Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

les carroz whats it like and any accomodation recommendations?

Poster: A snowHead
Hi
I like the look of Les Carroz, seems to have what we need, links up to Flaine, plus short transfer. I would appreciate any info people can give regarding good accomodation near to the slopes (or is everything near?). Do any snowheads have accomodation here? I thought I had seen a snowheads owners page on here, where I could see everyone's links, but I can't find it now.

Further, any useful info about the resort itself, best ski school, that kind of thing would be very helpful,
Many Thanks in advance
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kyoto49, nowhere is really that far... probably 1kms cover the village from one end to another and good ski bus running around the village.

There are some outlying areas (La Frasse, Le Nants) where there are some catered chalets with owners driving you to slopes and stuff.

What sort of accomodation are you looking for and when?

There are 2 ski schools; ESF and Nouvelle Dimension... we used ESF.

Several ski hire shops; We Used Zig Zags.

Lots of bars and restaurants.

Ask any questions you like!
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Hi
marcellus, Thanks for the info. We are still in the early planning stages, but March is looking favourite this year. We did Half term in Morzine last year, where we had excellent snow, and had a fantastic time and it ticked all out boxes. Skiing and boarding for beginners through to advanced. Bit of character, close to the airport. I prefer to visit different resorts each year which is why although we enjoyed Morzine I'm looking at Les Carroz. Accom wise, we would prefer catered chalet close to the slopes, but are open to suggestions!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
I assume you'll still be providing accommodation, marcellus? Nice website, by the way!
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
stayed in Les Carroz last Christmas and it's really nice. I don't recall to much slopeside accomodation though.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
mfj197, not with that chalet... we're doing "bespoke holidays in the Grand Massif".

kyoto49, try ski63 speak to Stuart or Julie or Skiology and speak to Dom tell both of them I pointed you there way!!
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
The good aspect of Les Carroz is that the resort has quick and easy access to about 280 km of piste, and a varied terrain, from the high altitude skiing at Flaine to the through the pine tree skiing in Les Carroz. The slopes are generally quite with rarely queues at the lifts (with exception of half term and New Year). There has also been a large investment in new high speed chairlifts and gondolas in recent years.
I keep a history of the snow record in Les Carroz, if you are interested in the resort, snow record and village then see http://www.ucanrent.co.uk
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Maybe I have just been unlucky but the link to Flaine seemed to be closed most of the week which i spent there. As a consequence the slopes seemed very crowded and lift lines were very very long. It was a shame because other than the huge waits it seemed really nice.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Casnbs

Yea, that can be a problem with Flaine, if the wind gets up then they close off the high altitude lifts and that includes the lifts getting out of the resort back to Samoens, Les Carroz etc.
This is no different to other resorts, I've had similar problems in the Trois Valley, La Plagne etc. If you are ever stuck in Flaine a bus will pick you up at the end of the day and provide transport back to the other linked resorts.
The linked resorts of Morillon, Samoens, Les Carroz are very rarely closed because of bad weather so at least there is good skiing up to 1800 m alt.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Plus new lifts this season to link carroz to flaine and samoens to everywhere????

Links not closed as often as implied.......... probably max half a dozen days last season....
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Well, I must have been very unlucky then because when i went they were closed for 5 out of the 7 days. I don't want to be negative about Les Carroz because I really liked it but the closed link to Flaine was a problem.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I had a long weekend there about five years ago and really enjoyed it, the Bois De La Char Hotel is right on the piste back into town.

I didn't stay there, but I think Kitenski did and said it was a good spot. You could PM him.
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Thanks, that looks very good. I'm definately thinking Le Carroz is going to be the place for us this season!
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
marcellus, what happened to the new chalet...is it still under construction ?
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
have been in the grand massif quite a bit over the last few yrs and I can honestly say it is one of my favourite places. Thee is the issue of closed links throughout, but this has only happened to me once in several visits, and it was only for one day. Samoens can be especially cut off in these instances. If accommodation is what you are after I can recommend 2 outstanding places.

http://www.labergerie-lescarroz.com/ (run by a very nice french man. Is only B&B tho')

http://www.chaletmariestuart.com/

Both these palces offer excellent accommodation. The chalet in Samoens dishes up the best food you will ever come across (not meaning to offend any other chalet owners here Very Happy )

Hope you have a great time
snow conditions
I must admit (rather selfishly) that one of the best day's skiing I've ever had was last February in the Grand Massif on a day when the connecting lifts were closed because of wind. Our place is in Verchaix so we always have a car - drove up to Flaine and skied deep fresh powder all day with hardly anyone around due to the conditions and inability of skiers at the other resorts to make it to Flaine!

But the interconnecting lifts aren't closed too often - this was on an extreme day that closed the majority of the lifts.
snow conditions
Would add my recomendation. Skied there a lot last year and found it great for access to Grand Massif.
latest report
kyoto49, I wrote a long ish report on Les Carroz on the where to ski and snowboard website from my stay last year, but that now seems to be deleted!

Good place to go, some of the lifts were slow but they are upgrading which should help. ESF were good with the kids who had excellent group lessons with a mixture of french and english kids. I think the links were closed once for a couple of hours when we were there just before a big storm on New Year's eve.
latest report
Hi all

we are off to les carroz this march - we are going with a bunch called 360 sun and ski - any of you les carroz experts know of them - any feedback?

thanks snowHead
ski holidays
AlpineAddict wrote:
http://www.chaletmariestuart.com/

Both these palces offer excellent accommodation. The chalet in Samoens dishes up the best food you will ever come across (not meaning to offend any other chalet owners here Very Happy )

we've stayed here a couple of times and have to agree - absolutely fantastic food Very Happy
snow conditions
lib-banana wrote:
Hi all

we are off to les carroz this march - we are going with a bunch called 360 sun and ski - any of you les carroz experts know of them - any feedback?

thanks snowHead

Nick and Caroline (???) I think I know them and am told they do good family holidays!!

Their Chalet well placed for the village, creche and bus stop (If it's the one I think it is)
snow report
marcellus, hey thanks for that - its chalet ruche - yeah the reviews I have found (only two) were favourable - anyway we have booked with them now so heres hoping! I'll be keeping an eye on the Les Carroz snow reports from here on in! snowHead
latest report
I am based in les Carroz over the winter and love the place. Re Chalet Ruche /Ski 360. Nick and Caroline are great and the food that Nick produces is fabulous, fabulous, fabulous. Hope you have a great time!
snow report
bubblegum66, i think you are three years too late!
snow conditions

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy