Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Resorts from Geneva

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Finding resorts from Geneva isn't really the issue, but can anyone recommend somewhere that is accessible via public transport - train and bus, or just bus that is within 1.5 hours and that would be considered high-enough to be reasonably snow sure. Am thinking around mid-December for a long weekend.

Thanks.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Chasseur, there's precious little that close to Geneva which could be considered "snow-sure" in mid December. Avoriaz or Argentiere, maybe? Both easy by bus, though I guess services on weekdays that early in the season might not be too frequent.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
As pam w says "snow sure" that close to GVA is a tall order - but Avoriaz may prove your best bet (and if you hold off you could find that somewhere lower has some cracking snow at the time). Link below for bus routres and times:
http://www.altibus.com/index.aspx
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
what about chamonix? an hour away and plenty of high skiing at montets
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
The choice is between Avoriaz, Flaine, Chamonix - Argentiere; with Argentiere being the furthest distance. I'm planning at skiing Flaine from opening in 19 December. I did this last year, brillant with excellent snow and hardly anyone in sight.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'm planning at skiing Flaine from opening in 19 December

Does Flaine only open on 19 December? That's Christmas week - unlikely to get a long weekend booking then. Last season's early snow was fantastic but it's not always like that. That's why it's good to wait till the last minute for early season trips.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Thanks all. I was thinking Flaine or Avoriaz, but always good to get opinions from those with experience. I've got 2 free flights from City Airport, so waiting for lat minute may be more of a gamble. Austria may be another possibility I guess.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Chasseur,
Quote:

Austria may be another possibility I guess.

I've been to Skiamade (staying one in Flachau and once in Radstadt) the last 2 Decembers and the snow was good. That's about a 45 minute taxi ride from Salzburg airport.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
its more like 2 hrs by public transport (but have done in less than 1.5 hrs by self drive), but you should get good skiing in Verbier in mid Dec. Mont Fort (3330) is so high that snow should be fine
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Thanks gra, 2 hours by public transport isn't too bad. Verbier sounds like a good option - thanks.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy