Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

It's snowing!!!!

Poster: A snowHead
September has arrived in the Vanoise, the August heatwave appears to have finished, and this morning there is a light dusting on the Grand Bec...

Time to sharpen some edges I feel.
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
offpisteskiing, Is that particularly early snow for the alps or about par for the course.
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Megamum, it's not uncommon. Doesn't mean anything though in terms of what the snow will be like for this winter.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Megamum, Quite normal, there was snow down to about 2200m in July, just before the heatwave set in.
Likely there'll be plenty more dustings to come (& go), but hey, given that the 'once-upon-a-time-permanent' patches of snow had pretty much disappeared from the West face of the Grand Bec it is vaguely exciting to see some whiteness on there again. (To get an idea what I'm on about dig out the IGN map for the 3 Valleys and have a look at the size of the 3 glaciers on the west faces - they effectively no longer exist.. and the map is only 10 years old!).
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Snowing at top in Kaprun too, not that I'm webcam watching Embarassed
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Megamum, you can get snow down to quite low levels in any month - AFAIK there is absolutely NO connection between a few centimetres in September and a few metres in January.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
pam w, sadly not of me but to prove your point and one of my favorite photos put up on this site (think saxabar put it up but this photo)

Was taken on August 2nd 2007 at the spot where this webcam is.

http://www.lesarcs.com/Webcam-Arpette-GB-2420m.html

At 2,600m it can snow in Summer Cool
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
We've just started getting frost at night here in Central British Columbia.....we had a shower of sleet yesterday....it's coming.
snow conditions
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Skiff of snow on the Cairngorms this morning and a bit more coming tonight I believe - first snow of the season snowHead
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
http://www.tetongravity.com/forums/showthread.php?t=169833

Touch of snow at Targhee.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Blimey - that's no dusting !
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Looks nice. snowHead Until looking at that I had completely forgotten that I dreamt about snow last night. It's that time of year.
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It's been -2C and snowing here since Tuesday (according to Metcheck). Shame it's really been 14C.
Sunday's forecast is +13C and Heavy Snow !
latest report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Quote:

+13C and Heavy Snow

What wax do I need
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Snow in Scotland!

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/webcam/ptarmiganCamLarge.html

http://www.cairngormmountain.com/webcam/basestationCamLarge.html
snow conditions
woohoo, wonder if we will be the 1'st lift served skiing in europe again this year!!!
ski holidays
geeo wrote:
woohoo, wonder if we will be the 1'st lift served skiing in europe again this year!!!

Were you any year?
snow conditions
Wicked, thanks for posting that manicpb snowHead snowHead
ski holidays
Looks like the weather is going to break again and the snow could fall again in approx one weeks time

http://www.snow-forecast.com/maps/static/alps/3days

http://www.wetter.at/wetter/sport-freizeit/ski-wetter/oesterreich/salzburg/schmittenhoehe/
snow conditions
davidof,
Quote:

Were you any year?

Short Memory? last year 31'st october, the Lecht
latest report
geeo wrote:
davidof,
Quote:

Were you any year?

being pedantic your talking non glacial, whereas I suspect davidof is including glacial resorts.........
snow conditions
Nice snowy photo from Cairngorm included in this Scottish Sun newspaper article today snowHead
snow conditions
geeo wrote:
davidof,
Quote:

Were you any year?

Hmmm 1'st lift served skiing in europe? It wasn't even the first non-glacier lift served skiing in Europe I"m afraid.
ski holidays
No lifts open in Serre Che on 31st October last year, but this is the pic of the webcam http://www.chaletsdirect.com/resorts/reviews.asp?resort=Serre%20Chevalier . If it snows that hard this October, I won't make it to Les Deux-Alpes for a day on the glacier.
snow report
davidof wrote:
Hmmm 1'st lift served skiing in europe? It wasn't even the first non-glacier lift served skiing in Europe I"m afraid.

Which was and on what date?

Just so we can get our facts right! Little Angel
ski holidays
geeo wrote:
davidof,
Quote:

Were you any year?

IIRC, 7 Laux in France opened on Oct 30.
snow report
^ yeah thanks for confirming that Whitegold Very Happy

I actually worked that out just now by doing a search of last years posts and found a post by davidof mentioning that very resort - was also struck by how keen he appeared to be to deny the Scottish ski areas kudos for opening so early lol, seems his ardour hasn't abated in the intervening months Laughing

So, The Lecht, certainly the lowest resort in Europe (unless davidof has another candidate Razz ), was the second to open last year - not bad really!
ski holidays
I wasn't including glaciers, for obvious reasons, but didn't know 7 Laux was open on the 30th, gutted we only got 2'nd place...... maybe this year Shocked
ski holidays

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy