Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: PYRENEES 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
freestyleandy,

Cheers Very Happy
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Anyone know what altitude that Arinsal cam is at? Looking pretty good Very Happy
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, Its at 1950, just in front of the ski school.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
What a rollercoaster the weather is doing in Pyrenees. Today the accuweather outlook has it to heat up over the next few days which will melt everything. Sad
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
monkey wrote:
What a rollercoaster the weather is doing in Pyrenees. Today the accuweather outlook has it to heat up over the next few days which will melt everything. Sad

Yeah, I'm really not enjoying looking at the forecasts now! Heading out to Pas on the 27th, I just hope it gets colder by then!

snow-forecast.com are still saying that it's going to be around 2 degrees over the weekend. I just hope accuweather is wrong!
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
monkey wrote:

The freezing level is due to rise, but not until after a heavy fall of snow that is forecast for tomorrow which should hopefully see another 20cm from about 1200m. The warmer weather will not clear the pistes, and colder weather is on its way back.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
monkey, welcome to snowHeads! Don't panic!
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Been snowing well on the French side - I snapped a few yesterday morning and its snowing again at the moment... Hopefully it will stay cool now, but we did't loose much as ski-resort height yesterday and the Domain is still on for opening this Weekend.

snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Garbure Thanks!!!those photos are very reassuring. Ianr1984 - i'm heading to the same area on 27th. heading to ax les thermes but if the snow there is guff pas is the backup plan. I suppose it's totally normal to have pre ski holiday snow level jitters.

I'm going to chill out for a few more weeks before i go Mad
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Bareges/La Mongie (now know also as GrandTourmalet if it wasn't confusing enough as it was...), is now open and not bad at all! Some webcams and videos on the ski resort site:
http://www.n-py.com/accueil/les-stations-n-py/domaine-du-tourmalet.aspx/
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
what date does Soldeu close next year
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
JasonW, April 25th I was told a few weeks ago, but things can change!

Quote:
what date does Soldeu close next year
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
After this Be Nice please! hot week maybe some resorts have to close til next storm....So not nice conditions, only at altitude the snow holds OK, and in the pistes some people tell me that appears stones and bare patches.... Confused Confused
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom wrote:
After this hot week maybe some resorts have to close til next storm....So not nice conditions, only at altitude the snow holds OK, and in the pistes some people tell me that appears stones and bare patches.... Confused Confused

The mild weather has certainly hit slopes lower down. Looking at the GFS and other reports it looks like we can expect another 3 or 4 days of mildish temperatures before cold air from the east hits us. This scenario is not necessarily bad, as the ground is going to be wet when the cold weather hits us which should freeze nicely.

Its too far out but fingers crossed for activity after the 15th.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
I've got my optimistic head on now. The GFS graphs are starting to look good after the 13th - All of the lines are starting to agree that it's going to get colder.

Nice and cold & plenty of precipitation.

Fingers crossed for some powder by the 27th!
snow report
Yes, next weekend can change the weather but the reality is that we lost the last storms to create a good base (maybe in the western part better than eastern) so we are another time at the start. IF only the temperatures held in a reasonable magnitude now the pyrennees give us nice descents....But, another time waiting.... Sad Sad Sad (I hope that when we return from the Alps next sunday after open the season I look things better)
ski holidays
Its been snowing on and off for the last 24 hours. At Superbagneres this afternoon there was approx 10cm of fresh with more forecast for tonight. The cannons are also running which should provide a strong base for when they open this coming weekend. The freezing level is set to remain very low for the rest of the week. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Ski Guide,

Good stuff.
ski holidays
I want to shoot the messenger!!! Mad they were predicting 40cm last week but now it has dropped to just a couple of cm. However the Alps are also suffering from the same problem.
snow report
Cold as an Eskimo's Fridge though, weekend looks good for a dump.......
ski holidays
Looks very cold at the moment, but will it be a washout next week? Sad
snow report
Still can't stop keeping my eye on the forecast all the time myself!

It's still a long way off, but looks as though Tuesday will be warm. After then, the wiggles are all over the place - so there's no idea really as to where it's going.

Off out there a week on Sunday.....I just hope that the rain stays away!
snow report
Snowing at the moment in the Central Pyrenees down to below 600m. It is not too heavy though it looks like we should have 5cm by lunch time. Local wiggles showing a big jump in temps after a very cold day tomorrow on Tuesday with a mix of rain/snow at levels below 1800 expected though still not clear.
snow report
Waiting today for next 3 days episode that can bring lots of snow. In some areas can reach about 100cm of new snow. 50-60cm as average. Hopefully it can be the real start of the season in the Pyrenees!!!!!! Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Some new pics snapped yesterday afternoon - Bareges, French Pyrenees 65120.
The beginner slopes Bareges side of the Tourmalet resort:

Coume Lounque

Coume L'ayse (top of the black run)

Looking over the plains of france:

Eric the "Bergers" Cafe near the Tourmalet Col.

The col du Tourmalet
snow report
nice. I'm going to have to give it a go one of these days ?
snow conditions
Some friends skied Ax this weekend and said it was great. Warming up a bit but some snow on the way too.
snow report
Alot of snow in Arinsal. Very drunk, good night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Still dumpin Toofy Grin
snow conditions
Any photos ?
ski holidays
and more to come..
In some areas more than 60-70cm of new snow. And still falling. Tomorrow will arrive the major front, but a little bit warmer, hoping that the snow limit level don't raise too much!! Confused Confused Confused

Then on saturday the cold air return and another front hit us, maybe it can give about 20-30cm more....
ski holidays
in garbure we trust, When do they open up the Pic du Midi? That is an incredible hill, right up there with anything else in Europe I reckon.
snow report
Its all a bit mixed at the moment. Heavy snow and high winds at both Superbagneres and Peyragudes forced the lifts to close this afternoon. The freezing level is heading skywards overnight and tomorrow but colder over the weekend. Early next week isn't looking good at all with the FL heading above 2500m.

Sad
snow conditions
Supposed to be going on day trip to Grandvalira tomorrow, but rain looks likely even at altitude. At least the hotel is close by for shelter in Arinsal.
ski holidays
Pissing with rain at 1550m. Hotel is crap and I´ve got the sh its. Merry Christmas Evil or Very Mad
latest report
johnboy, Laughing Laughing Laughing sorry mate that made me laugh, hope it gets better!!
latest report
Gsyfreerider,

Still raining, but digestive system has improved, might even chance a beer, as there is feck all else to do in this hell hole Twisted Evil
snow report
Heavy rain.
ski holidays
johnboy, heavy rain + snow up high or just top to bottom rain?
ski holidays
arv,

Top to bottom rain. Stopped at tea time. The snow has survived though Very Happy
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy