Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Would this be too tight (DIY bus transfer).

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Ryanair have a flight that gets into Milan Bergamo at 10.05 from Glasgow Prestwick. The terravision bus leaves Milan Bergamo airport at 10.35 to go to Selva val Gardena.

Now I know that airlines generally have the arrival times slightly later than they usually are, and also that Ryanair have a very quick turnaround time.

Would this be too tight by the time I collect my luggage and go through passport control?

Thanks
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Is there another bus you can get as this may be too tight Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Linds wrote:
Is there another bus you can get as this may be too tight Sad

The next bus is at 19.40!
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Do you have to book the bus or do you just get on it? In which case no problem if you do miss it but if you have to book in advance what about finding out if they have a left luggage and go into Milan for lunch and a walk round?
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I'd say too tight.

I have a proven record of missing transfers, and I usually allow loads more time than that.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
jb1970, if the flight's on time you might catch that bus if you knew exactly where to go and there wasn't a big immigration queue. But only if you were travelling without checked baggage. Otherwise, almost certainly not. Linds' suggestion is a good one.
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Linds wrote:
Do you have to book the bus or do you just get on it? In which case no problem if you do miss it but if you have to book in advance what about finding out if they have a left luggage and go into Milan for lunch and a walk round?

The terms and conditions say that, if I miss that coach, I can get onto the next one.

Its a shame really about the flights as the earlier coach would get me into Selva at 14.35 whereas the later coach would get me in at 23.30!
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
jb1970, if it's wheels down at 10:05 it'll be 10:25 before you reach the the arrivals exit
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
jb1970, how far is it? Maybe best to hire a car. I don't know that airport; in Geneva you can be on the street within 10 minutes of touch down (4 minutes in the case of Chambery). But only with no baggage.
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I've made the train station in Geneva airport twice in less than half an hour from plane landing with cases and skis so find out where to get the bus and be prepared to run for it as soon as you get your case.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
pam w, I've been to Bergamo twice. It is very quick if you don't have to pick up baggage, which we didnt have to. We just took hand luggage

Very short walk to the bus stops from immigration. Queues at immigration were pretty quick unlike at other Italian places such as Turin.
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
I have discounted Milan as a possible destination for getting to the slopes for this very reason - my flights did not dovetail with the bus schedule

It really does seem a bit tight for time though and no 'slack' at all !
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
There is a good chance the bus would not leave on time.
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I flew Ryanair into Lamezia & wanted to catch a Eurostar train that departed half an hour after landing. I decided that it couldn't be done & booked the next train 2 hours later.

We actually managed to get bags, go through immigration & get a taxi to the station all in time to change tickets & board the earlier train.

So it can be done, just don't rely on it.
ski holidays
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
jb1970 wrote:
Ryanair have a flight that gets into Milan Bergamo at 10.05 from Glasgow Prestwick. The terravision bus leaves Milan Bergamo airport at 10.35 to go to Selva val Gardena.

Now I know that airlines generally have the arrival times slightly later than they usually are, and also that Ryanair have a very quick turnaround time.

Would this be too tight by the time I collect my luggage and go through passport control?

Thanks

When we flew to Bergamo with Ryanair last September, it took us longer than that just to get through passport control. There were two flights arrived at the same time, but no proper queuing system.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy