Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Best European resort to book a chalet for a month?

Poster: A snowHead
I'm taking the family away for a month from mid February and we need a 4 bed chalet (self-catered) in Europe. We need something with plenty of miles of slopes and decent chalets. That's about it really.

Any suggestions?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Jumping Jack Flash, budget?
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Jumping Jack Flash, these people will be able to help you!!!
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
pam w wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, budget?
For the chalet I would say about £8-10,000.
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jumping Jack Flash, do you mean 4 bed or 4 bedroom?
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jumping Jack Flash, sorry realised I didn't post the link, so here it is;

http://www.seasonaires.com/PackageType/seasonallets/

(for that sort of money you could almost have something for the season!!)
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
rob@rar wrote:
Jumping Jack Flash, do you mean 4 bed or 4 bedroom?
Sorry I meant 4 bedroom.

It'll be wife,2 kids and me plus weekly guests.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jumping Jack Flash, OK, in that case ignore the PM I sent you!
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Quote:

for that sort of money you could almost have something for the season
not a 4 bedroom chalet you couldn't, I suspect. When I was looking for a sizeable chalet for New Year the nice ones, near the piste, were around 3,000 euros a week for a place to sleep 10 - and prices in February are higher. Might be hard to get 4 weeks in the same place - I'd be a tad suspicious of a chalet in France which is still vacant for 4 weeks, of which 3 are peak school holiday time. Might be better in other countries.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
pam w wrote:
Quote:

for that sort of money you could almost have something for the season
not a 4 bedroom chalet you couldn't, I suspect.

pam w you're right the one I I know of one that has 5 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, 2 lounges, 2 kitchens, 10mins to resort, 45mins to GVA - €12,500 for the season (1st Dec to 30th April) and not 4 as per the OPs needs..
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
I was only interested in a chalet where the kids and visitors could walk easily onto a piste - not one where I'd be a perpetual chauffeur. Obviously it's far cheaper if you're out of resort.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Jumping Jack Flash wrote:
It'll be wife,2 kids and me plus weekly guests.

When did you want us again? wink
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Jumping Jack Flash,

I think you will struggle in your mainstream resorts...

Depends what you want the resort to be... and to cover ALL those weeks, you might have left it a bit late...

I know where I could spend a month... but somewhere with 100kms of piste may not look like that place, on the face of it..
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jumping Jack Flash, Get on the phone now to
www.ernalow.co.uk
www.skiamis.com
www.mountainheaven.co.uk
also have a look at the private ads on www.latania.co.uk
You may be lucky and find something this late for February
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Thanks for all the advice on this. I would like to go earlier but can't due to family obligations. The other thing Iws worried about was booking somewhere now and finding that they have no snow when the time comes but I guess there is no way around that one.

I had considered Austria as my friends rave aboiut it. I've never been but I think chalets are few and far between.

As I said, many thanks for all the advice.
snow report
Quote:

I would like to go earlier but can't due to family obligations

How about later? From end of first week in March to end of first week in April? Probably more choice of chalets, quieter pistes, nice long days, lifts open longer. snowHead
snow conditions
Jumping Jack Flash, I stayed in a very comfortable 4 bedroomed chalet in Morzine last season for a week, I will try to post a link if I can find it
snow conditions
Quote:

I had considered Austria as my friends rave aboiut it. I've never been but I think chalets are few and far between.

There are quite a few privately owned chalets in Austria.... literally hundreds in St Anton but you'll be lucky to find one free for last 2 weeks in Feb and first 2 in March for this season.... they're the busiest weeks and the most reliable snow (generally) so I would guess that pretty much everything decent is pretty much booked up for that period.... you could consider a 2 centre jolly.... 2 weeks in, say, St Anton, then 2 weeks in, say, Lech or a little further towards Innsbruck...
snow conditions
I've found one for ten people in Nendaz. I've been there a few times (on skis) when staying in Verbier.

It's in the middle of the system so skiing should be fine but is there enough in the village itself (shops, reataurants, pubs, health centre etc) to keep you occupied for a month.

Any help greatly appreciated.
snow conditions
Jumping Jack Flash, if you pm me your email & requirements I'll send it round the chalet owners here for you.
latest report
Jumping Jack Flash, I've PM'ed you.

(www.ski-chx.com)
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy