Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Snowboard vice

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Has anyone either made their own or bought snowboard vices for a bit of DIY waxing? I use two chairs, but it is difficult and could do with a more robust surface to work on. If you have either made one or bought one - what did you buy or make?
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
I'm thinking about getting these ones http://www.edgeandwax.co.uk/acatalog/FKS_Starfix_Snowboard_Vice.html
Previously I've just used a couple of B&Q saw horses
latest report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
I use a Black and Decker Workmate. If you are unfamiliar with them its just a portable diyers work bench, so it has a vice like arrangement and some other gizmos to keep planks of wood (or snowboards) in position. Have a look on ebay. There are some going fairly cheaply e.g. 25 quid. Or you could of course buy a new one.
If you don't have a waxing iron either an old clothes iron works well for me.
Also a good school ruler works better than any wax scraper as its 12 inches long so covers the whole width of a board and is far cheaper.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
croskemj, lean it against a wall. Alternatively in the corner between two walls works, the bindings will jam against each wall and hold it in place and if you're a couple of floors up the wax will fall down and blow away.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Thought this was gonna be about a couple of past it cops, wearing dodgy attire, strutting about in the mountains rolling eyes
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Surely this is vice-advice, or vice-versa advice on vice rolling eyes There, that's settled that!

I'll get my coat......... Sad
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
For skis I bought a pair of small ball socket vices with rubber protectors from Aldi for about a tenner and screwed them to my garage workbench. They are adjustable for angle and I've done snowboard edges with them also.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy