Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snow Report: PYRENEES 09/10

Poster: A snowHead
Overnight snow in the Central Pyrenees down to about 850m with 10cm having fallen at 1800. A nice crimbo pressie indeed. Very Happy Very Happy More tomorrow (possibly)!!
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sun came out yesterday, but it was very icy. Cold this morning with a dusting of snow
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
johnboy, enjoy - you fly home tomorrow ????
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Snowing in arinsal now Very Happy
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Still snowing, none stop today Very Happy
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Snowing heavily at Superbagneres and Peyragudes. Down to approx 1000m tonight. Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Smokin Joe,

Yip, some lovely skiing today. On the beer now.12blue12, Where are you staying?
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Princesa parc Very Happy Me and my 5 mates Very Happy
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
12blue12,

Cool, I am in the Crest. Might pop down to Bogarts tonight Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Lovely day in arinsal today Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
12blue12,
Back home now. Roads were very icy over the pass this morning. Check in staff at Toulouse are completley useless also!!!!!!!!!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
johnboy, was there anything good about your trip??! What do you give it out of ten for each part, flights, skiing, hotel, and apres? Laughing
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
johnboy,
Haha ohh well hope you have a good time back in where ever you live Laughing
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Gsyfreerider,

Flights: Outbound: Delayed 3 hrs on tarmac due to snow

Inbound: Delayed 2 hrs due to "The French"

Pilots were fantastic though, both times were issues beyond their control. 5/10

Skiing: 5 days of poor vis, 1 day of good vis but very icy. Limited slopes. 1/10

Hotel: The Crest is a filthy hole. 0/10

Apres: Fairly tame 5/10

Toofy Grin You gets what you pays for
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Laughing Laughing Laughing Sounds F*king brilliant where do I book??!!
snow report
Gsyfreerider,

I admit, I am being a bit flippant, and will post a more balanced report later. Conditions always play a big part in the quality of a holiday and that was really the worst bit. Any of the first timers in our hotel did have a great holiday, but then they haven't skied Courcheval, Lake Lousie and Val Gardena!!
latest report
Very variable conditions this season, freezing levels now are about 3000m, but ten days ago were at 0 meters,....it's like Roller coaster.
The total amount of snow is fairly good above 2000m; but for the piste skiing the snow is poor at the moment. It's seems that the next week the weather will improve these conditions, with snow and lower freezing levels.
latest report
Any pics of Arinsal ? Smile
ski holidays
Any pics of Arinsal ? Smile
latest report
metalhead132, I'm hoping you're right - we're off to el Tarter on 10th Jan...
snow report
Fairly heavy snow on and off in the central Pyrenees. Poor vis at times and the wind does get up but at least the temperatures have dropped. A bit of a blip early next week before the temperatures plummet. Some of the very small resorts had to close but those with the back up of snow cannons have worked hard to keep things going and certainly the piste conditions have improved significantly.

Smile Smile
ski holidays
The snow has returned, up to 40cm of fresh snow in andorra in the las 2 days, and still falling lightly this morning.
During the afternoon a new disturbance will come, and bring new snowfalls, may be 20-30cm more until monday afternoon.

The next week we expect a very cold weather with temperatures coming closer to -20 at 2500m and to -10ºc at resorts level at the end of the week.
latest report
I'm just back from a week in the Pyrenees. Boarded at Ax les Thermes and Pas de la Casa. 28th and 29th in Ax were grim. huge bald patches on most runs and slushy brown snow all around (and a bajillion beginners doing their best to scrape the snow right down to the rocks). My board ended up with some annoying battlescars just from rocks on the pistes (i wouldn't mind if they were off piste injuries!).

Drove up to Pas on 30th to find strong winds had closed much of the resort and what was left was perilous Ice. Still at least they have a decent base up there so there aren't any thin bits.

The snow arrived in Pas on the night of the 30th and dropped between 8 and 20 inches i'd say. conditions on 31st, 1st, and 2nd were all excellent although if i was being picky there were slight visibility problems on 1st. Off piste conditions were really good with decent coverage following the snowfall. There seemed to be little flurries of snow up there most nights which helped keep everything neat.

Now i just have to get the board prepped for Val Thoren in March.

Peace out.
snow conditions
Today's forecast of snow did not develop into much here in the central Pyrenees. Both the GFS and a host of other sites were forecasting between 5 and 15cm and though there is snow around it is fairly light. Temperatures have already started to fall which will mean a mix of light fresh and man made for a few days to top things up.

I will be happy when the Spanish holiday is over (3 kings) and some sort of calm returns to the piste. : wink
ski holidays
Overnight there was about 10cm which was fantastic today. The sun popped out and the slopes were empty. Pity the cannons were blasting more out this afternoon as the goggles were freezing up all the time.

Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Thanks Ski Guide. Cool

Is anyone in Baquiera? I wondered how's it looking? The snow on http://www.baqueira.es/webcams/web-baqueira/web-telecabina-baqueira webcam looks a bit thin but I see the cannons were in action again today...

The resort guide says the snow is between 40-70cm but I wondered what height the telecabina webcam is at? Puzzled

Heading there on the 17th and starting to get excited.

snowHead
latest report
Heavy snow all day today down to about 400m. Forecast for even heavier snow tonight and into the early hours of the morning hopefully clearing up for tomorrow as I am off to Baqueira though if the vis is poor I will advise our guests to stay local.

This should be a fantastic weekend with light powder and cold temperatures. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
7AM this morning (still snowing) 30cm of very dry and light snow in the garden (630m). I am looking forward to a fun day as the slopes are empty Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Thanks Ski Guide, and it's looking better on that webcam!

Whiteout today and they've updated the resort snow depths to 60-105cm.

Very Happy
snow conditions
Today was fantastic, the resort reported 35cm of new snow but I had 30cm on a car in my drive and there was at least another 10cm that had fallen earlier up high. This morning it was 1st lift, 1st piste and 1st fresh tracks in fantastic very dry and light powder.

There is the possibility of more over the weekend and with low temperatures the resorts of the central Pyrenees are in very good shape indeed. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ski holidays
Still snowing today however strong winds and poor visibility have made the start of the weekend a bit miserable after the highs of yesterdays powder. Very cold but the snow is staying in fantastic shape.
snow report
The weather has calmed down, the sun came out yesterday and the slopes were all but empty. Perfect conditions and no one around. Very Happy Very Happy
snow report
Am in espiaube, part of the Saint Lary Soulain resort. The resort is 92% open and the conditions over the last few days have been great. We have about 50cm more snow forecast for the end of the week which will add to a great base layer. The canons have been working hard during the last few days of arctic temperatures to boost the depth of snow in the lower slopes and it is looking pretty good everywhere. Minimal queueing for lifts and fairly empty pistes now that the holidays are over makes skiing here a joy at the moment. Will try and get you some photos once I have worked out how to upload them.
ski holidays
finally the conditions are perfect in all the range. Today we have a big storm, and resorts as Formigal are literally being buried:

This morning
http://www.nevasport.com/phorum/read.php?59,1945054

now:

And the next week, the weather will be calm and sunny!!
snow conditions
Heavy snow in the central Pyrenees all day. White out at Peyragudes with 10cm falling in the afternoon alone with even heavier snow during the night. Off to Baqueira tomorrow where it should be fantastic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ski holidays
I am going to Soldeu on Sunday, from watching the webcams it looks decent. Anyone in Grandvalira right now able to give a wee report? Smile
snow report
I was there last week and conditions where fine, I have spoken to people who are there and there has been plenty more snow since I left. Looks as if the wind has taken some of the snow from the upper areas.
I'll be back up there on the 24th for 3 weeks, I had planned to go up today but my accom is occupied, good job I checked car is part packed Shocked
ski holidays
Great thanksDypcd iver, looks like I'll have a good week Smile
snow report
metalhead132, But it won't do you any good with a new baby at home will it? Your brother is probably just trying to get over his epic Serre chevalier week too. Very Happy
snow report
Ski Guide wrote:
Heavy snow in the central Pyrenees all day. White out at Peyragudes with 10cm falling in the afternoon alone with even heavier snow during the night. Off to Baqueira tomorrow where it should be fantastic Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Baqueira yesterday was fantastic with between 30cm and 50cm of powder having fallen in the last 24 hours. Little pisting had been done and certainly on the Beret side there was tons of untracked powder to play in. Similar depths fell at Peyragudes and Superbagneres.

Fantastic skiing available at all resorts!!

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy