Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Family Ski in/out Austria?

Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone recommend a hotel/chalet for Easter 2010 in Austria? Ski in/out essential for popping back with kids!

Recommend away!

regards,

Greg
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Hotel Feriengut Ellmauhof (Hinterglemm) Very Happy

http://www.hotelmoritz.com/home_flash.html (Kuhtai)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kitenski, Most places in Oberlech are ski in ski out. Ive stayed at the Montana twice and is fantastic http://www.montanaoberlech.at/ but expensive. Have looked at the Ellmauhof myself for this years trip but was a bit over this years budget for us. Was also looking at Gerlos for this year and looks like plenty of ski in ski out stuff. Opted for Kappl instead and staying at Hotel Silvretta for a fraction the price of the Montana. You could also look as Stuben as a cheaper alternative to Oberlech for getting some skiing in the Arlberg. Stayed at Hubertushof http://www.hubertushof-arlberg.at/ this year with family and was excellent.
What ages are the kids? Oberlech has a free creche for those over 2/2.5 if you stay at any of the Oberlech hotels.
Snow will still be good in Oberlech and Stuben at Easter
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski, kids will be 10 and 7 by then, not really wanting kids clubs etc, but wanting early tea for kids and option to ski back for a break, if someone is tired etc.

Budget is key this year !

Do you have link to the Hotel Silvretta?

cheers,

Greg
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kitenski, http://www.hotelsilvretta.at/ From what I can gather the piste runs directkly behind hotel. So you ski from there down to gondola. The sledge run also runs behind it. Only costing us €1400 for a week 2 adults and 3 kids (6 9 and 12) half board. Think it's pretty basic, but clean and comfy from what I can gather - most important factor is that they sell Kaiserbier Laughing The Montana cost of something like €5k Embarassed
The Hubertushof is Stuben cost us around €2800 from memory and they provide post ski snacks which were excellent. Best gateway airport for both places is Innsbruck
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
kitenski, Silvretta (Kappl) may be OK for first week of Easter (w/c/ 3/4/10) but Kappl ski area is due to close 11/4/10. Ischgl will be open until early May and is just up the road, but that sort of defeats your objective. Are you planning for 1st or 2nd week of Easter ?
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, 2nd week (10th April) as it seems to be considerably cheaper Smile
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Obergurgl is another good choice. Try the Alpina (big, smart, great service with a large pool/sauna area) or the Edelweiss & Gurgl (very popular, easiest ski in and out, right by the main gondola). The resort is high so no problem with snow at Easter.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
snowplow wrote:
Obergurgl is another good choice. Try the Alpina (big, smart, great service with a large pool/sauna area) or the Edelweiss & Gurgl (very popular, easiest ski in and out, right by the main gondola). The resort is high so no problem with snow at Easter.

thanks snowplow, just had a very swift quote from Edelweiis & Gurgl for € 3.675,00 w/c 10th April for a family of four, a touch more than I wanted to spend!!
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
kitenski, Try some of the hotels in Alpendorf/St Johann im Pongau as well as Wagrain, Flachau and Zauchensee - all have ski in facility to some degree or another some literally e.g the Alpina Oberforsthof and Sonnhof plus a couple of others whose names escape me right now. Others require you to cross the road/car park - hardly a long trek and a lift takes you up to the gondola at Alpendorf. I ski there at Easter each year and the price includes ski pass for 6 days. Last year it was 682 Euros each for a double room half board in the Berghof Annexe. Suites are also available.

Sue wink

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Tue 15-09-09 6:06; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If you are looking for bargain prices and snow reliability maybe take a look at some of the higher resorts in Styria (a region which is quite off the beaten path from a UK perspective).

Tauplitz as well as Planneralm offer some good skiing (the latter albeit on a limited scale in terms of quantity of different lifts and pistes) and have perfect ski in / ski out since these resorts are "Almdoerfer" (directly at the hill on the mountain) like Oberlech, Hochsölden, Hochgurgl.

Both ski resorts are extremely snow sure and snow rich (Tauplitz more often than not gets about 4-6 m snow pack around February / March).

Alternatives to skiing (or cross country skiing) are quite limited though (the villages are down in the valley). Acess is best from Salzburg airport (about 2h train/bus) or Vienna airport (about 4h train/bus).

Prices are way cheaper East of Salzburg than in the somewhat overpriced ski resorts of Tyrol.
latest report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
boabski -am looking at Hubertushof for a short break 10th-14th April. Seems to me as much chance of snow in Stuben as anywhere else that time of year. Am going with my 8 year old, his second trip and he's hooked. It looks like you can ski from the hotel to the chair lift -is that the case ? What about skiing back to the hotel, or is it a walk up from the village?

Thanks in Advance
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Obertauern

pretty much anywhere. Glocknerin apparthotel is good. We could ski into our groundfloor bedroom
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
kitenski, so you want cheap ski in/out in April in Austria? Get rubbing that lamp mate...
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
red 27, I've got virtually that in a single room in a 4*S hotel next month for 458 Euros including my ski pass. Half board with buffett breakfast and 4 course dinner. 1200 sq. metres of spa facilities. My one little bit of walking is 50m across a car park and road. The hotel on the piste next to the gondola has spaces but I just do not like the atmosphere there

It is possible if you deal with the hotels directly. Looking outside of the known tourist traps is the main advice

This is in Ski Amadé by the way and the pass is the full 6-day one.

wink
latest report
red 27 wrote:
kitenski, so you want cheap ski in/out in April in Austria? Get rubbing that lamp mate...

rubbed it a long time ago and a very nice genie from Stuben popped out.....
ski holidays
MattWild, technically speaking you can ski from the hotel on to the piste but it is a relatively short and steep off piste pitch. They do run a mini bus that only takes a minute or two and runs constantly at peak times and if you happen to finish early you simply call the hotel and the chap comes straight away. We never had an issue with it and used it rather than attempt the off piste. It's located quite handy for the bus to Lech/Zurs too, ie 60-70m walk. If your kid is using the ski school we found it excellent as they had a great teacher to kid ratio. Hotel was really good and I think they done up the spa etc during the summer along with some of the rooms as well.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy