Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Your favourite piste?

Poster: A snowHead
name of the piste?
which resort?
what grading is the piste?

I'll start

Tabuc, Serre Chevalier. Black.

Last edited by Poster: A snowHead on Wed 2-09-09 13:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Mmm. Tricky. Depends on conditions. Maybe the Grand Couloir at Les Deux Alpes in good snow conditions. Black

Last edited by Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person on Wed 2-09-09 13:43; edited 1 time in total
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Marmotte, Les Gets, red.

oh edit, I have about four favourites but this is one of them...
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Pierre Blanches (7km long Cool)

La Plagne

Blue and Red
latest report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Jerusalem
St Martin de Bellville
Red

Tete Ronde
Val Thorens
Blue

Epaule du Charvet (just to look back up from the bottom)
Val D'Isere
Black
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Jerusalem - St Martin-de-Belleville

Sarrenne - ADH
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Corbalanche, Lez-Carroz, Black.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Jerusalem
St Martin de Bellville
Red

Suisses
Courchevel
Black

Sache
Tignes
Black

Peak To Creek
Whistler
Red
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Aiguille Rouge
Les Arcs
Black, then red

Great view from the top, 7km of fun, 2100m of vertical descent and a nice restaurant at the bottom Smile
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
My mind doesn't really work this way. It's the same if someone asks me my favourite colour, favourite piece of music - favourite anything, I suppose. It depends on my mood: and the present looms much larger than the past.
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
If the complete run is ever open when I am there, The Inferno (Black) from the top of the Schilthorn might qualify. The upper portions have quite delightful views.
ski holidays
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Alpe d'Huez
Rousses -> Chalets -> les Travers -> Vaujanette

OK so it's not a single piste but they run into eachother pretty smoothly and are a great burn if you get them clear. recommend hanging around at the top of Rousses at the end of the day until ski patrol force you to ski down (this assumes you are staying in Vaujany)
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
Well if you are doing favourite run of pistes together.

Mine has to be a choice of these two:

Yret (red) > Eychauda (blue) > tetras (blue) > Tabuc (black) Start point is the highest in Serre Chevalier at about 2700m with brilliant views of the Ecrin national park. The descent is over 1,000m back down to Monetier at 1500m.

Alternatively

Cibouit (black) > Tabuc (black) The cibouit is normally mogulled for the majority of its face. It starts at approx 2,500m and descends 1,000m.

The Tabuc piste is normally left ungroomed with a steep section with large moguls and has the feeling of being a very distance from the hustle and bustle of the lifts and ski resorts. Towards the end you cross a bridge in a narrow valley with views upto a glacier.
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
rob@rar wrote:
Aiguille Rouge
Les Arcs
Black, then red

oGreat view from the top, 7km of fun, 2100m of vertical descent and a nice restaurant at the bottom Smile
Top of my wannadoooooo list
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Point de vue
Argentiere
Black

Maurice Milloz
St Gervais
Red

For the views and for a blast respectively.

Last edited by Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name: on Wed 2-09-09 16:04; edited 1 time in total
ski holidays
Valfagehrjoch - Valgafehr
St. Anton
Red - Blue

First that comes to my mind, great for high speed carving.
latest report
rob@rar, Frosty the Snowman, only skied it 3 or 4 times (all in one week) but the Aig Rouge is a stunning skiing mountain
snow report
Parsenn at Klosters - fantastic run from top to village
latest report
Bellette, Les Arcs, Red

Perfect for motoring down when groomed and empty - plus the bits on either side are quite good for in an 'intro too off-piste' kind of a way.

Didn't we do this topic earlier in the year?
ski holidays
Agree with rob@rar,

Aiguille Rouge
Les Arcs
Black, then red
ski holidays
Another vote for Jerusalem from me. snowHead
ski holidays
Despite all my best intentions, I have yet to ski Tabuc in Serre che. My favourite piste there is the Cucumelle red which links Monetier to Villeneuve. Favourite ever has to be the Aguille Rouge, although I nearly chickened out at the top.
ski holidays
Marmottes
St Nicolas de Veroce
Red

and countless others in that neck of the woods.
latest report
Mayrhofen.
Run 7.
Red.

Beautiful view from the top, hugely wide open for the first half, winds through the trees at the bottom (after skiing past a ski hut which always has comical oompah music blaring out) Plus it's a pretty long run, and never seems to get very busy.
latest report
Actually, I meant

Nikkis Stadl, Ischgl, Austria.

That's my favourite place to get piste. Madeye-Smiley
snow conditions
Not a piste but rather the back of the Cresta Youla in Coumayeur for its bowls, trees, gullies even the ski through the old empty buildings. Great apart from the 2km skate at the end.
ski holidays
bertie bassett wrote:
Bellette, Les Arcs, Red

I agree, but turning off down Rhodos & going back down to Grizzli Very Happy Usually fairly peaceful Very Happy

I also agree with rob@rar though, about Aguille Rouge - but with the proviso that conditions are good wink
ski holidays
kiwi1, that's cheating wink Off-piste opens a whole new list. Very Happy
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
Triftji / Platten - Zermatt - Itinerary route, probably black turning to red. 1000m vertical of bumps, powder, views, endless variations of route possible. See the thread on knees though rolling eyes
snow conditions
Stop the Brutal Grooming

But if I have to comment . Toofy Grin

Bushwacker Black Diamond Telluride, Colorado
Black Piste 10 Sonnenkopf , Austria
Big Horn Basin Black Diamond Norquay, Canada
snow report
Jockeys
La Tania
Black

And lots of others!
snow conditions
Dav, yup. Gerent is a great hill, and the black straight down the side of it is worth a go as well, as although it is straight, it is also narrow, mogulled, and technical in places.

Also the run from the top of Zauchensee back to Flachauwinkel in the Ski Amade - long, easy red for most of the way, but a scary black ski way at the top to keep you on your toes.
ski holidays
Good ones Christopher, . Have only managed Tabuc once in all our years at Serre Che - it is magical at the end though. [Am preferentially forgetting the cow sized moguls].

Lievre Blanc [as was, now Melezone]
Serre Che
Red

Nice twisty turny, lumpy, narrowish through the trees. And DEAD quiet, cos everyone is motorwaying down the easy bit of the black run [Luc Alphand] that goes alongside. I have truly seen my skiing evolve over the years on this little short piste. snowHead

Aiguille Rouge does come a close second [agree on the bottle testing start off Helen Beaumont, ]
snow report
achilles, good point. Then it would be the Black Magic and Wizards off the far west T bar, Whakapapa NZ
snow report
ousekjarr wrote:
Dav, yup. Gerent is a great hill, and the black straight down the side of it is worth a go as well, as although it is straight, it is also narrow, mogulled, and technical in places.

Also the run from the top of Zauchensee back to Flachauwinkel in the Ski Amade - long, easy red for most of the way, but a scary black ski way at the top to keep you on your toes.

Yup it is a steep one, and usually ungroomed. I have looked at it, but usually whip round the blue and the kids kindly wait at the bottom for me after having caned the black.
ski holidays
Dav wrote:
Mayrhofen.
Run 7.
Red.

Beautiful view from the top, hugely wide open for the first half, winds through the trees at the bottom (after skiing past a ski hut which always has comical oompah music blaring out) Plus it's a pretty long run, and never seems to get very busy.

Was about to say the same run. Its pretty good to blast down. With a cheeky drink at the bottom. wink
ski holidays
Aiguille Rouge, swiftly followed by a Mutzig at la Ferme wink
snow conditions
Nice to see the Aiguille Rouge getting the recognition it deserves Smile

Another piste, although more accurately described as a natural fun zone, is Malgovert (red) in Les Arcs. Never pisted because the terrain is so hummocky and wild that you couldn't get a piste basher down it. It has a huge 'grin factor' especially in fresh snow. Loads of natural jumps, bumps, drop-offs, up 'n' downs, etc. Only drawback is that it's over too quickly, but you can finish Malgovert than head straight into the Mt Blanc forest for some tight skiing in the trees.
ski holidays
Righto, is it winter yet?

What's that long sweepy red under the Derby Chair at Les Arcs? That's a beautiful bit of piste. The views, the immediate access to great tree fun bits, the short lift queue, the fact that pretty much everyone from mach 10 loonies to confident beginners can ski it and enjoy it.

Otherwise Star Trek/Waterfall, Sunshine Village: Single Black - my perfect breakfast.
snow report
Cunners, that will be Belete, given an honourable mention by bertie bassett above. You're right about the tree skiing either side of it. Loads of short, fun pitches through the trees with no danger of getting lost, dropping off a cliff or getting hit by avalanches. Sweet Smile
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy