Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New boots? Salomon impact 10's.........

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360183746527&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT on th market for some boots and come across these bad boys on the bay, skied in the previous model last year and really liked them, so know the boot/size is cool but will need a shop willing to fit/mould them and get some insoles any recommendations for fitting, realise that not all shops will be prepared to offer this service as i am not buying from them but guessing most shops would for a charge/purchase of inners. so can any snowheads out there recommend me a shop in or around hertfordshire/london area?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Swell, I think I have the girlie version of those, Salomon Idol and I'm finding them to be a very good boot. Mine are still very tight and I'm not sure how comfortable yet. but I've only used them twice. I'm hoping they will soon pack out enough for me to fit my footbeds in.

With regards to bootfitting, you're not that far from our very own CEM in Bicester in Oxfordshire. The only thing I'm wondering is if the ebay sellers have a returns policy in case these boots don't turn out to be suitable for you? I made the mistake of buying the wrong boots online and will now have to sell them again (before I bought the Idols through a reputable bootfitter). A shell check is essential. Again. CEM will be able to offer you professional advice.
snow conditions
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
yes they will take them back, tried this exact boot in snow and rock yesterday at hemel for reassurance think they where £280 so its a massive saving for me, would be good to hear CEM's opinion and i could definitely venture up to Bicester for fitting if available!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Swell, www.solutions4feet.com is CEMs website. Do call first as he works by appointment. He makes excellent footbeds and stocks a number of brands. As well as been a boot fitter he is a pedorthist so can really advise you on whats the best foot bed.
He can mould the liners for you too.

Be warned if the boot is not right for you there is not much a boot fitter can do with it especially if it is too big. CEM will tell you if you have the right boot for your foot shape and if it is properly sized. The shell check is the key to determining if the boot is the right size.

The impact 10 are a good boot I use them and like them. I did get some post purchase work done to them by CEM and got allignment by Andi McCann at CEM's shop.
The main modification was the addition of a Booster strap in place of the normal power strap. CEM cut the top of the shell so I could wrap this around the liner rather than the shell. This was a superb upgrade and made the boots more responsive and better fitting around the shin.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Swell, If they will take em back your on a no loose. Go to CEM if they are the right boot for you he will do your footbeds and you will be happy for ever. If not he will tell you what would be a better boot for you then get that boot he can do your foot beds and then you will be happy for ever.
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Swell, I use these to teach in and love them if they are the right boot for you go nuts
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy