Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Not booked yet but I really quite fancy.....

Poster: A snowHead
Due to rugby committments I am really struggling to get full weeks in. The kredit kerrrrunch means that a family break during school hols is out.

So, I really fancy a long weekend featuring a trip back to the Ski Amade..... but flights are proving a problem to Salzburg from da North. Thomsonfly have not yet released ski flights to Salzburg and they were our only option for a short break last year

A 5/6 night break back to the 3v but on a budget....we have a place in mind just outside St Martin Very Happy Good flights from Newcastle, hire car and drive to the slopes each morning. The current car rental charges being the only bummer

So where are you fancying, what are your issues and problems?
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Frosty the Snowman, I fancying loads of trips but the crunch means that I will book closer to the time rather than now, just in case I can not go on the trip.

I will be aiming at Austria, would fancy Ski Amade as a 'new region' for me, plus also looking at convenient 'dash and spalsh' short trips to other convenient ski related airports such as Innsbruck and Geneva. Unless I can get a cheap deal the French mega resorts will be off the list although I may well look at smaller/cheaper less Brit/touristy ski areas - Serre Chev is some where I would like to try (not saying it is small/cheap though !).

I suppose I will be a bit more discerning when booking up this year and not necessarily go for the easy Tignes/Val/VT/L2A/Cham/PDS options ........ the snow is better in Austria any way Little Angel
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

I'd like to go back to Ischgl, a group of us went there for a mate's stag do in March and had a hoot. But I suspect the wives/gfs won't allow a return visit.

Apart from that I'm seriously considering somehow living in the Alps for the winter. I work from home 99.9% of the time so I reckon it shouldn't
really matter where 'home' happens to be. I have the option of going part time or working my 37 hour week in four days instead of five, so I
could get 3 days skiing per week. I guess the biggest issue is me actually getting around to doing something about it!
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
Quote:

Serre Chev is some where I would like to try

It's fab, I'd like to go back there this coming season.
snow conditions
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Already booked for Megève (early Jan) and Steamboat (early March).
snow report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
Frosty the Snowman, Ski Amade from up North ? Have a look at Lufthansa from Manchester to Munich - we managed to get sub £100 return flights and given that ski carriage is included this is pretty darn good. Not quite as convenient as Salzburg admitted, but definitely within reach.
snow conditions
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
masmith, We would be as well driving to Stansted for a Salzburg flight. The beauty of Ski Amade is that we can stay within 40 minutes of Salzburg airport. With good flight times it can add a day and a halfs skiing to a short break.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
Looking to do JH in January - and possibly Snowbird in march/april.

?? VdI in December or EOSB? (S6BB may be when I go to JH)

laundryman, two nice places I hope to return to.
latest report
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
I've heard good things of Ski Amade and as I am going to be living in Vienna temporarily from October 1st think I will be giving either that or Zillertal region a go... snowHead
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
All I ask for, for the next season or two, is not nothing.
snow report
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
Frosty the Snowman, fair enuf ... the Lufthansa flights btw, get you to Munich for 10am and don't leave again until 21:25 so that extra day and a half can still be eeeked out Very Happy

Quote:

Ischgl first w/end in December - issues : flights from 'da North' outside "ski season" - having to drive 2.5 hrs to H'row, then 2.5 hrs from Zurich to resort (but worth it)
Kitz last w/end in January - issues : weekend only accomm for a group of 12+ ... nigh on impossible but fell lucky with a nice (well we hope so) little pension ; and flights from up North, but again fell lucky with the Lufthansa option
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
We've also ditched the half term trip. Prices are up, exchange rates bad and the sproggs said they weren't bothered Shocked

With the money I've saved I'm off to La Tania in Jan, Japan in Feb and having a long weekend in March - and I'll still have change!!
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
I have booked and paid for two trips including the half term family jaunt .... (Flaine and Chamrousse) how organised am I ..... I have even saved the spending money in a seperate account for both trips Toofy Grin ..... in case i get made redundant rolling eyes ...... we can all still Go Toofy Grin Toofy Grin Toofy Grin
snow report
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
i got some blood capsules i can let you have, get you outta them rugby commitments wink
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
barry, Laughing Laughing excellent
ski holidays
barry,
Laughing
FTS is a coach....that's 3 years free of commitments then! Toofy Grin
snow report
dude, if you're the coach then get a rugby tour organised with some skiing thrown in! how brilliant would that be!
ski holidays
Rugski ?
snow report
barry wrote:
dude, if you're the coach then get a rugby tour organised with some skiing thrown in! how brilliant would that be!

Or even better - rugby on snow...

ski holidays
Didn't one of the Kennedy kids kill himself by skiing into a tree while throwing a (oval) football around?
snow report
bertie bassett wrote:
barry wrote:

Or even better - rugby on snow...

There's always the Cricket on Ice and the polo on snow in St Moritz
latest report
laundryman wrote:
Didn't one of the Kennedy kids kill himself by ....... (oval) football around?
Always a probabilty with that lot. If I recall correctly believe he was filming the on piste game.

His last words as he filmed - "What are you all point.....?"
snow report
Frosty the Snowman, Laughing
snow conditions
Frosty the Snowman, hospital pass eh ! Shocked Very Happy
snow report
Fancying: End of season bash
Problem: Unemployment
Confused
snow conditions
Solution: Get job Toofy Grin
snow report
Already booked La Thuile for March and already saved the money so that's sorted bar a major disaster.

But I also fancy the EOSB. Problem there would be saving even more money and getting another week off work.

I also fancy a new ski suit. The old stuff does not complement my new boots. Snigger... Laughing
latest report
Booked for St Gervais with family and friends in January, but also trying to fit in a long weekend in either La Tania or Samoens - time is the thing though Sad Will have to wait until nearer the time to seehow things are
snow conditions
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
I'm hoping to go skiing somewhere over Christmas
latest report
Fancying VT in a posh hotel with the kids for a week - problem lack of funds!!
snow report
anything, anything!!!!!

Hopefully, finances sorted Sept/Oct and it will be one long holiday booking fest! snowHead
snow conditions
eng_ch wrote:
There's always the Cricket on Ice and the polo on snow in St Moritz

Is there a "celebrity" edition if so I am sure my wife watches that on ITV3

As for the coming season... we're thinking of booking flights to Salzburg (for 3 night stay in Jan) and then see what the season brings! Good snow we go low and pretty, not's so good snow we head to the hills...
snow report
arv, I'm trying, trust me! TV aint easy to get into, if I don't have a sniff of a job in a couple of months I'm gonna look for a normal job.
latest report
queen bodecia wrote:
Already booked La Thuile for March and already saved the money so that's sorted bar a major disaster.

But I also fancy the EoSB. Problem there would be saving even more money and getting another week off work.

I also fancy a new ski suit. The old stuff does not complement my new boots. Snigger... Laughing
I have spent FAR more on skiing than I ever did pre-snowHeads. It has that effect! rolling eyes
latest report
Rose Byrne (Damages)
Yvonne Strahovski (Chuck)
Anna Fowler (Challenge Jackpot)

Last edited by Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do. on Thu 27-08-09 22:30; edited 1 time in total
latest report
crazy_skier_jules wrote:
arv, I'm trying, trust me! TV aint easy to get into, if I don't have a sniff of a job in a couple of months I'm gonna look for a normal job.

why wait - if you can get a "normal" job now then you'll have more pennies, shirley Puzzled
snow conditions
crazy_skier_jules wrote:

best do a "normal" job while you are lokking in my opinion. Do you get unemployment benefit if you are choosy about jobs?
snow report
Quote:

best do a "normal" job while you are lokking in my opinion

agreed. It comes across far better at interviews and on your application forms and can be used as evidence of drive, determination and adaptability. But even "normal" jobs can be hard to find at the moment.

I am lucky, being retired and with our own apartment, in not having financial impediments to spending much of the season in the Alps (season passes are cheap and it costs no more to live there than to live here). But our plans will be affected by various family and health considerations. We have a family party planned for Christmas - vital introduction to the snow for grandchildren aged 3 and 6 - and daughter expecting first baby in February, which might affect plans for the second half of the season.
ski holidays
crazy_skier_jules, Videographer/editor for a ski coaching business? Work a deal for room & board? Keep your cv relevant, 2 birds 1 stone and always a chance some meeja big cheese will be on one of the courses. At the very least you'd work up a decent showreel.
snow report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy