Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Inghams Ski Deals

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Does anyone have any experience of these packages. Accomodation is allocated on arrival and presumably in some apartments/ studios but does anyone know which ones they use and what they are like?

For the price we are not expecting very much but it would be nice to know. I am planning to go for Xmas with my four teenage sons/ daughters. wink

We have been to Tignes before and absolutely loved it
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Nippers wrote:
Does anyone have any experience of these packages. Accomodation is allocated on arrival and presumably in some apartments/ studios but does anyone know which ones they use and what they are like?

For the price we are not expecting very much but it would be nice to know. I am planning to go for Xmas with my four teenage sons/ daughters. wink

We have been to Tignes before and absolutely loved it

Never done AOA, but have spoken with plenty who have.

It's a bit like Russian Roulette. You'll either hate the place you're given, or be pleasantly surprised. I've never spoke to anyone who expected what they were given.

Travelled with Inghams many times, and on the whole they are a good company to be with. Never to Tignes though, so can only speak generally. I would imagine Inghams have quite a few places in Tignes, so the chance of someone predicting where you're going to end up are pretty slim.

If you go not expecting much, you're unlikely to be too disappointed. Enjoy it. Sorry I can't be of more help.

John.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I used AOA for my first few ski trips, which were to Austria. Usually ended up in a nice, simple boarding house with B&B.

I'm not sure what the French equivalent would be, some sort of lightly heated rabbit hutch?
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Most of the appartments in Tignes used by TO's are pretty basic anyway. ( ive tayed in Tignes 3 times )

French appartments do all tend to be basic unless you pay a premium
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thanks
At least all the apartments in Tignes are so central so we hopefully can't go far wrong - famous last words, perhaps Blush Little Angel
Its good that most people have generally good things to say about Inghams
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Nippers, we normally end up going with Inghams and they're generally fine as a company and have good accommodation. We've never done the allocation-on-arrival thing though
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Nippers, We did a last minute AOA with Inghams to Flaine a few years back after we cancelled out trip to Andorra due to lack of snow.

We were pleasently suprised with the accomodation they provided. From the information supplied, we thought we were going to be placed in the concrete 60's style apartments in the centre, but ended up in the nicer chalet style apartments in Le Hameau, Ok there was an issue that we we'd booked 2 seperate apartments, with 8 beds for the 6 of us and paid supplements for this, but ended up with 1 apartment, but the quality of the rooms couldn't be faulted. We did get a partial refund eventually.

We've never been to Tignes with them but if its cheap and the accomodation quality isn't a priority, just go with very low expectations and anything on top is a nice suprise!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Does it say which part of Tignes you'll be in? Could potentially be a small problem if you expected to be in Val Claret or Le Lac and ended up down in Les Brevieres. Particularly as its fairly early in the season so snow lower down is a bit more of a risk (Les Brevieres is at 1550m).

Then again, its only a couple of lifts up and you can ski down into Le Lac.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
There are some very basic apartments in Tignes but *most* are very well located and if you love Tignes and the price is good go for it, after all you are not going there to sit in the apartment all week.

Here is a good list of the apartments you can find in Tignes (there are loads so very difficult to guess where you might be): http://www.igluski.com/france/tignes-apartments_r1606/apa
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy