Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

What resort you WANT to go back, depsite not having a good time on the first visit?

Poster: A snowHead
As a companion thread of the "what resort you will not go back", here's another list of which resort you REALLY itching to go back, despite having a less than good first visit due to: poor snow, poor timing (e.g. New Year, half term) or unforunate injury? In other words, you can see the potential of the resort for YOUR enjoyment, if only you can be there during a better timing/circumstance...

Resorts I didn't enjoy on the first visit but can see the potential for later visit: Taos, Jackson Hole. Both resorts have loads of challenging terrain. But on both, my first visit was during bad snow period. Still I could see the potential when snow is good. I went back to Taos and thoroughly enjoyed it. Would go again in a heartbeat! Haven't been back to JH yet. Just waiting for a good year and free time. Hopefully not too long a wait.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Went to Kitzbuhel in March 2008 and had a great time. However, there was no snow at resort level, so I'd love to go back and see the beautiful town all covered in a lovely white blanket. Plus it would be nice to ski the lower runs that were closed on my last visit.

I've never been to the same resort more than twice. There's all those other resorts to explore after all.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Vail. I had my worst day of the season there this year, my boots were giving me horrors and I went around with one numb foot. It was expensive and full of Hugh Heffner types with an array of vapid blondes in hilarious get-ups. But despite all of that, I want to go back and kick Vail's *rse - or at least get my money's worth next time! Blush
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Zell am Ziller.

I tore a calf muscle on my 5th run of the trip, which meant I couldn't ski at all the floowing day, and was having to ski excessively carefully for the rest of the trip to avoid doing too much more damage to it.

I still got some enjoyment from the trip, but nowhere near as much as I could have done, and would definitely like to go back.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Went to La Plagne in 2000 - about 1 hour into my boarding on the saturday afternoon spun out on some ice and cracked a rib - spent the rest of the week dropping ibuprofen to get through it. Got taken up the top of the glacier by my mates on the last day and couldn't really deal with the track required to slide away from the 2 man chair. Had a bit of a paddy.

Still went back in '03 and spent a number of days last season skiing the domain.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Kicking Horse.

Snowpack was tired and icy, and only had a couple of small flurries whilst there.

The obvious potential, with better snow/powder conditions, was pretty frustrating.

One day..............

John.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
BCjohnny, KH is great when the snow is good.

Obergurgl is one resort I have been to which I would like to see in better snow
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
bertie bassett,
Quote:

Got taken up the top of the glacier by my mates on the last day and couldn't really deal with the track required to slide away from the 2 man chair. Had a bit of a paddy.

From my experience you are not alone on that one. Last time I was up there several people were having a little paddy at various points on the track, it was like a slalom course getting round them Confused
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Chamonix..... I had a holiday there in 2000 and didn't get on with it, so despite only living 45minutes away, we've never been back to ski and really should!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Boredsurfing wrote:
bertie bassett,
Quote:

Got taken up the top of the glacier by my mates on the last day and couldn't really deal with the track required to slide away from the 2 man chair. Had a bit of a paddy.

From my experience you are not alone on that one. Last time I was up there several people were having a little paddy at various points on the track, it was like a slalom course getting round them Confused

but it's much easier now that it was in '000 - they've 'pussied it' out a lot by opening the redtrack to avoid the mogully bit...

Of course having approximately 100 days more boarding in my legs since then has nothing to do with it...
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Didn't enjoy ADH on my first visit, but I was skiing with my parents and aged 9 at the time. It lacked the nice open motorways of La Plagne or Les Arcs where I could go fast but my parents could also get down. Been back a couple of times since and it's now one of my favourite resorts.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alpe d'Huez - spent a week there, weather was rubbish, higher lifts closed all week, so couldn't do the runs I'd planned to. Broke 3 ribs and my hand on the first day.
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Kicking Horse, BC - Went for one day out of Banff and got my ar$e royally handed to me by the mountain.

First ride up, tracking over to the Crystal Bowl in near zero visability on a traverse which felt like trying to ride on a shelf with a ice wall on one side and a drop on the other. Put in a few uninspiring runs down the bowl feeling creaky after only a few days back on the board after the thick end of a year off. weather clears nicely and decide to push it at which point slam hard on a steep, twisting knee back under me in unexpected deep powder stash, had to limp off to the lodge to sulk and absorb liquid anastetics.

Somedays you're just better off staying in bed, but have vowed to return and would recommend KH to anyone. See you there BCjohnny,
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Tignes is on my list for going back to; not so much that I had a bad time, but when I went there I was in the very early stages of learning to ski whereas a lot of my friends were more advanced. As a consequence I only really covered the local runs and didn't make anywhere near as much of a dent into the whole of the Espace Killy ski area as I would have liked. And there's a really nice looking black run into Tignes le Lac which I'd love to do after completely wussing out before and getting the gondola home instead!
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Baqueira Beret - poor snow for the whole week and limited visibility for the first 2 days, dumped snow when we were leaving. Really want to go back now I can ski a bit better.

Serre Chevalier - was trying snowboarding, had an awful hotel. Would like to go back, stay up at Monetierand ski the whole week
latest report
Kitzbuhel - we stopped there (Kirchberg actually) back in 1990 during the early 90's snow droughts, was uniformly grey and b**r all snow, we were shipped to the Stubai Glacier for two days. Having been in summer I'd like to go again but always put off by the altitude and having to book in advance. One day!
latest report
Lake Louise, been to Banff several times and twice told LL was not up to snuff due to low snowpack, one of those times we still went and beat up the skis, Sunshine has pulled through although it can be quite toothy, really like to ski LL with a nice deep snow.
ski holidays
I'll go with abc, Went to JH and after the first two days of near ideal snow which I was too tired to enjoy having flown round the Pacific with a 7 month child. It then proceded to get very hot and rain all the way to the top of the mountain. When it finally snowed again I hit some ice under the new snow and went into a tree knackering my ribs and being incapable ofskiing aything more than gentle blues for the rest of the trip. Saw enough to see the skiing was good and enjoyed some of the local scenery and skidoo. Didn't have much success with the food or our accommodation both of which were well below par. WOuld love to try it agian though when I can get the time and money.
snow report
St Sorlin d'Arves. Not saying any more. Embarassed
snow report
bad_roo wrote:

she was a seasonnaire and won't be there next time, I'd expect Wink
snow report
bad_roo wrote:

Re read the genius trip report last night - any chance you can ressurect brownmonkey's drawing which seems to have gone missing?
snow conditions
stoatsbrother wrote:
BCjohnny, KH is great when the snow is good.

As all the locals kept telling me.......which was nice Laughing .

Richard Sideways someday, but it won't be with the missus, the hill was the reason she pretty much gave up skiing, and she was not that struck with Golden. I loved the place. Proper town.

PM me when the lure gets too great, and you need the ballast. wink .

John.
ski holidays
BCjohnny, Richard_Sideways, To get the best out of Kicking Horse you have to stormchase there as it deosn;t get the snowfall of a lot of interior BC IIRC e.g. roadtrip and hang out at Fernie, Revelstoke etc then get over to Golden when there is a storm coming in. Important caveat though - too big a storm can lock down the gondola due to winds so be prepared to deal with it.
snow conditions
fatbob, I'm gonna try for five or six weeks out there 2011, so I guess that's when it's going to happen. Chasing the snow.

It'd be too much to think I can do it this coming season.................

John.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy