Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Mittens with fingers inside

Poster: A snowHead
do you know what I mean?

I really don't like mittens but I saw some a while back that had fleece fingers inside the mittens and I suspect they would be very warm because of the mitten round them to trap the air. Anyone tried them or know who makes them? looking for a small/med ladies

thanks
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
holidayloverxx, yes, know exactly what you mean - I've got some, which are very nice. T K Maxx.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
pam w, what make are they?
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Just been thinking about that - Millet, I think (they're in France, so I can't check).
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I've got some trespass ones that came from TK Maxx
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
holidayloverxx, I've got some Hestra one's, very warm.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Mrs NBT has some, they're by Swany which is a canadian brand - you can get them in almost every ski shop in every canadian resort I've ever been to. Have seen the odd pair in TKMaxx too
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Grenade do a couple of styles with such a set-up.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Thanks all, I'll keep my eyes peeled. (I've got a pair of swany gloves I picked up in canada but my finger ends get really cold)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
holidayloverxx, my wife uses North Face ones - has two pairs. Swears by them, using liners if it is below -10. Looking at the website - might be the Montana.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
stoatsbrother, the ones I saw, the fleece fingers weren't a separate liner, I use thermal liners now and the hand heaters when it's really cold (-25+ in big white this year), still what I'm looking for seems be widely availble
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
holidayloverxx, I have some Reusch mittens with fingers inside.

Two pairs in fact - one pair bought over 15 years ago in Stowe VT when I was in desperation over cold hands and they are so old and scruffy now, stuck together with various bits of tape. I have had other gloves and mittens since but never as good. Spoke to Reusch a couple of years ago and eventually bought what I was assured were the best they did, for minus lots of degrees, but although good not up to this 15 year old pair sadly. They are pretty efficient though.

I do have some of the handwarmer sachets which I have occasionally used, but only when in Vermont, as never seem to get quite as cold as that in Europe. Also generally have some silk lining gloves when it is chilly.

We have also acquired some wrist bands which you put on half an hour before venturing out and they are supposed to keep your hands warm. I think they work... but never remember to use them for enough days to be sure, but we bought them really for our son's girlfriend and she seems to think they are good.

Good luck with the search.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have some Trespass ones too - got them at the Trespass shop in MK a few weeks ago. Haven't tried them in anger (only MK & Hemel) but I like them so far Smile
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
holidaylover, No - I didn't explain that well. These are Mitts with padding but glove finger divisions internally... No separate liners included.

Then she will use additional smartwool liners inside them if it is really cold.

My hands get so warm I often just wear smartwool liners or fleece gloves until it gets very cold. Blush
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
You can buy any mittens, plus a pair of silk liner gloves (they're cheap on ebay). The advantage of this is that you can wash the liners when they get a bit grubby, and not have to put the whole glove in the washer. I used to wonder why it was that feet got cheesy, but hands didn't. Then I started wearing ski gloves all day long and realised that they do... Very Happy
snow report
Black Diamond do mitts like that but they're a bit too warm for most things really. I'd really recommend the liner approach, it's great to be able to wash them and your hands stay warm when you need to get them out. I have thin wool rather than silk but either's good. try not to get black as they're easy to lose!
latest report
stoatsbrother, Aha - that sounds like the thing.

Pamski, That's why I boutght swany gloves. me "what's the warmest pair of gloves I can get (read in the shop). Shop "These toasty warm swany gloves". Hands over many dollars and still have cold fingers Sad

Chamcham, firebug, I have thermal and silk liners so my gloves don't get too cheesy wink . I've set my heart on this mitten/glove affair and it looks as though they are readily available

thanks again to all Very Happy
snow report
I bought some mittens with fleece fingered gloves inside. They were not very warm at all! Perhaps it was just the model of glove that wasn't the best ever designed.

I prefer to use normal gloves with silk glove liners which I find much warmer than if the gloves are worn without the glove liners. The silk glove liners seem to wick the moisture away from my skin so my hands stay much warmer. Fleece lines although thicker aren't half as effective.
latest report
I've a pair for really cold days, made by Tog24 so British and cheap. They're actually a full polartec fleece glove attached to the outer goretex mitt shell by a couple of velcro strips.

I got them for about £40 I think.
snow conditions
holidayloverxx, well if you really get cold hands this is what I have
http://www.blackdiamondequipment.com/en-us/shop/mountain/gloves/women-s-mercury-mitt
though looking at it perhaps it's only the index finger that has the extra....
Anyway they are absolutely roasting. Smile
latest report
More thanks to all.

I'm not keen on liners in mittens cos i've only got smallish hand and when I grip something my fingers curl up but the mitten don't, hence liking the idea that the fleece fingers are part of the mitten.

At least I get to buy some new kit this season snowHead
ski holidays
holidayloverxx, My wife got hers in Tackymax as well, we didn't even know they made such things until she tried them on .
latest report
holidayloverxx, HI - I have got some very nice RipCurl ones, which TBH are way too toasty for me, but they look really cool, have got a little snow-Wipey thing for your goggles on the thumb and all the requisite drawstrings, toggles etc. They were about 45 Euro a few years ago now. Rarely wear them as I have opposite problem - my hands get way too hot.

I have had a look on the ripcurl website but they don't have any on at the moment.
snow conditions
Burton usually have some - as do Marmot and North Face. But I'm going to splash out and buy Hestra gloves this year.
snow report
saw some in TKMaxx today but only had inside index finger - me no like. I'll keep looking
snow report
Chamcham wrote:
You can buy any mittens, plus a pair of silk liner gloves (they're cheap on ebay).

That doesn't work (for me, anyway) because the liner is not attached to the mittens, so the mitten does not move along with your fingers when gripping. Using plain mittens I get cramp in my hands, which is why I always hated them. Two years ago I got some mittens with internal stitched fingers and they are brilliant.
ski holidays
davehk, yep, that's what I said.
snow report
I bought mittens after borrowing a pair of my friends, as my hands were cold in my gloves. Would never have though t of buying them before, but now don't use anything else. I can't think of time I've ever had cold fingers since, infact most of the time I don't even bother with the liners.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy