Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best apres ski venue?

Poster: A snowHead
Venue - Mooserwirt
Resort - St Anton
Reason - complete Eurocheesefest Shocked

(Admittedly I did prefer the Griabli across from Moos when The CCJ's played there as the beer and atmos was better, but sadly they no longer play as a group Sad )
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kitzloch and Niki's Stadl in Ischgl are similarly Shocked
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Venue - Chalmuns Cantina
Resort - Mos Eisley
Reason - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

Closest thing I ever found to the Trofana Alm in Ischgl........
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Venue - Icebar
Resort - Lech
Reason - Something completely indulgent about quaffing decent champers on a sunny day outside on the mountain - makes a complete change from the St Anton cheesefest
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Agree with Mooserwirt, Krazy Kangeroo was good in its day too but has been overshadowed by the mooserwirt more recently. Perhaps that's why its's been sold. Be interesting to see how they line-up against the Mooserwirt next season!

But the best party I have ever had post skiing (ie in ski boots and all the rest of the clobber) was New Year's Eve in the Tenne in Alpendorf/St Johann im Pongau. Not so Eurocheesy, just great atmosphere and decent music to dance(?) to - the question mark is really to do with can you really dance in ski boots?

wink
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

Something completely indulgent about quaffing decent champers on a sunny day outside on the mountain

Mmmm. snowHead
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
bertie bassett, The ice bar is fantastic and at complete end of spectrum from Moos. Always good to have that mix.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Merlin's Blackcomb on payday Friday when the drunk aussie female lifties start flashing their assets.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Mooserwirt - 5pm when the drinking of flugels commences Very Happy ahhh I love that place
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Cafe Christine cica 1987 Ischgl .
The Original Ischgl Apres Ski joint that unfortunatly closed down when the mass re-development of Ischgl started . The new Hotel Christine sits on the same site as the old Cafe.

St Anton old Train Station Cafe/Bar. Also closed now.
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Niki's Stadl at Ischgl. Brilliant music and atmosphere.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Been few years back, but Mo-Jo's, Whistler, is where I've spent some of my most (barely) memorable apres.

John.
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Clachaig Inn, Glencoe
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
barry, Laughing Laughing Laughing Deffo - forgotten completely due to the mists of time and alcohol!
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Don't know the name of it, but the yellow umbrella bar in Solden next to the Giggijoch lift. It was the first time I'd been to Austria skiing, and also the first time I'd seen drunken skiers still in their ski boots dancing on tables to fabulously ridiculous German cheesey music. At 4pm.
latest report
Venue - Bauer's Skialm
Location - Saalbach
Circa mid-80's

Crazy horses!
snow report
Whiskey Muhle in Soll holds many hazy memories!
ski holidays
Venue - Shaggers
Resort - Morzine
Reason - CS Gas Pistols (you had to be there)
latest report
barry wrote:
Clachaig Inn, Glencoe

Very Happy
Yep - me too. Soggy wet set of waterproofs, soggy boots, everything in ruck soaking; after a normal summer's day in Scotland
latest report
Quote:

the question mark is really to do with can you really dance in ski boots?

of course Puzzled
First time I went to Funky Chicken in St Anton for some dinner (dead reasonable curry for €Cool - ie to soak up the beer from Mooserwirt - I wondered why there were signs saying no ski boots/dancing on tables. It was only about 10pm that I then realised. One of the best apres nights ever
snow conditions
Venue - Farinet
Resort - Verbier
Reason - Crazy atmosphere, live band
ski holidays
Venue - Schatzi Bar
Resort - Ischgl
Reason - The music

edit: Reason - The table cloths

Last edited by Then you can post your own questions or snow reports... on Tue 22-09-09 17:47; edited 1 time in total
snow report
Venue- Schnaps Hans
Resort - Zell am See
Reason - 1. the view. 2. if you think the post-après-ski* descent from Mooserwirt is bad, try the black run from 2000m to the base at 900m, after a few beers and of course schnapps. Brutal. (Note: we were the only group on that run at 5.30pm, so not endangering anyone else)

(* that should be a new word)
ski holidays
TAPS - St.Anton.... It really is the best place to go when it really kicks off, Egon dishes out the free schnapps, dancing on the tables and it only closes when everyone has had enough.... Many a time I have attempted the run back to the village after 11pm.....
snow report
Venue: Hennustall
Resort: Zermatt
Reason: Good atmosphere, good music (Scenit group), drinking games aplenty and the humourous ski home!
ski holidays
Venue: Pavillion
Resort: Kitzbuhel
Reason: who doesnt love a foam party at 8pm in the evening!!

Also : Bobbys Bar - Saalbach & the Saalvenstaddl (spelling Sad aka SmellySaddle) Soll!
ski holidays
Venue: The Dublin bar and various others most Tuesdays during the season
Resort: Les Gets and sometimes Morzine
Reason: The Beer
latest report
Another vote for Ischgl. Nikkis Stadl, the Kitzloch or the Trofana Alm for the beer and cheese, and as Masmith has kindly pointed out, Schatzi bar for the tablecloths - and lovely table cloths they are too. In the Kitzloch in March I saw the biggest session I've ever witnessed. Six Danish guys in their late twenties/early thirties had as their standard round, a beer each, a bottle of vodka at a €100 a pop and a full tray of flugels and they had more than one round per evening. In between rounds they were having bottles of champagne. They were there every night and I reckon their nightly bar bill was about a €1000. God knows what it would have been in Courchevel.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Nederhuette Obergurgl. Goasstadl in Saalbach, Edelweisshuette - Obertauern, Mooserwirt (but so expensive) in St Anton, and whatever the name of the place at the bottom of the main piste in Fieberbrunn. That was just class....

Austria does Apres Ski. Nowhere else does it quite like Austria.....

I love my cheese, my euro Stimmungslieder and can't get enough of Oessi apres.
snow conditions
Guvnor wrote:

Reason - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy

In which case I give you :-

Venue: Plein Sud
Resort: Val Thorens

Late afternoon anytime during the EOSB. Madeye-Smiley Toofy Grin snowHead
ski holidays
swisssnowbunny wrote:
Venue: Hennustall
Resort: Zermatt
Reason: Good atmosphere, good music (Scenit group), drinking games aplenty and the humourous ski home!

Seconded! Fantastic place. Must get back there this season, been too long!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy