Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Les Arcs 2000

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi there

Just booked a trip to Les Arcs 2000. Anyone got any info on bars, ease of getting about to other Arc resorts, and general feedback on decent places to play Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
We went to Arc 2000 back in 2007; it wasn't the most hectic of resorts by a long shot. I think we spent most of our apres time in the Crazy Fox, but it was relatively quiet most of the time we were there. Luckily we were in a group of 12 so there were plenty of us for company.

There's a short gondola that operates between 2000 and 1950 all day and into the evening. I much preferred 1950, its very new but all buildings are designed in a classic style to look like a traditional alpine village, and you can ski through the centre. If you saw the Top Gear challenge where Hammond raced against two skiers down to Villaroger, they started in Arc 1950.

We didn't really do too many restaurants as we were in a catered chalet but our night off was spent in a nice restaurant in 1950. There was also quite a large Irish bar (I think) in 1950, bigger than anything in 2000.

You can ski over to 1800 and 1600 but to get to them in the evenings you'd need a bus.

As for skiing, going from the top of the Aguille Rouge down to Villaroger is a must.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
for general information on the mountain and various runs etc then this report may be of interest: http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=53223
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Les Arcs 2000 is a dismal place with little to reccomend, however the skiing is excellent.

The short gondala to Les Arcs 1950 is fine, but i can't remember what time closes.

There are some bars in 1950 that are fine.

Have a great time
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I stayed in Arcs 2000 a couple of years ago (chalet) and had a great time. Our chalet was just along from the 1950-2000 gondola. There's not much there, beyond large apartment blocks, but there's a range of bars and restaurants. I don't recall it being lively by any stretch of the imagination, but I prefer a few beers in a bar anyway.

Arcs 1950 is like Disneyland, but it's quite an impressive part of the resort to ski through.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
We were in 1950 in Jan. The gondola was open untill 11 at night, but it's not a long walk to go up the piste if you're heading back later. Just don't get lost! There's a new looking complex in 2000 with 10 pin bowling, air hocky, bar, and pool and so on where we spent some evenings. If you're after lively apres ski, you'll be disappointed.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Not stayed there, but passed by and had lunch etc. Easy enough to get anywhere from there very easily.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whistlers dream great happy hour and a half, 2 bottles of anything €5, must be cheapest in the Alps. Also Snooty fox is OK. Only went to 1950 bars once thought they lacked atmosphere. The real reason to choose 2000 it is an excellent base for an excellent ski area, my favourite for family something for everyone
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel, We are staying directly above Whistlers dream in the chalet complex... very handy I say... Very Happy

ratherbewindsurfing, Thanks for the glowing report. At the end of the day, I want plenty of snow and plenty of area for it to fall on. as long as I can pick up a few beers in between and after then I will be a happy snowboarder Very Happy
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Radisson Les Arcs 1950 Apartments, Les Arcs, France -
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
Can anyone give me any help/review on apartments mentioned or any other in the resort which are worth looking at?? Its for three guys going mid jan just looking for a good hotel near local shops etc!

Thank you
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Whistlers Dream and Latino Loco I reckon, two of the best places to go for Apres ski in Arcs 2000 http://bit.ly/ET1Xt. One thing to say about getting back to resorts, is that you will need to be on a certain lift by a certain time to ensure that you can get back to your resort. End up in the wrong resort at the wrong time will cost you a pricely taxi fare!
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
liz09 wrote:
One thing to say about getting back to resorts, is that you will need to be on a certain lift by a certain time to ensure that you can get back to your resort. End up in the wrong resort at the wrong time will cost you a pricely taxi fare!

I wouldn't stress so much there's courtesy buses between 1600/1800 and 1950/2000 so even if you don't make a linking lift it's not that hard to get home!

It's a touch harder if you end up in vallandry or plan-peisey and are staying in one of the main les arcs resorts, buy you can walk to 1800 from Vallandry (albeit taking 30 odd minutes and a little uphill) and then you could bus back to wherever.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
stubu1980 wrote:
Radisson Les Arcs 1950 Apartments, Les Arcs, France -
Puzzled Puzzled Puzzled
Can anyone give me any help/review on apartments mentioned or any other in the resort which are worth looking at?? Its for three guys going mid jan just looking for a good hotel near local shops etc!

Thank you

Skied - well poled actually past the front door of those appts - no idea what they're like inside but given there in 1950 then they'll be relatively new and probably pretty nice - certainly all the photos I've seen of the insides look pretty nice. Close to ski/out but poles probably required to get home - about 200 yds uphill from Marmottes & Bois De L'ours lifts and from here super easy to get all around the mountain.

1950 is a very compact village and all the shops/bars etc won't be more than a 200m walk. There's a good enough 'resort' supermarket, fresh bakery, newsagent and a reasonable number of ski kit shops etc. 1950 is trying to be positioned as upmarket so you'll find more champers in the supermarket than beers, and some of the ski shops are more fashion than ski, but a short ride up the bubble to 2000 for more real shops. Prices can be a little steep however although melli's burger and the bar next door seemed reasonable enough.

One handy tip is the supermarket is open all day - so if I wanted to go home for lunch and hadn't got something in the morning then a quick trip into 1950, ski / pole to the door of the supermarket and I could pickup anything I wanted even if my local sherpa closed at 12:30.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
bertie bassett, We shopped once in 2000 and I am still arranging the second mortgage on my house to pay the bill of. I would be terrified to book a self catering in 200 or 1950 and not have a car to take me to Bourg to do a shop. Fantastic place to stay to ski but not for shopping.
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy