Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Actibus, Grenoble to Les Deux Alpes

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
I am trying to put a holiday together in Les 2 Alpes. Actibus looks the best way tom get there from Grenoble.

Any experiences of that transfer ?

Ta
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
No. But the local VFD buses are very good. They seem to tie in with the trains - about €12 each way from the railway station. More if you go from the airport - and delays can build up at the airport and the railway station en route to the resort. Check the bus timetable if you are thinking of choosing this option.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
have a look at http://www.bensbus.co.uk/ as well.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Sarge, from Grenoble airport (actually not quite in Grenoble ) there is a public coach that goes to the Grenoble central combined bus/coach/train station for about €5 each way (i think that is the price), and then you change bus on to the local bus to get up the mountain - about €12 each way from the combined bus/coach/train station to L2A. It is quite easy and there is a payment desk at the airport for the first bus and you can pay at the normal 'kiosk' type thing at the bus station.

bensbus bus run 'chartered' transfers that you have to book in advance that goes from the airport to the resort for about €40, but sometimes people from different flights are booked on the same mini bus and if one of the flights is delayed the minbus may decide to wait for it.

Hope that helps Very Happy
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The airport to gare routier is a bit more expensive than that now, it was 25 euro for me and my son in July. Funny, because I seem to remember it being about 5 euro the previous time I used it too.
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Thanks for all the info. I am lucky that my kids have an inset day at the start of half term, so we can travel on a Friday, unfortunately, Bens Bus doesn't run a Friday, but the site (or maybe the hotel I'm booked with) had a link to Actibus. I really can't @rsed with changing buses etc. Not bad on the way to the resort, but making sure I get my flight home would be a worry !
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Annie, €25 for 2 people for that seems a lot, was about €5.50 ish for me for that leg in March and about another €12 ish for the leg to resort.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Swirly, I agree. I probably wouldn't have remembered had it not seemed so expensive at the time - maybe summer prices or something I dunno. On the way back I asked for tickets to 'the airport' and was initially given them to Lyon at 30 euros before correcting madamoiselle behind the desk and definitely only got a fiver back.
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Annie, if you asked for a ticket to the airport they might have booked both legs of the bus for you ?, which would be approaching that sort of price. My trip to L2A last season was the sort of price to which Swirly refers

Sarge, changing bus is easy, the buses that you change from/to stop at almost the same bus stop bay. It can be technically impossible to get this bus service for an early, say 11.30 am, flight though.

You could book a taxi or hire a car, it just so happens I have a taxi drivers card to hand ....taxis sauvant .... tel +33476654618 or fax +33476934132
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Sarge, The regular bus is sooooooooooooo much cheaper that it would deffo be best to get that on the way up. On the way back it would depend on the time of your flight, but you might find that a taxi to grenoble station and a regular bus from there would be best if your flight is early. It really is no trouble so long as the times match up.

Annie, Are you sure you didn't get returns for both of you for both legs? It sounds a lot more than it says on their website.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A long time after this thread, but hopefully some of you are still active!
I'm hoping to get the bus from Grenoble to Les Deux Alpes on Friday 6th Jan, but I can't find any mention anywhere of the local bus. Does anyone know if its still running and where I can find a timetable? @achilles
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Airport shuttle: https://booking.alps-airport-transfer.co.uk/shuttle/ 27EUR return
Resort shuttle: https://www.transaltitude.fr/en/resorts/les-2-alpes/ 35EUR return
Ben's Bus: https://www.bensbus.co.uk/ 75EUR return

If it was me, I'd get the Ben's Bus direct from the airport.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy