Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Vancouver avoiding the Olympics

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
With friends having emigrated to Vancouver last year, too good an opportunity not to go and visit this Winter. However we decided to avoid the Olympics as my wife has no interest in skiing and they were bound to affect the cost of flights. So flying out on 27th Feb and back 10 days later, just catching the closing ceremony of the main event and back before the Paralympics.

Now need to think about getting away for a couple of days skiing while I'm there. Whistler is my preferred place but not sure about getting there by public transport and possibly staying there for a night. Anyone here been there for a couple of days skiing?
Alternatively there are a couple of mountains overlooking the city but again not sure about accessability nor the amount of skiing available up there. Either way I still expect the areas to be affected by the Olympic "sandwich".

Any advice on the city or skiing gratefully accepted. I have been to both Whistler and Vancouver before but it was basically the usual travel agent arranged couple of weeks skiing in Whistler.
snow conditions
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Pistes or not? If not Mt Baker sarf of the border provided El Nino hasn't been too cruel. Might be decent hotel deals between Olympic & Paralympic void period in Whistler though (pure guess)
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
there is a Greyhound bus from Vancouver to Whistler - don't know exact times but there are certainly a few every day. takes about 2 hours. i have taken an early and managed to get a reasonable amount of skiing in on the same day.

with a car you can do a day trip but it is quite a long day

they have supposedly put in a rail link in time for the olympics but don't know too much about that
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Cymru am Byth, For the local hills:

Grouse will be closed for the Olympics.

Seymour, Cypress, Hemlock & Manning should be OK for a days skiing.

x2 for Baker.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy