Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Flights to Chambery

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Anyone know who flies there from stansted/luton other than snowjet ?

Seem flippin expensive at £160 retn for march 2010
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
looking at skyscanner.net, nobody else does those routes.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
fuego, They are the only ones, or flybe from Norwich, if your looking south of Birmingham / north London. www.chamberyairport.net/Airlines/
ski holidays
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
blame the labour government - most of your £160 is tax
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Quote:

blame the labour government

you can blame them if you get rubbish snow, too. Or black toenails.
snow conditions
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Quote:

I'm almost misty eyed as I recall the halcyon days of tax-free living under Thatcher, Major et al. And I'm really excited when I think of the tax-free flights that we'll get under Cameron's crew rolling eyes.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Friend of mine booked our flights from Manchester to Champery for 9th January 2010.

We paid £120 including ski carriage. Offer ended though on 31st August 2009. SORRY Sad

I thought a good bargin and although we didn't book through Thomsons they are a Thomson flight.

Found out today that Airport tax's are going up again in November so deal is looking very good.

B.T.W becuase we are travelling independently if the flight gets diverted from Champery to say Lyon due to bad whether which is always a possibility with Champery Airport. what come back have we on our transfer taxi.

Obviously our existing agreement with Taxi firm is from Champery to Valmorel. Can we claim for extra charge off our insurance and also will Taxi Firm automatically divert to Lyon.
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Super Eagle, Congratulations on finding flights to Champery... that may be an interesting landing.... Toofy Grin Wink

fuego, given that unless you are in a RJ100 or a BAE 146 you stand a high chance of a divert to Lyons or Geneva, Chamberry may not be best for independent booking as Super Eagle alludes to.
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
stoatsbrother, I spelt it the French way Laughing Laughing Laughing Embarassed Embarassed

You're obviously reading it in English. Toofy Grin Toofy Grin

Anyway it's a poor mind that can only think of one way of spelling a word Blush Blush
ski holidays
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
I work for an airline that flies into Chambery, and have flown a variety of approaches, landings and emergencies in the simulator. There seems to be an unspoken rule among the pilots that if you survive Chambery 3 times you don't have to got there again Shocked . Nowhere else in the world has directions for the pilots which go along the lines of 'follow the motorway and turn right at the supermarket.....'

Not an easy place to get into or out of in an aeroplane, and a good chance of a diversion.
snow conditions
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
fuego wrote:
Anyone know who flies there from stansted/luton other than snowjet ?

Seem flippin expensive at £160 retn for march 2010

The headline bargain fares from no-frills airlines have given you ridiculously unrealistic expectations, if you think £160 return is "flippin expensive".

Even 15 years ago, you would not have got anything like that low a price. From anywhere in the UK to anywhere in Europe.

Yes, you can nowadays often get cheaper than that, but only if you pick a relatively unpopular route, or manage to book at just the right time.
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
mountainaddict wrote:
Quote:

I'm almost misty eyed as I recall the halcyon days of tax-free living under Thatcher, Major et al. And I'm really excited when I think of the tax-free flights that we'll get under Cameron's crew rolling eyes.

I'm misty-eyed when I recall the taxation increases under Labour (and that link only shows the damage up to 2007).
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
pandora, Shocked Thanks for that. I think.... and adding to the technical problems is the fact that it's France, which means more likelihood of disruption due to industrial action than flying into Geneva.

However, on a nice quiet Thursday, you absolutely can't beat Chambery. Switching on the car engine, in a free car park, within 5 minutes of disembarking. And that supermarket is very handy if you're self catering. wink

Personally I wouldn't bother with Chambery on a weekend. The only time we were ever routed in there with a TO we ended up somewhere else - and that was having been diverted from our original airport of departure because of fog in the UK.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy