Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Does anybody feel confident in booking with Easyjet?

Poster: A snowHead
Personally, I didn't want to run the risk of cancelled flights, so the 3 planned trips for next winter will all be by car.

Only my autumn trip will be with Easyjet, as AFAIK they won't be withdrawing any flights before December.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I don't feel confident and would not book early just in case, then again I don't really book early anyway. For Geneva I'd rather go Swiss from London City
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
No. I have booked with bmi baby for one Switzerland trip - and will book again with them for another one coming up - or just maybe with Swiss.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Hmm. Worrying, isn't it? I've booked flights for family members joining us for Christmas, and am keeping fingers crossed. We always go by car anyway because we go for too long to make car hire economical - and anyway we always seem to have loads of junk to take out with us.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
With the dropping of ski routes and even increasing costs for taking skis and gear I think more and more people will be driving.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
narc wrote:
With the dropping of ski routes and even increasing costs for taking skis and gear I think more and more people will be driving.

We are, for our Christmas/New Year trip. Flights and car hire prices bth seemed to be up a lot from the same time last year, whereas Eurotunnel was a bit cheaper.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, you have to wait 15 mins before trying to log on again
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Hmm again. easyJet link for managing bookings (something I've done regularly for 10 years at least) is not letting me in. Very suspicious. Will try again later.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
rob@rar wrote:
narc wrote:

We are, for our Christmas/New Year trip. Flights and car hire prices bth seemed to be up a lot from the same time last year, whereas Eurotunnel was a bit cheaper.

Cost for the usual vehicle I hire was £100 a week more for next winter. Another deciding factor.
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've booked with Easyjet going to Geneva.

We are going out from Liverpool so I'm hoping it shouldn't be affected.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Fly a high volume route at a popular time/day then I can't see why its an issue? Fly from a regional airport and pick a Tuesday evening departure say & maybe you're at a bit more risk - but what's the real risk if your alternative is to drive instead?
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
What's up with easyjet, are they in trouble?
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I've got 4 flights with Easyjet this year, all flying out from Manchester. Never considered they might cancel them.
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
fatbob wrote:
Fly a high volume route at a popular time/day then I can't see why its an issue?

I quite agree - why would Easyjet cut profitable routes? Sure they may drop some of the more obscure destinations for cost cutting reasons ( - how many people are flying from Luton to Sardinia or Manchester to Corsica in the winter?) but why would they ditch say Luton to Geneva in the winter when the flights are booked up?
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Is there some new news I've missed? I know about them cutting their East Midlands operations but that's been well publicised so we've planned around it this year with friends using EMA. I'm flying with them in March from Gatwick to Geneva and have used them a fair few times before, so yes, I guess I do feel confident booking with Easyjet! Smile

Edit: I see, they've withdrawn Bristol - Venice. But no, am still confident for the reasons others have given, i.e. I only use routes that are busy so don't feel they would be withdrawing my flights.
ski holidays
mfj197 wrote:
Is there some new news I've missed?

Apparenlty.

Quote:
I only use routes that are busy so don't feel they would be withdrawing my flights.

Follow the link above.

Quote:
Luton is one of Easyjet's largest bases, flying 4.7 million passengers a year. ....Easjyet says passengers flying in and out of Luton "will be advised" if their flights are affected.

A few days ago, Simon Calder pointed out that you can still book tickets on flights that could well be affected.
snow conditions
i cannot see easy jet pulling luton-geneva flights before the end of march it is probably their busiest route that time of year. As far as i know they only plan to cut back on non-profitable routes and luton-geneva does not fall into that catagory.

Well they better not 10 of us flying Luton - Geneva on Jan 7th !! snowHead
ski holidays
achilles, thanks. Interesting link. I wonder how much of it is Easyjet making noise and rattling its cage a bit to try and secure lower landing charges at Luton. Some other friends of ours are flying out from Luton 26 Dec to 1 Jan so will keep a watching brief!
latest report
flying to munich with them in January, from Stansted.. I am not worried but maybe I am a fool.
For those that could drive instead, it is defo worth taking the risk... The worst will be having to pay a ferry/shuttle ticket which cost will be similar to the flight or much less..
snow conditions
dlawless wrote:
.... As far as i know they only plan to cut back on non-profitable routes and luton-geneva does not fall into that catagory.

Follow the link I posted above.

Quote:
It plans to cut flights by up to 20% at Luton, and relocate them to more profitable bases in continental Europe.

Quote:
Well they better not 10 of us flying Luton - Geneva on Jan 7th !! snowHead

Looks like you have an 80% chance of getting away with it - maybe better if easyJet is just cage-rattling, as mfj197 hints. Good luck.
ski holidays
I have travelled with easyjet from Liverpool a few times in the last two years. Flights always rammed with the usual sprint to get to the best seats. If they are cutting flights its not going to be from Liverpool.
latest report
my flights still look OK but I am going to check periodically. I don't think anything is certain these days.
snow conditions
Just about to book them for a March trip out of Liverpool, paying on credit card so at least the brass is safe.
snow conditions
achilles wrote:
mfj197 wrote:
Is there some new news I've missed?

Apparenlty.

achilles, from that link above it says:
Quote:
The airline said it would consult on a reduction of the number of flight crews at its bases in Belfast, Bristol, Newcastle and London Stansted
As far as I'm aware, it's because these bases are over crewed for the winter season. As with other airlines, easyJet now recruits seasonally. It doesn't necessarily mean that they may be closing the bases.

I know that Gatwick has reduced the crew for the winter, and will be reducing the aircraft by four. (Not too bad, considering that we've had about 40 there for the summer!) Next summer, we're apparently having an additional four aircraft on top of this summers fleet.

The aircraft are constantly full, and it really does feel as if the summer holidays are still in full flow Confused

Personally, I think this scaremongering is just that.
ski holidays
Alot of it also seems to be down to easyjet trying to get airports to lower the charges by threatening to reduce flights.

But yeah lots of it seems to be seasonal..but conversely say from Bristol flights to GVA increase in the winter, and come summer they reduce
snow conditions
papasmurf, all the GVA flights increase in the winter - in fact we do more than just Swiss rescue flights in the winter Twisted Evil
ski holidays
yeah thats the point i was making some destinations increase in winter and some decrease. Its not as if easyjet are going to be moth balling planes, just moving capacity around to more profitable routes.
snow report
Would have thought anything to GVA would be more secure than random extraneous destinations, since it's one of their major hubs, but then we're talking about no-frill airlines here so they could either be genuinely consolidating routes, or virtually blackmailing airports into giving them preferential landing fees etc. or trying to induce concern thereby making people fly with a competitor on their loss-making routes (especially with the loss leader special offers).
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Michelle,
Quote:

Personally, I think this scaremongering is just that

Or a case of saying things to keep the stock market / investors happy giving the impression the business is lean and mean Laughing
latest report
Late evening flights back from places like Geneva and Zurich seem to only be EasJet, so though I'm worried they still have an edge if you want to ski through your last day. Mind you, I booked long ago - not sure what I would do now.
snow report
Mosha Marc wrote:
Just about to book them for a March trip out of Liverpool, paying on credit card so at least the brass is safe.

If the oneway cost of your flight is under £100, then you will not be covered.
snow conditions
I'm not too concerned that easyJet might cancel major routes - but I do think it's awful not to inform people as soon as they know a flight is being cancelled.
Quote:

good point.
snow report
pam w wrote:
I'm not too concerned that easyJet might cancel major routes - but I do think it's awful not to inform people as soon as they know a flight is being cancelled.
Quote:

good point.

One thing's for sure if you leave it to the last minute rather than booking now it's more likely they will pull flights!
Full planes usually harder to cancel...
latest report
pam w, I heard that Esayjet are in discussions with Unions re staffing futures.

So:

While redundancies / relocations / reallocations are under consideration, during the "consultation period" no operational decisions can be taken that assume the outcome of said discussions, one way or another - that's true across all industries in the UK.

Therefore, until the end of the consultation period no cancellations can be officially made. And therefore cannot be officially announced.

Neither can they change routes or stop selling tickets for routes that may, or may not, be cancelled, on the basis of pre-judging the outcome of the consultation.

Whilst I understand the impact - indeed deal with it on a regular basis - even as a raving right winger, I agree with the principle that you cannot have management assuming the results of the consultation.
OK: most have their plans ready to run on the day the consultation period runs out, but the principle is sound.
snow report
JimW, I completely understand that. However, my point was prompted by a poster who only found out by chance that his flight had already been cancelled - without any notification having been given. He eventually telephoned them - and was told it was cancelled - but if he hadn't phoned he might not have found out for months (March flight). If that report was correct then that's extremely poor. I'm an easyJet fan - but I was shocked by that story.
ski holidays
pam w, that's a bit naughty of Easyjet - they may have decided they are going to cancel the flight if the negotiations go as they want, but they really shouldn't be announcing it to anyone, even a direct enquiry.

For if that is the case, it would appear to the world that as far as they are concerned that the redundancies are a done deal, and the changes that follow are already a fait accompli, and that consequently, the Union discussion is a sham.

Which ( no matter how much we all know it happens) is not lawful, and could get them into seriously hot water with the authorities.

They may of course argue that the two are not related, in which case I absolutely concede the point - although a smart lawyer for the disenfranchised employees could make a killing on their behalf).
snow report
pam w wrote:
JimW, However, my point was prompted by a poster who only found out by chance that his flight had already been cancelled - without any notification having been given. He eventually telephoned them - and was told it was cancelled - but if he hadn't phoned he might not have found out for months

This has happened to us with both BA and Ryanair - the latter may not surprise anyone, but the former WAS a surprise. We too only found by chance, it happened months after booking, and we had received no advice from either airline. In the case of the BA flight we were able to find flights with another airline, but for the other trip, this was impossible and the trip had to be cancelled Evil or Very Mad
ski holidays
We've now booked with them, so that extra cashflow should keep 'em going.
snow conditions
Mosha Marc, hopefully you spent big so that they can reinstate the bristol-venice flights they've just cancelled, that'd suit me nicely !!
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy