Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Courchevel 1850 - Anyone want to coming skiing with me in w/c Jan 10th 2010

Poster: A snowHead
Hi, Is there anyone out there who will be going to Courchevel in w/c Jan 10th 2010 ? If so would you like to come and ski with me. I have been skiing seven weeks on snow and completed a Warren Smith course in January 2009. Want to put everything into practice and have some fun. Look forward to hearing from you. Brian Richardson.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
This thread is useless without pictures ..... oh, hang-on, you're a guy Shocked

Well, welcome to snowheads, there'll probably be a few around the 3V in Jan

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Fri 11-09-09 17:42; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well I'll be there w/c 10 Jan, but on an Inspired to Ski course.

Oooh - you're a guy Madeye-Smiley pictures please and I'm staying at the Mark Warner chalet in 1850 wink Toofy Grin

And a welcome to snowHeads! snowHead
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
cathy, Shocked Laughing

Ruaraidh, I'll be on the same ItS course as cathy, so that's at least two snowHeads there while you are and, as Patch says, there will probably be more. I'm sure we can organise to meet up at some point.
Welcome to snowHeads.
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
cathy wrote:
Well I'll be there w/c 10 Jan, but on an Inspired to Ski course.

Oooh - you're a guy Madeye-Smiley pictures please and I'm staying at the Mark Warner chalet in 1850 wink Toofy Grin

And a welcome to snowHeads! snowHead

Cathy,

Thanks for the reply.
happy to send a jpg photo but how do I do it on snowheads?
You can e-mail me at brianr@eaga.co.uk and I will reply with a jpeg.
Can you please send a photo as well.

Thanks again.

Brian Richardson
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
cathy, Shocked
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Quote:

Can you please send a photo as well

from the back, in your helmet, jacket and salopettes...

just so he can recognise you on the piste, of course

wink
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Whoops! Toofy Grin Have I pulled? Very Happy

pam w, Laughing naturally!
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Ruaraidh, sorry, that was a bit rude of me. You weren't to know I was just joking, following on from Patch's post. I'm sure we'll be able to arrange to meet up for a ski at some stage.
latest report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ruaraidh, Ignore the apology by cathy, She has a reputation for sneaking up behind men and grabbing them by the poma Shocked wink

Last edited by Ski the Net with snowHeads on Sun 13-09-09 15:26; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ruaraidh, welcome to snowHead ! We're not all mad, really wink
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
anarchicsaltire wrote:
Ruaraidh, Ignore the apology by cathy, She has a reputation for sneaking up behind men and grabbing them by the poma Shocked wink

Laughing Laughing I seem to remember you quite enjoyed it at the time wink Toofy Grin
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Blush I wasn't complaining Cool
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
cathy, Ruaraidh, You could be compatible, obviously neither of you are riffraff staying in Courcheval 1850 wink
Do drop into Les Menuires some time and say Hi. Its full of peasants but the skiing is awfully good Toofy Grin
latest report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
RPF, I can do rough as well wink Is that where you'll be?

And Happy Birthday birthday boy! snowHead
snow conditions
Thanks cathy, Verbier this year, but took a couple of trips to Les Menuires last year. We had some great skiing. Had to go hungry when we went to 1850 €29 burger and chips Shocked Shocked Shocked
Ruaraidh, Welcome to snowHead's btw you got a bit of a baptism of fire Toofy Grin
You'll have a great time in 3 vallees. do buy the full 3V pass its worth the money.
snow report
Ruaraidh, Welcome to snowHead 's.
1850 is trop nouveau riche /Russian pour moi but I will be in Le Praz (only a Gondola away) if you need some company, no pictures required.
ski holidays
Will be in 1850 Jan 12th for 10 days . It's SUCH a fantastic place. Super crowd! Razz
Will ski a bit but there for fun mainly.
If anyone will be there at that time and are there to mix it, then let's groove.
snow report
Michelle wrote:
Laughing Laughing Laughing
Ruaraidh, welcome to snowHead ! We're not all mad, really wink

That is one point of view.

Probably not one shared by many new members to the site Smile
snow conditions
Not been on here for a while, but stangely enough having found this thread I am driving to 1850 on the 14th??? ish staying with a friend but prob not skiing with much as she will be working most of the time. Sooooo be nice to ski with someone else
snow conditions
PS anyone interested in a car share as may have a space (got to check with friend as not my car)
ski holidays
Hi, Firstly thanks for all the replies and making me so welcome. I am not at all sure about the etiquette or process for this site but if anyone wants to contact me about skiing in Courchevel in w/c 10th Jan please text me on 07714662508. The snow conditions appear to be superb at the moment and you can see an excellent piste map at http://www.courchevel.com/plan_piste.php?Rub=283 . I will be staying at the Hotel Anemone near to the lifts in 1850. You can see me on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=12224992534 . As I said at the beginning of the thread I am a "wannabe" skier and have only had seven weeks on snow. After a Warren Smith course last January I want to put the lessons into practice. Look forward to meeting you. Cheers. Brian Richardson
snow report
Golden Girl wrote:
Will be in 1850 Jan 12th for 10 days . It's SUCH a fantastic place. Super crowd! Razz
Will ski a bit but there for fun mainly.
If anyone will be there at that time and are there to mix it, then let's groove.

You sound as if you have been there a few times before.
Where would you recommend for the nightlife in 1850?
snow report
Well there's The Purple Bar -techno music and cocktails from 7 p.m. to 2 a.m. Or maybe Les Caves or Piggy's Bar.
You buying the drinks then?
latest report
Thanks for the advice Golden Girl.
Happy to buy drinks for all those people who have contacted me.
Like you I am there for the fun
latest report
Mines a pint
latest report
A large G&T please.
snow conditions
Bolly for me. What's your idea of FUN Ruiadh?
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Ruaraidh, Or there is the Refuge.
ski holidays
cathy, Laughing Laughing
snow report
Shimmy Alcott, ah yes - I'd forgotten this thread! Toofy Grin I blame that anarchicsaltire personally wink

Ruaraidh, looks like we're in for some good conditions next week, if a bit cold! Have a good week snowHead
latest report
cathy, na, couldn't be me I'm a good boy. Madeye-Smiley
snow report
Golden Girl wrote:
Bolly for me. What's your idea of FUN Ruiadh?

Anything our imaginations can conjure up.
snow report
Oooer - I didn't know we were that sort of website wink I think I've been supplanted Sad Toofy Grin
snow report
cathy, yep. Laughing
ski holidays
Ruidh
You hitting on me? Where we gonna meet up then?
snow conditions
Prob a bit late for anyone to see this now, but here goes
Am in courchevel 1850 lunchtime to afternoon on the 14th staying at Anemones, got brians No. see if any one can tie up as first day skiing will be fri
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy