Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Sainte Foy

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Can anyone tell me if this would be a good choice for a family trip with intermediate and advanced skiers. Also can you ski into Italy from there? Any advice very welcome.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
skilegs, No. you cant ski to Italy from Ste Foy.
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I am based in SF in the season and love it. While the skiing is not extensive by comparison with some of the nearby resorts there is plenty to keep all standards amused especially if your advanced skiers enjoy crashing around off piste. A great advantage is that all the runs end up at the same place so turning people loose is less of a worry as they can always get back to base. If you have transport there is very easy access to Val d Isere, Tignes, Les Arcs and La Rosiere. There is a very occasional bus to Tignes (i think) (once a week maybe) so its essential to have a car to explore or there is always the taxi option. Any other questions please ask
Hope this helps
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
skihog, Thank you very much. Am looking to rent a chalet or apartment for 10 and want to be ski/in or easy walking distance to slopes and centre. Any ideas very welcome.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
skilegs, I wouldn't want to spend all week in Ste Foy, good for the odd day especially after a fresh snowfall but you could find that a resort with 4 lifts is just a tad restricting. I'm biased, I own a chalet in La Rosiere which I believe has much more to offer for a mixed group, not least that the skiing on the Espace San Bernardo covers both Italy and France on a single lift pass. You'll find lots of information on www.larosiere.net it could be worth contacting my son who has 4 chalets in La Rosiere and last season was offering a chlet in Ste Foy on self-catered terms. His website is www.morealps.com wherever you go in the haute Tarentaise you'll find good skiing.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Dont want to get into a competition beteween resorts, I really enjoy La Ros and the trip to Italy too. Here is a link to some friends who run a hotel and chalet rental business is Ste Foy. Hope its useful.
http://www.auberge-montagne.com/chaletdescrip.html
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Have been to Ste Foy twice for a week each time staying in the MGM apartments. In all that time we only skied the Ste Foy slopes for 2 days, which was plenty. If you have fresh powder and you're good enough you will have plenty to keep you amused for a week, if you don't (we didn't) you'll get bored very very quickly.

Really depends on whether you're the sort of person who's happy to drive to a resort in the morning because if you are Ste Foy is perfect, its only 4km up from the main road so getting places is easy. Les Arcs (via Villaroger) is 15 mins away, La Rosiere 25 mins, La Plagne (via car not skis) 30 mins, Val D'Isere, Tignes 25 mins. Car parking is easy in most of those places as well so its really no hassle. If you're not going to make use of the surrounding resorts though I wouldn't bother with Ste Foy. Incidentally we enjoyed La Rosiere / La Thuile as much as any of those resorts for a few days, we skied there more than any of the others but I wouldn't want to be limited to a week there either.

In terms of apres, again it depends what you want. Ste Foy has 2 really nice restaurants, one very small pizza place and 2 very average bars, one of which is very very small. So if you're looking for lively nightlife it is most definitely not the place to go, even if you want to chill out with a nice meal and a few quiet beers its hard to recommend a whole week there.

Overall as a good base for a quick exploration of Tarentaise skiing Ste Foy is excellent but you'll have to drive. If you want apres-ski, ski-in/ski-out convenience or miles of slopes in your home resort then its a definite no no. We went twice and would definitely go back but unless there's a guarantee of fresh powder there are a lot of other resorts we'll do first.
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've used these guys: http://www.premiere-neige.com/. Good operation. Would recommend. They have a shuttle service that can take you to the neighboring resorts. Agree that if there's no new snow that Ste. Foy gets old quickly. With new snow, you'll gets lots of first tracks. Reasonable cost plus access to surrounding areas is an advantage.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
skilegs: I run a chalet in Sainte Foy, drop me an email if you want more resort info or a quote from us. We include a couple of days at other resorts (including a guided trip into Italy) in all our prices. http://www.whiteroomchalet.com
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
skihog wrote:
I am based in SF in the season and love it.

Hey Skihog, we've been to St Foy a couple of times so well aware of its highs & lows. We'll be getting at least four weeks in this season & we're considering a St Foy season pass given its so cheap...Bearing in mind options in case the coverage is patchy do you or any of you other St Foy based people know what (if any) Free days you get at other resorts...? I'm thinking Killy, Paradiski and the local littler ones too...! We'll be mobile, in fact we'll be campervanning, so no worries there - on the subject of which, how do they treat campervanners in St Foy. Anywhere to hole up without getting hassled?

Cheers for the help, Paul
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
paulbeard, With a season pass in Ste Foy you get a free day in Les Arcs, La Plagne and Espace Killy, along with halfprice days in La Rosiere. There are a number of camper vans holed up every season just below the apartments as you enter Ste Foy Station, no hassle.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Fogliettaz wrote:
paulbeard, With a season pass in Ste Foy you get a free day in Les Arcs, La Plagne and Espace Killy, along with halfprice days in La Rosiere. There are a number of camper vans holed up every season just below the apartments as you enter Ste Foy Station, no hassle.
thats great, that's where we were thinking might be best...nice view across the valley as well! Dunno if that's gonna make the season pass worthwhile though, think it'd be a wait & see job - the Grand Massif ski area are doing earlybird season passes for 420ish euro's which is possibly a better deal - though the missus learnt to board at St Foy & its still her favourite resort so you never know!
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
With a daily pass costing over €40.00 that makes a saving of €120.00 on a seasons pass alone plus the view is free!
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy