Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Zermatt - self drive - where do I park?

Poster: A snowHead
Hope someone can help. Driving to Zermatt in a couple of weeks time - and the brochures all say it is pedestrianised. Other resorts we have been to that claim to be - you can still drive in on the first day and then park the car later - but one brochure seems to suggest we have to park in a village that is a 15 minute train journey away....
Can anyone enlighten me? We were hoping to do our usual night drive - leave stuff in car and ski for the day before check in - but this kinda falls down in the car is at the other end of the universe! Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I can't remember much about it but I do recall that no visitors cars are allowed in the village at all, definately remember going up there by train, best thing would probably be to get in touch with your accomodation and see if they'll let you bring the luggage there early otherwise see about left luggage facilities at zermatt station
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
There are huge car parks in the village just below Zermatt. You park there and catch the train for the last bit. Sorry can't remember the name of the village. Although, snow permitting, you can ski down to the village, I don't think there are any lifts up from there. You will need to look at a timetable to see at what time the trains start.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I think the village is called Tasch (with an umlaut on the a), then you get a gorgeous cog railway up to the village. There are only electric cars in Zermatt!
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
You park in Tasch and take a train for a few mins. There are electric and horsedrawn taxis in Zermatt.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
thanks to all....
Are the trains from tasch frequent - and what time do they start/finish? When we get to Zermatt - are all the "taxis" the same price - or should we look for a particular type (cheapest!). Are they hideously expensive?
xxx
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
On average they go every 20 mins from tasch to zermatt and take just 11 mins, they also run for almost the whole day, if you pm me with an email address I'll send you the timetable as a pdf file, it's less than 20k

Cant help with the taxis though
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Taxis are hideously expensive, probably worth it to get to your hotel to start with but then walk!!! I seem to recall the trains being fairly frequent costs about 15Franks return.
http://www.mgbahn.ch/pdf/prospekte/Minifahrplan.pdf
That's the timetable for the trains between Tasch and Zermatt. Enjoy! Very Happy
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Jayne. My understanding is that parking in Visp, which is at the bottom of the Zermatt valley, is free (confirm it). I'd definitely park there, because the train ride up to Zermatt is a great experience with memorable views.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Jayne the timetable that Chris posted is more or less identical to mine but even more useful, use page 2 for the winter and down at the bottom of the rhs of page 2 it says parking in Tasch costs CHF 7.50 per day and that the train fare is CHF 7.80 each way
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Most of the hotels in Zermatt have their own electric car/van, and I am sure they don't charge for taking you and your luggage from the station when you first arrive. When you get to Zermatt station, if the hotel vehicle is not there already, telephone them and they should send it. If you are staying in a chalet you will either have to walk or take a taxi.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
thank you all so much for your help.

DG - I'm desperately ignorant - dont even know what pm means - I'm sure I'd love to pm you if I knew what it was!
Presumably I dont need to though now I've got the web link from Chris
But thanks ever so for the offer.....

How would I pm you if I wanted to?? xxxx

ps - am still undergoing counselling for emotional abuse after being called "garrulous" on the other side - but am recovering nicely thanks to the tlc here.
xx
Little Angel
latest report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pm = personal message. Goes only to that person.

1) Click on "You have no new messages" at the top of the page. This will take you to your private mail box

2) Click on "new post"

3) Put the recipient's name (board name) in the top field. You can search on partial names if you can't remember the full one.
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Jayne,
You'll be glad to see that Mr Snell's remarks have been censored by Laura Zachary. He doesn't seem to have made too many friends either! Hope you have a fab time in Zermatt, it is amazing, especially the views.
Mr. Green (as close as I could get to a 'Green with envy!)
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Cor -aint this site great - I'm not just chatting to fellow ski-nuts - but my IT skills and jargon are improving no end..thanks Skanky
Laughing
thanks Chris - cant wait!!
ski holidays
Make sure you get to the top of the Breiterhorn (be careful of altitude sickness though). My PC's wallpaper is a picture of Monte Bianco from the run off there and you can get a cracking panorama of it and the Matterhorn. It's worth the lift queue alone.
ski holidays
Jayne,
Taxis are all the same..they charge fixed fares for journeys within 'zones' of Zermatt e.g. station to most of centralish locations is 10CHF. They charge more the further out you go, the more people in the taxi, after 9pm and for luggage.

I think Skanky must mean go to the top of the Klein Matterhorn rather than Breiterhorn! He?She? is right...must go for the view on a clear day spectacular!

Have fun...wish I was going back..my favourite place! Laughing
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy