Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Tignes Lift Pass

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Pretty sure the last time I went to Tignes, I got the last 2 hours of the day before the first full day of my lift pass for free (if that makes sense) anyone who has been recently know if this is still the case.

Should be arriving in resort for around 1ish if flights and transfers go to plan, so just about enough time to have a few trips up the funiculare to find my ski legs.

If you don't get the free couple of hours I will book my lift pass via TO and let them do the queing in exchange for the even more abismal rate than normal they give you for your pound on the transfer bus.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Kel
Never heard of that - but if it's not the case there are free lifts at Le Lac & Val Claret. All are short (in Espace Killy terms) and serve gentle runs. Not fantastic but great for a few warm up runs on arrival day - and lots better than an indoor snow slope.

Failing that, a 1pm arrival is more than enough time to stick your hand in your pocket and shell out for a decent half day's skiing Toofy Grin - some lifts will be open until 5pm-ish.
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Kel, you are correct it used to be (seem to think it was from 3pm and I got a load in the couple of times I did it!). But not sure whether still the case the last two times I was in Tignes I had my now 8 year old daughter in tow so the free lifts in Le Lac were more than enough for the first afternoon. Having said all that I believe that withn the advent of hands free the option may have gone.
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
mountainaddict, Trust me if I am actually there for 1pm I wont be hanging about for the reps welcome meeting and the complimentary glass of Vin Chaud. In reality it's more likely to be around 3pm before I am able to hit the slopes, so if I can go for free that's what I will be doing and I wasn't imagining it, just been talking to a mate who I went with 4 years ago and he also remembers that we got the last 2 hours of the previous day for free with a 6 day pass, as we found this out when we went to buy the passes.

But that was 4 years ago, no big deal if we are early will buy the passes in resort and be prepared to pay for the half day, if we are late will leave it to the rep.

BTW couldn't be arsed getting my boots on for the free lifts, would sooner go to the welcome meeting and get my free glass of vin chaud wink
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Kel, Have you got a Carte Tignes already ? I think that I got sent a voucher with mine last season to get a free half day before the start of a paid for week.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
rjs, No I haven't and thats a thought, could always get one online and top up when I get there, you never know I might get the same voucher you got.
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Im sure there is 4 free lifts anyway.

2 in Val Claret and 2 in Le Lac area.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
stevew,
Cheers steve that answers my Q, so basically if time allows I will buy a half day pass instead of getting the last 2 hours of the day before of my 1st day of a 6 day pass for free.Renry yes but I want to go skiing, what they provide is about the same as a trip to CFe which is on my doorstep, but thanks anyway.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Kel, sorry m8, i thought you where just after a taster for an hour or so when you get sorted.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy