Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

How have you benefited from Snowheads?

Poster: A snowHead
Upside - sold some skis and boots, won a brand new pair of Fischer skis thanks to ineedsnow.com, had some laughs and got some future contacts and learned that La Rosiere is best resort EVER Very Happy Very Happy .
Downside - bit of an addict and distracts me from work Confused
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
boabski wrote:
bit of an addict and distracts me from work Confused

Isn't that a GOOD thing?
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Loads of amazing advice in amongst a boiling brackish tsunami of pissy pedantic arguing.

Net gain, just.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
boabski,

Uspide: skied with some really nice people.

Dowside: a site that creaks and groans, yet is strangely addictive.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
achilles wrote:

What is wrong with it ? If you want a slow website try Natives.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
achilles,
Quote:

a site that creaks and groans

But there are some younger people posting sometimes Toofy Grin
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Boredsurfing, Laughing
snow report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
rjs wrote:
achilles wrote:

What is wrong with it ? If you want a slow website try Natives.

Just because one site's characteristics are damnable doesn't mean that pathetic is good. Toofy Grin
snow report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Just had a lovely bundle of kids thermals and gloves, from a friendly snowHead I've never met, for the price of the postage. snowHead snowHead snowHead

On the other hand, if I spent the time I spend on Snowheads doing some exercise I'd have the body of a goddess by now. Sad
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Went on ski holidays when I wouldn't have otherwise, met lots of great people, improved my skiing.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
A generous amount of advice
whisk in a pinch of abuse
with a dash of good humoured ribbing
a sprinkling of endless laughter
a helping of confusion over the length of some threads
a sprig of usless comments from a dutch man
baked with plenty of care and friendship and an incredible insight to the world of the Land Rover Owner
and a whole world of usless and usefull infromation I never knew
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Where do I start?

snowHeads has helped me achieve so much that would have been frustratingly slow otherwise. I've had six weeks on the slopes there's no way I would otherwise have had, not to mention fridge nights and barbeques, and met a whole stack of great people.

It has been my honour and privilege to be able to give something back by helping out with admin around the site, organising lessons on bashes and running fridge nights.

What's not to like?! snowHead
ski holidays
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Nothing to do with skiing, but some online company and friendly advice helped me through a very bleak period
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Boris, yup. Support here is good when you are down.
snow report
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Learned a huge amount and met, either virtually or actually, some exceptionally generous people, who've gone out of their way to help me, even though they don't know me from a bar of soap. There is no downside (apart from the addiction factor Embarassed ). If paulio, you don't like what you see, there's a very simple solution; and, on the way, you might like to ponder the difference between your reply and that of TallTone. Twisted Evil
ski holidays
I was just relieved to learn that there's a support group out there for other people whose lives are a little bit empty when they're not on snow.

There is a higher power and his name is Poma.
ski holidays
I only stay here for the attentions of all you hot women, Hurtle.
snow report
andyph wrote:
There is a higher power and his name is Poma.

Laughing Laughing Laughing
snow report
Upside
Have learnt a lot about skiing, much of it useful. wink
Those few snowHeads that I have met have added to the impression of a friendly site.

Downside
I do spend to much time browsing, though have successfully cut back a little of late.
ski holidays
All sort of useful advice. Great links to discounted shopping and a new group of friends to skiing/boarding with when my usual crew let me down last season.. In particular the guy in that group doing all the organising: the amount of work and patience he puts in is remarkable and makes my life a whole lot easier... Toofy Grin

Downside: very distracting at work..
ski holidays
Motivated me to ski even more.
Skied with some good people.
Even made a real friend (as opposed to my imaginary friends!).
snow report
Kruisler wrote:
All sort of useful advice. Great links to discounted shopping and a new group of friends to skiing/boarding with when my usual crew let me down last season.. In particular the guy in that group doing all the organising: the amount of work and patience he puts in is remarkable and makes my life a whole lot easier... Toofy Grin

I agree, he is quite incredible. Laughing
snow report
positive

I now know about the physics of inner tip lead? ...almost, anyone care to summarise?

negative

In abuse counselling I believe shs would be known as an enabler, helping me to justify that my ever expanding amount of kit and trips is in some way normal or desirable.
snow conditions
It is solely because of snowHeads and the brilliant instructors that I have been introduced to that I can now ski tidly down most stuff instead of being a knackered fat fool that fell down the mountain.
ski holidays
Lots of positives :
lots of help in planning trips etc
lots of help in selecting equipment / gadgets
lots of help and encouragemnet when deciding to start BASI stuff
meeting new friends

One negative :
ski related spending has spiralled, need to get that back in check.
ski holidays
Quote:

I can now ski tidly down most stuff instead of being a knackered fat fool that fell down the mountain.

you really ought not to be skiing after that many drinks, Frosty the Snowman.
snow report
I don't post much anymore..I have decided I have given enough

Laughing Laughing Laughing
ski holidays
Even more indescision when chosing where to head for, ever more trips per season, damn you all. Oh and a copy of "On The Piste"
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
masmith wrote:
Kruisler wrote:

I agree, he is quite incredible. Laughing

you know him as well? Toofy Grin
ski holidays
Oh and I would probably never have bothered skiing in Scotland without this place.

I think that's a pro.
ski holidays
Amongst the most useful results from snowHeads for me has been meeting Colin Martin aka CEM at www.solutions4feet.co.uk and having boots that fit comfortably for my skiing needs. (and socks!)
ski holidays
Met some great ski pals including snobunni who lives round the corner!

Good advice, especially regarding boots/equipment.

A fun drinking session in Nottingham and the first Hemel bash.

What's next? Laughing
snow report
rungsp wrote:
Motivated me to ski even more.
Skied with some good people.
Even made a real friend (as opposed to my imaginary friends!).

You made me blush.

What was the question again?

Snowheads lets me rant about punters with short skis that don't tip.
ski holidays
Wot TallTone said (minus the bit about admin... cos as everyone knows, I couldn't organise a p*ss up in a brewery) rolling eyes

The best thing for me has been the huge improvement in both my skiing and my social life. Not to mention the general support and laughs that go with everything on here. It's all about the people really, I'm constantly amazed that so many different people with varying ages, outlooks, backgrounds etc etc all get together and have such fun, whether that is in real life or on the site.

Downside: Increased spend and failing concentration levels at work, but I don't plan to change that any time soon Toofy Grin

Hurtle, Remind me... Pears or Imperial Leather? Laughing
snow report
My turn!!

What have I got from Snowheads - well I think has Snowheads has been responsible for changing my life. A set of events clicked into place when I started posting and discovered a group of people that didn't mind chatting to me. With encouragement my skiing life developed its own boots, then it developed a pair of brand new skis at one great deal via Admin's great contacts, then the greatest experience of my life, (bar having children), occured when I went to the 2008 EoSB. As a direct result of this holiday of a lifetime I finally developed the confidence to ski, the confidence to live my life, the confidence to kick the ex out and I met great guy who got me through one of the most difficult years of my life. I have also done more skiing than I would ever have imagined, and have had some great days out with my Snowhead friends - though not as many as I had planned to, but I will get some more in if I have any choice in the matter. Oh, and did I mention that I now think I stand a chance of finally skiing to my own satisfaction Very Happy .
ski holidays
Greatly improve my knowledge of the winter sport.

Educated me in terms of safety and made me aware of risks I would otherwise by ignorant of such as the dangers of off piste.
ski holidays
I found out what Sock Puppet means [I think] though am not so sure what a troll is yet.
I have found people I have never met have been very generous with advice and information, [and cleat bolts - thanks again nbt,
I have found that I want to maybe one day brave an EOSB
snow conditions
I don't think there are many downsides really, some of the arguments have got a bit personal and childish occasionally but thats amusing for the spectators.

It keeps me off Facebook.
ski holidays
I am however still undecided on powder traces... wink
latest report
Had the most sleep deprived weekend (PSB 07) since i was in the army Puzzled
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy