Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

nendaz half term

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Hi have booked here at half term, an ideas how busy it will be? I heard bus to siviez got busy in the mornings, can this be avoided by an early start?

Cheers
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
mfamily2, I went there a few years back with my son at half term but we had a car so used that to get to Siviez. I'm not sure if the bus was busy in the mornings but didn't see any big queues in Nendaz. The bus back to Nendaz, however, after skiing had very big queues just after the lifts closed.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Thanks for that, just getting prepared for any eventuality as its half term. Have learnt that a bit of advanced planing can save time and grief in resort.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
As you have booked half term week I assume you are going with kids who can't ski to/back from Siviez (even if they take the Plan-d-Fou cable car back down to Les Fountaines)?

I would certainly recommend driving across to Siviez in the morning as the bus line does get pretty long from about 3.30pm. The drive is easy and takes about 15 mins (depending where you are staying in resort). I wouldn't however leave it too late to drive across as by 10/10.30 the carpark is full and cars are parked on the side of the road all the way down the hill (telenendaz even has a small shuttle bus taking people who park on the side of the road up to Siviez).

Enjoy! Laughing
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
1556garyt, Thanks and yes we are taking the kids who can all ski to a good intermediate standard. Do I take it from that the Gondola is ok, some reports suggest slow etc? The kids are certainly able to ski most runs, but reports seem to suggest getting the bus? We are at a stage that we all ski together all day and are in no particular rush, infact its just nice being a family doing the same thing!
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
mfamily2, We did ski from Nendaz on the first day across to Siviez with no real problems and came back the same way. We did the itinery run back under the Plan de Fou cable car with no problems but I wouldn't advise it for beginners, get the cable car down, but good intermediates should be ok, depending on snow conditions.

The problem for us was that the rest of the runs back to Nendaz had very little snow. Apparently they aren't allowed to provide snow making facilities on these runs due to environmental reasons. That's why we used the car to Siviez every day after the first, as we didn't fancy any more mud skiing. We went up to Siviez to arrive by 8:45 and there was an almost empy car park with free parking and first on the lift with no queues at all. It's a great way of getting to the main slopes above Verbier quicker that the skiers staying in Verbier.

When we arrived back in Siviez the car park was pretty full, so I would say that 1556garyt, is right. I remember cars being parked right down the hill as we drove back to Nendaz waving at the queues waiting for the bus. Toofy Grin All in all I would say that your better placed being in Nendaz than in Verbier at half term and you also have better options to get to some of the other slopes.

We had a great week during half term, so go and enjoy. Cool snowHead
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
mfamily2, The gondola is not that slow - if I have a choice between waiting for the bus in Siviez or waiting for a gondola and then skiing back, I know which one I'll take...

geepee, is correct insofar as if there is no snow on the Prarion run (which goes to the Plan-du-Fou gondola), you'll have no option but to drive/bus across to Siviez. The lack of snow making on that run is the single biggest problem with skiing in Nendaz as the slope does directly face the sun and does get badly worn out. There are rumours about snow making every year but so far the environmental lobby are winning the argument. Confused If they could get snow making on that run and replace the stupid old drag that takes you up to the Plan-du-Fou gondola, it would transform the access to/from Nendaz.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy