Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Has ski hire for 09-10 gone up by 50%?

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Just got a few prices and it looks to me like it has. I normally budget 100 euros for boot and ski hire - looks more like 150 for coming season? Any cost saving suggestions - my trips are St anton and probably Grand Massif.
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
kewhoward,
Really not being flippant, but if you make 2 trips (St Anton and GM) you could buy a not too bad set for the same cost.
€150 does seem to a crazy price. Though must admit to having never rented any ski gear since the 1980's so not too sure on that, but from what I've heard, you should be able to get some cheaper than that.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
kewhoward, St Anton and Lech wher 150-175 for Premium skis last year so no real increase there from what I can see.
snow conditions
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
kewhoward, buy. Should be no choice about that for boots, BTW. Then travel by train or car. Simples.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
kewhoward, it's one of these things that seems to vary greatly from resort to resort. I'm going to La Thuile in March and that's looking like €70 for six days for premium skis only (I have my own boots). That's no different to what I paid in Courmayeur (neighbouring resort) last season, although I wouldn't have described the skis as 'premium'. I'd love to have my own skis but with the extra £30 it costs to take them by air (not to mention carrying everything myself) it's not really worth it.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Rates we are getting quoted by ski hire firms are frozen at last year's levels. Be very surprised if anyone is trying to push through a 50% hike....
ski holidays
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
it seems (and from previous threads too) that ski hire may be one of the items that are generally more expensive in Austria than in France.
latest report
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
try snowrental.net
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
kewhoward,Lech, Zurs adn Anton are probably the 3 most expensive plaes in Austria to rent skis. Try contacting the shops directly by mail and mention where you are staying to try and get a better rate

pam w, Ski Hire for Premium skis in Mayrhofen €90 for a week, Ski Hire in Lech €175 for a week both Austrian Resorts but with huge price diffrence! a rule its about €90 for Premium skis only Rental in Austra but the allberg resorts are very expensive for higher but the rental kit tends to be very good.
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Fattes13 wrote:
kewhoward,Lech, Zurs adn Anton are probably the 3 most expensive plaes in Austria to rent skis.

Depends who you know. I can manage €120 for around 4 weeks Very Happy
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
In Andorra, our suppliers have held their prices. We're giving 30% off resort prices on all rentals in the resorts we cover, which means we have ski and boot hire for six days starting at €48.30!!

Steve
snow conditions
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
Thanks everybody for the feedback - I do own my own boots but the rest of the family don't. Perhaps I over-reacted at seeing the price in St Anton - looks like it's right at the top of the range.

I haven't bought skis because I've never worked out what I really like, but I am rethinking that at the moment having seen the St Anton prices!

pam w, Thanks for pointing that out - I'd missed that when reading all the threads on Austrian superiority!

boardiac, thanks - but that was where the quote of 157 euros came from - suggesting that was a 13% discount.

stanton, there are at least 16 in my group coming to St Anton during uk 1/2 term - 14th to 21st Feb - any of those "who you know" interested or will they all be rented out at full retail price anyway?
snow conditions
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
kewhoward, I paid €150 last season in St Anton, so hate to think what they are now. You could hire in the UK try Edge2Edge Confused
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
due to the high cost of rental in Wengen last year some friends rented in the UK ( http://www.ctski.co.uk/Hire/skis.htm ) - despite the hassle of lugging them around and paying 2 x ski carriage they saved a considerable amount. Maybe worthy of consideration, esp if you are renting for a whole family ??
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy