DO i have to pay extra for that?
And yes, i am aware that i'm probably coming across as a total moron with these questions but having skied almost exclusively in France and austria i'm not really up on the Swiss stuff.
snow conditions
fastandicy, MBU is the dearer of the 2 Chamonix area passes.

It wasn't something i tought you would be considering buying, just a comparison of what you get incuded on other area season passes.

Maybe I'm just helping to justify to myself the cash I'm going to blow again this season, as this thread is making it obvious how dear the MBU is even with an early buyer discount.
snow conditions
bertie bassett, I read Boredsurfing's post as in support of marcellus's, ie no discount for simply being a resident.

My advice from the office of CdeMB last year though was - go to the local Marie, prove you own local property, get a locals ID card, get discounts on various things including lift passes.
latest report
Mont Blanc Evasion is a good pass - covers Megeve, Les Contamine, Combloux and various others. don't know the cost though. Our Espace Diamant season pass will be 345 euros before the end of November.
snow conditions
garyscott20, Bear in mind however that there is no extention pass available. i.e it is 40 euros for a PDS pass on top of the 299 (I'm sure this was 250 last year). I fould that most of the people I was skiing with had PDS passes so cost me more in the long run.

Andy
ski holidays
Helen Beaumont, Yes Taxe D'habittation (SP? does get you very cheap lift passes I think I remembered adullt courchevel passes for 150 €. May be different region to region but certainly in the 3V it works.

Andy
snow report
anderoo wrote:
garyscott20, Bear in mind however that there is no extention pass available. i.e it is 40 euros for a PDS pass on top of the 299 (I'm sure this was 250 last year). I fould that most of the people I was skiing with had PDS passes so cost me more in the long run.

Andy

Yeah that's not good...this was going to be my second choice as we've stayed & boarded all over PDS, but last time we were there we didn't do much the morzine/les gets side so I was happy we'd keep ourselves occupied with just the odd trip over avoriaz & beyond - though that is the best part of PDS...40euro's a shot certainly makes that less of a regular option though...

...and whilst its great to hook up with people in resort we're not going to be season workers so alas there's less chance of us having lots of buddies to wave goodbye to as they disapeer up Super Morzine Sad Laughing
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy