Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Oakley Crowbar goggles compatible with Giro helmets

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
In a rash moment of weakness I bought a pair of Terje Haakonsen Oakley Crowbar goggles from S&R - hell, they were in the sale and were crying out to be bought! wink

http://www.oakley.com/pd/4602

The guy in S&R assured me that they would be compatible with my Giro G10 helmet, but I was unable to check as my helmet is in Austria and S&R had no helmets in stock at the mo

Can someone reassure me that Crowbars work ok with Giro helmets (they look like they would) and that I've not been a silly boy rolling eyes

Ta!
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Sleipnir, I have a pair and they fit my Giro helmet.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Cheers Fogliettaz. Has anyone else any experience of using Oakley Crowbar goggles with a Giro (G10) helmet?
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
I have used them with a Giro Fuse (I realise that is not the same helmet as yours) and they worked great.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Hi all!

More by way of info for others, I finally got around to trying out my Oakley Crowbar goggles with my Giro G10 helmet and they fit a treat!! (the guy at S&R was not telling porkies). In fact they fit like a glove in the helmet opening, definitely will not a ‘gapper’ as you barely get a fag paper around the edge of the goggles and the helmet opening.....really really snug (and better than my Spy Soldier goggles).

A question for other Oakley wearers. Any recommendations in terms of lenses? The Terje Haakonsen Crowbars come with Black Iridium lenses which are fine for bright sunny days, but wouldn’t mind investing in some all round lenses. I have persimmon lenses in my Spy goggles and really like them. Not looking to shell out loads on some Iridium lenses, so what other options should I consider? Plus, any recommendations for getting Oakley lenses at reasonable prices?

Cheers!
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy