Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Science and Skiing : V 4

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone read, own or stolen this book?

I thought it might be a little interesting as a skiing physicist, hesitant about parting with my money (can't find it particularly cheap) as it might just be a pile of boring nonesense, is it worth it or does anyone have a copy they might be happy to part with for less than RRP?

Actually on that note can anyone recomend some good advanced technique and equipment tuning books or information sources? Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
dulcamara wrote:

Actually on that note can anyone recomend some good advanced technique and equipment tuning books or information sources? Madeye-Smiley

Hi dulcamara. You might want to check out my website (link at the bottom of my post). I've written a number of technical articles that you can access there for free. And if you're really keen on improving your skiing, I've also produced a comprehensive DVD instructional series that's very nuts and bolts.

Interestingly, producing basic and advanced tuning DVDs just happens to be one of the next projects I'll be undertaking.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
dulcamara, i have version III which you are welcome to borrow or buy for a beer or two snowHead .. .. it is just a collection of research papers most of which are very dry. Loads of better technical books around
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
FastMan, Looks pretty interesting, Will have to have a trawl through. stick something on this forum when you've done a ski tuning type dvd sounds interesting.

skimottaret, Well looks like i may have a lot of spare time on my hands from next week so may be around a lot more and may end up laying out cones for mr brown
in the not too distant future. So i'll have to fire a few beers your way, wont probably wouldnt want to keep it though, just interested.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
dulcamara, borrow was free buy was for a beer wink , i can bring along some of my favourite books for you to have a read over, you going to this evening on the 10th? ... my knee is still on the mend and i wont be training for a few more weeks but good to hear your working with Phil...
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
I'll try and make it on the 10th, but not working with phil just yet, but he said i could if i want....

I'm always happy to distribute beer for favours and advice Blush
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy