Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

KillTec G.I.G.A DX coats

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Wanted a spare, cheap but decent coat for this season and after looking around online and some shops I found this:

G.I.G.A DX - GDX RARE 5000 Red/Stone

Ratings:
5000 mm waterproof
5000 g.24hr/m2 breathable

Specs:
full taped seams
wind proof
mp3 pocket
removable hood
removable snow skirt
vents
multiple pockets
lined fleece
Very warm

The quality really impressed me so I bought it, I think it was a great buy at £48! As I have seen this for £150+

It auctually looks better and seems better quality than my Burton coat.

Anybody had or know about this brand??
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I once had Killtec sports shoes, considered them a good value alternative to megabrand stuff.

At a 5000 rating you probably won't use it for touring or for skiing in rain, but it looks a good spec for a spare jacket, and if you're happy with the look, price and fit, enjoy!
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
loffers, I use Killertec gear which I bought here in Austria. I've no problems with it at all and have found it really good quality. I've had my jacket about 4 or 5 years and it's been used day in day out for going to work as well as skiing. I just bung it and the trousers in the washing machine on the delicates cycle, hang them up to dry in the bathroom and they are as waterproof, warm and wind-proof today as they were when I first bought them. I also use a Jack Wolfskin shell and fleece jacket on warmer days and have some Spyder, SOS and Descente trousers which I interchange with my Killertec ones. I don't like wearing the same trousers each day/time I ski, especially when I'm on a multi-day trip!

I judge the gear on what it does more than anything and take advice from friends who own a ski sports shop. The worst buy I made in my life was a Killy jacket and trousers suit that fell apart before the middle of the first season and never kept me even remotely warm or dry, but the looked drop-dead gorgeous Embarassed

Sue wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
loffers, there are some good deals about if you are willing to look.

I just snagged a brand new, with all the tags and in its wrapper Keela Pinnacle Jacket for just over £30 delivered to me.

I actually bought it to complement a fairly hardcore Arcteryx Sidewinder SV which I have, and thought this would be a useful 'lighter' weather alternative. But it seems to be pretty bomb-proof too, and is high spec for that price.

The only problem is most of my ski pants are black. So if I wear the Keela jacket, (which is red), at Hemel - I keep getting asked stupid questions about where people can ski, and what's wrong with the lifts, and how much this or that is etc.

So I rarely wear it at Hemel - pity really as it's ideal (and even a blind man can tell I'm no instructor!) Sad
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
fr0sty, Keela kit is very good indeed, judging by my Munro jacket bought from admin (I don't think he's got the hang of marketing presentation yet, judging by the pic rolling eyes). Highly effective, but no good for posers, as they are also cheap. Yours looks to be an absolute steal - well done. snowHead
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles, I did take a a good look at the Munro when I was looking for some new kit a short time ago.
However, I was offered an Arcteryx Sidewinder SV, new, for £250. I couldn't really say no to that offer as the quality is excellent. I've used Arcteryx kit before for a lot of hillwalking and mountain shenanigans, and given that I already have an Eider (like them or loathe them I have no problem wth them), insulated ski jacket for lazy days pootling about, I just couldn't justify the Munro.

The Pinnacle was supposed to be a trek / hill walking option - which didnt need the ninja-esque features of the Sidewinder (e.g. stand out Recco reflector...), but when it arrived it was clearly up to a fair bit more.

I would recommend it if anyone is in the market for something like this, and can pm them the flea-bay seller I got mine from. It was one of those 'buy now or best offer' numbers, so I just chanced my arm a bit and he accepted! I cant guarantee he'll do the same for everyone (if he still has some left that is!), but you can always try.

Cheers!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy