Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

New Year on the snow - best party

Poster: A snowHead
Looking at a trip for New Year.

Any suggestions for where does the best party.

First that comes to mind is Tignes, any more to add to the short list.
snow report
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Think it may be "who" you're with, not "where" you are. Anywhere will do as long as you're with the right crowd.
We run trips over new year, as do all TO's, and I have noticed that some people seem to always have a fun time where ever they are.
Mind you I have to teach a class at 9am on 1st Jan so not too much for me Sad
ski holidays
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Quote:

teach a class at 9am on 1st Jan

At least its the last lesson of the week, and providing they've had as much fun as you they won't notice wink
latest report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
Agreed with that Wayne.

Maybe the question should have been.

I like a good open air party, with a band or DJ playing and a big crowd.
Tignes has that, are there any more resorts that do this sort of entertainment, in an Austrian "snowbombing" style.
snow report
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Dek, How old are you and what constitutes a best party? Our preference is a secluded refuge at 3,000m with a select bunch of friends, donkey stew and an early start the next morning.
latest report
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
Austria without a doubt. St Anton being top however booking over New Year is very difficult because of the number of regulars who return year after
year .

http://youtube.com/v/HcD1qeu04sk

http://youtube.com/v/6iV7y-SptHI

Last edited by You'll need to Register first of course. on Thu 27-08-09 9:49; edited 1 time in total
snow report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
I was in Zermatt last year which reputedly has a good New Year scene and a whopper of a fireworks display.

However, we were so knackered after a punishing day learning to snowboard, that we fell asleep at 8pm and didn't wake up until morning.

So unfortunately I can't actually tell you whether what I claim is true or not.
ski holidays
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
under a new name,
Quote:

How old are you

In the head - or the body = about 19 - with a body not young enough to keep up Shocked

Party as described above, but preferably without the donkey`s (or is that another thread entirely)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
Verbier does the open air, DJ, fireworks thing too.
Quite the party...
snow report
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
Mountain Haddock wrote:
At least its the last lesson of the week, and providing they've had as much fun as you they won't notice wink

We have to do the Tourch Light whizz on new year's eve to keep to tourists happy. Lifts close @ 4.45pm and so we are "forced" to sit in the pub halfway down till it's time to slide down (not going to calling it skiing after that long in the pub)
V fast,
V steep,
V close,
V scarey,
V omg,
V grappa,
V Madeye-Smiley
ski holidays
 snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
snowHeads are a friendly bunch.
My most recent NY was in Wengen. Fondue in Cafe Allmend, toboggan back down in the dark, street party for NY itself, followed by very cheesy, crowded and hot disco!
snow report
 And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
And love to help out and answer questions and of course, read each other's snow reports.
i think verbier or st anton are the places to go if you're looking for 19-year old type all night parties with loads of alcohol
snow report
 So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
So if you're just off somewhere snowy come back and post a snow report of your own and we'll all love you very much
It doesnt have to be all night party
Head of 19 year old without the body to carry it off as that is quite a bit older.
Just want to go somewhere that has something good organised, and not just stuff put on by workers that are less than happy being forced into providing entertainment.

I think the resorts that stand out seem to be the usual suspects.

That said, the better they are the less likely it is to get good place to stay - as I dont have the ability to plan too far in advance due to work it makes it a bit harder.

beanie1, I think me and Stu will make it back out to Tux for a season livener. 1 night in the Hoenhaus will finish me off........ NehNeh
ski holidays
 You know it makes sense.
You know it makes sense.
We were in Chamonix two years ago for New Years, and a good party it certainly was.

Midnight at the town square with lots of fireworks. Bar-hopping before was good, but after most places had extortinate cover charges so we called it a night around 1:00.

I'd recommend it.
snow conditions
 Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Otherwise you'll just go on seeing the one name:
Dek, wish I could go too, bit far to come from HK though. Sad
ski holidays
We've been away for the last 4 new years- Kitzbuehel was good craic, and they have the fireworks on the 1st which is good, Bad Gastein was good too- we also fell asleep on one new years after long days and a bit too much apre- to be woken at 12.10am by the fireworks Laughing
Ischgl is a serious party spot all season and was pretty cool for new years eve!
ski holidays
Cheers all
First thought is that a trip to the snow at New Year will be good wherever it is, so I do have a few ideas now.

Staying at home seems to have turned into not as much fun as it used to be.
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy