Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Puy Saint Vincent!

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Paying a visit tp PSV - anybody got any tips, or where to head for the POW in this area?
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Only been there for a day and stuck to the pistes. Plenty of nice tree skiing if the snow is good. Looks like lots of steep off piste off the top into the next bowl but it probably would need a taxi back. They are meant to be building a new chair from la balme which would make the off piste on that side easier to access. Not sure if its being built for the coming season though. I think I had read somewhere that there is some mellow off piste on the skier's right of the resort out towards Tournoux. I think it would be easy to get lost though!

Pelvoux-Vallouise is just a little up the road and I think is on the same ski pass and you get a day or two at serre chevalier too.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
We spent a day there when we were staying at Montgenevre.
here is a piste map. When we went the main face where all the lifts are had been blasted by the wind and was all crust (the same was true of most of Serre Chevalier). Our guide took us over into the next valley (Vallon de Narreyroux - on the right on the map)where the snow was better (powder in the gullys), and down along the bottom of it to the trees and 2 buildings. There we put on skins and climbed up to our left through trees to the ridge (right side of valley on map) and along the ridge to the tree line (took an hour and a bit). We then skied down in powder, mostly through trees into the Vallon d'Entraigues. From there we skated down along the path along the edge of the river till we hit houses. turning left we followed the cross country track to a lovely old village (must be Le Villard - I can't see another name on the map, where Luc Alphond the racer and his brother had set up a bar (there may have been rooms as well) with a micro brewery making REALLY good beers. Very well worth a visit, that bar. While we drank our guide hitched back to get his van. The trip was hard work but wonderful.
I don't know if this is any use to you (it looks as though you can get around to Puy again from that first valley - though I could be wrong. But really I think you would need a guide.
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
thebrownslug, I have been to PSV five or six times and if it snows whilst you are there you will be guaranteed POW and depending on when you go you will probably have very little competition for lines.The bowl above 2000m is a good lift served area which gets skied out a bit quicker.The trees to the left of the Rocher Noir drag lift are fantastic in powder conditions,just take a left after getting off the lift and follow fall line of the lift ,you can do loops of this and ski a different line everytime. Very Happy It is little used as the Rocher Noir drag lift is 60 degrees in places and PSV doesnt attract enough brave souls to use it.
The trees above the village between 1850 and 2000m provide endless lines for powder enjoyment and it is never far from the nearest piste so you can jump in and go for it and never get too lost.
All in all its a great little resort with a great variety of skiing difficulty,something for everyone.The pistes are varied interesting and challenging depending on your level. Bois du coq is a lovely undulating sheltered piste and quieter on that side of the mountain.La Draille is another lovely red it always has the best snow.
Be sure to find the route through the tress off piste (Hang a right off Les Cretes piste into the woods) to the little wooden walkers hut for a nice hot chocolate (not sure of the name).
A great little resort small in km but hugely rewarding in variety of terrain,good snow conditions and reasonable prices too snowHead
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Good Int - thanks. I hate wasting a day scraping around, I will save the guide for when I visit La Grave, up the Rd.
I hear that it is V quiet at night! any views?
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thebrownslug wrote:
Good Int - thanks. I hate wasting a day scraping around, I will save the guide for when I visit La Grave, up the Rd.
I hear that it is V quiet at night! any views?

La Grave is on the PSV 6 day or more lift pass.

Yes it is very quiet at night but has a good atmosphere, there are a handful of bars/restaurants and they are all very friendly, we spent most of our time in the Petit Chamois which is the Snowbizz hangout, there is also a sports bar with big screen tv for any live sport which may be on, Hubby had an enjoyable time there watching the England v. France rugby last March Toofy Grin

It is small and quiet but is a smashing place, we are trying to work out when we can go back next season snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I loved Puy St Vincent, I've only been there once but it's definitely on my list of must go back to resorts. I wrote a blog post on Puy, more about the generic ski holiday than the skiing, but some may find it useful http://bit.ly/gv061
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Quote:

La Grave is on the PSV 6 day or more lift pass.

You used to get a better reduction with on theL Grave lift pass with a guide than with the other local reductions. I don't know if this is still the case.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
La Grave is not on the Serre Chevalier pass though, I wonder if that will change now Compagnie des Alpes own LDA lifts too.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
There's lifts you can't take a snowboard on. Stuck up arseholes. Off the back looks good but steep, definite avvy terrain so be careful if you head that way. Not sure how easy it'd be to get back to resort: you might have to dump a car and shuttle or take a cab.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
hedley wrote:
the Rocher Noir drag lift is 60 degrees in places and PSV doesnt attract enough brave souls to use it.

I think you must mean 60% which is 31º and is very, very steep for a drag. (60º the snow would barely stick on the slope!)
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Happy days, I am driving down Christmas and NY , I was starting to doubt my decision, but as I first thought It will offer loads of options.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
snowball, I stand corrected. It is pretty steep though wink
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

There's lifts you can't take a snowboard on stuck up a*seholes.

I should think not; sounds like a very uncomfortable ride. Shocked
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy