Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: PYRENEES 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
webcam El Tarter, Andorra,...

Shocked Shocked Shocked
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
This mornings ski touring pics coming in a few mins... French Pyrenees - Pic d'Ayre, Bareges.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.

And then there is still a fair bit down at the village: the Spa
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
in garbure we trust,

Excellent, what altitude are the pics at. Will the snow stick around?
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Hello johnboy,

Well I live at 1250m (Bareges village), but I went up to 2000m ish at the top. Things were light and fluffy down to about 1500m then getting heavy at village height. I expect the snow in the village will go again before winter proper kicks off (Mid December), but higher up I think its here to stay. Bareges and the Hautes Pyrenees (well all the Pyrenees), get more snow than the Alps overall due to the maritime climate, but we tend to have a more variable temperature range. So its fair to say this will stick around but hard to say how long powder conditions will remain for this drop. Also things are very dangerous out on the main moutain, it needs time to settle/freeze, I was hearing big avalanches every 10 mins, so stick to the forests (we are pretty lucky in Bareges on that front, there are not that many places with extensive/high tree skiing).
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Piau Engaly 120cm of fresh snow:

Baqueira 100cm:

snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
metalhead132, o-o-o-ooo-hhhhhhhhh!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
so

much

snow

...i am crying on the inside
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
NICE!!!!! snowHead
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Shocked rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes rolling eyes

This sunny week will be perfect to start the base consolidation.....the next one could be enough to start the season with an epic day
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I'm on the news! look at about 1min 10 secs in on this news report last night on France3. It is also a good report on the snow levels Very Happy http://jt.france3.fr/regions/popup.php?id=b31a_1920
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
in garbure we trust,
Very Happy
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
nice one ! no disrespect though but I think I've fallen for a french newsreader !! Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Woo hoo! Moving full time to Dept 65 next month. Hope we can get the removal truck up the road Very Happy
snow conditions
Stella, Cool where are you going to be?
snow report
Rob, you are a natural Very Happy

So much snow, here's hoping for a great season.
ski holidays
in garbure we trust wrote:
Stella, Cool where are you going to be?

La Mongie side but up near Tournay so I can get the leeks out the ground and still ride the motorbike in the winter.

Hoping the the house sale will go through in time to get a discounted season pass. Laughing Touch and go...
snow report
Stella, The passes are available again up to the 22nd of November I think (60€ more for a pass that includes the Pic du Midi), Tournay isnt that North of the A64?
snow conditions
in garbure we trust thanks for the pass info. We are (or will be) 15 mins south of the A64.
latest report
Grandvalira is going to open tomorrow for the weekend with limited runs, then open from 21-27th again with limited runs, before fully opening for the season on the 28th.
snow report
snowsteve,

Cool, is that alot earlier than usual? Any idea what conditions are like in Arinsal? Is there any snow in the village? We are there for Christmas. Very Happy
latest report
Arinsal is reporting around 60-80cm on the slopes now, and there was snow right down to the village, but only a little remaining now. The slopes have been groomed and more snow is forecast over the next few days.

Arcalis is reporting 100cm, and chains only for the road up.

Opening day was due to be the 28th as was Grandvalira. There's no sign of Vallnord opening early at the moment, but I guess they'll wait to see if the snow materialises over the coming days before making a decision, but things are looking good for the start of season propper, leading up to Christmas.
snow report
Actually 7,5ºC at 2300m in Arcalís!!! 11,4ºC in Grau Roig (2080m) so..........lots of melting around, it seems that this high temperatures can remain all week, Sad Sad Sad Waiting next week change (or really hoping a change Little Angel )
snow conditions
AlTom, I'm hoping you domanage to have a good start again this year. That way your brother can ski a bit at least!!
snow report
easiski wrote:
AlTom, I'm hoping you domanage to have a good start again this year. That way your brother can ski a bit at least!!

Sure....but if finally not...the alpes are only a few hours away.... rolling eyes rolling eyes

Yesterday 25ºC in Barcelona, really horrible. I
latest report
I must get a Pyrenees fix again this year. Hold it gets cold again for you guys.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
AlTom,

How's it looking now?
snow report
johnboy, I got a message from Gandvalira telling me that they have cancelled this weekend's opening, but still plan on the 27th! with what I don't know, because the webcams don't look too good rolling eyes. Fingers crossed though.
snow report
Bought 2x Tourmalet season passes today....better be good.

See it was 18 degrees at La Mongie - more Euros down the pan Crying or Very sad
snow report
johnboy wrote:
AlTom,

How's it looking now?

Still high temperatures, and no signs of change in next 3-4 days.
ski holidays
johnboy wrote:
AlTom,

How's it looking now?

The weather has been abnormally warm for the last 10 days however it does look like the temperatures are going to be nearer the seasonal norm in about 4 or so days with the chance of snow down to low levels between the 28th and the 3rd.

The weather patterns are very confusing at the moment so this could quite easily change either for the better or worse.

It has however allowed us to really work on the garden in clearing up and getting ready for the winter in earnest with new fruit bushes and trees going in for next year.

No need to panic yet - lets see how it looks in a week or so.
latest report
Ski Guide,

Yeah, Atlantic pressure chart looking better.
ski holidays
Gandvalira has now issued a new opening date for the 5th Dec, I see snow is forecast to start falling as of tonight (Sat).
snow report
Snow is falling above 1300m at the moment. Heavier snow falling in the west but colder and more snow forecast overnight and tomorrow. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
Sunday morning: Woke up to snow falling in the garden (630m), more forecast for later and tomorrow with about 20cm of new snow at 1800. Long may it continue Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
Big Dump yesterday, affecting the western Pyrenées, accumulations about 80 to 120cm of fresh snow, in this part.

In the rest of north side of the range, 40 to 50cm of fresh.
And other zones such a eastern Pyrenées, and south face, have also recieved 25-30cm at least.

Cauterets this morning:

Piau Engaly
snow report
metalhead132 wrote:

In the rest of north side of the range, 40 to 50cm of fresh.
And other zones such a eastern Pyrenées, and south face, have also received 25-30cm at least.

There is a minimum of 40cm of fresh laying at 1800 at Superbagneres and in some areas this is more like 60cm due to the accumulation of wind blown snow. On some exposed ridges the wind has blown off quite a bit. The resort is also making snow to ensure there is a decent base for the start of the season (this weekend).

The Techous Sector at Superbagneres

Getting ready for the weekend

Enjoy the season fellow "Pyreneans" Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
johnboy, go to www.vallnord.com the arinsal webcam has now been turned on Very Happy
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy