Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Accommodation in Zermatt over New Year impossible to find?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
My husband and I are joining friends who are going to Zermatt for a week from 2 Jan (Gornergrat hotel), but as we can only stay untill 6 Jan would like to go from 30 Dec to 6 Jan. Gornergrat can only accommodate us from 2 Jan.
Have also tried tourist buro and Tasch hotels. No luck either way.

Any ideas about any kind of accommodation for a couple from 30 Dec to either 2 or 6 Jan will be much appreciated!

How about suggestions for a resort close to Zermatt that has accommodation 30 Dec to 2 Jan ? Have tried Saas Fee, but also no go.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Try this http://fewo.myswitzerland.com/search/
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
lizski, as it is New Year, likely that most hotels wil want bookings from 26th Dec-2nd Jan, or 2nd January onwards. Their busiest time, and they will be guaranteed to fill the room.
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Last year I booked s/c for Zermatt New Year week and had to pay for a fortnight's worth of rent just for a week's stay.

This was the same with every offer I received.

Still, the apartment worked out within budget, and was barely a 2 min walk from the lift up to Furi (the most useful lift out of the town), which we though was spectacularly well placed. PM for details if you want them, but if you're the luxury hotel sort you probably won't be impressed with a kitchenette and a fold-out bed.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
paulio, sent pm (I hope!)

ssnowman, really helpfull website- thanks

I do reallize it is a very busy time, and can understand the apartments requiring Sat-Sat, but as the hotels are more flexible, surprised that they too insist on that, as I am sure they should be able to fill empty days during peak times. For example the Gornergrat will take us 2 to 5/6 Jan.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
lizski, PM sent.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
lizski, it might be worth trying these people. We used them for Zermatt last Christmas after I'd spent ages trying to organize our own accommodation and not having any luck, and they were very good.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Liz ski,

This hotel has done flexible stays over the New Year - they have a regular set of clientele and tend not to be on the tourist accomodation lists

It is fairly basic accomodation, but rooms are large, and food is great (we stayed there last New Year and are booked in again this time round). Very central for Zermatt and very well priced for the town

http://www.zermatt.net/alphubel/
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Lizski,

Did a search on www.booking.com and they came up with a room in Tasch.

If you want to go to Zermatt in future at New Year, you should have booked in May or June at latest.

Judging by the number of people there last week, Zermatt appears to have bypassed the recession.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
lizski, did you get this sorted? I hope so!
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
paulio, sorry for delay in answering- we were moving house- Im still exhausted!
the friend we were joining had other commitments, and we have decided to change plans , and are all going to Serfaus for 10 days in March.
Will definately book earlier for Zermatt next time, I did find some apartments when still looking though, seems to be best option.
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy