Ski Club 2.0 Home
Snow Reports
FAQFAQ

Mail for help.Help!!

Log in to snowHeads to make it MUCH better! Registration's totally free, of course, and makes snowHeads easier to use and to understand, gives better searching, filtering etc. as well as access to 'members only' forums, discounts and deals that U don't even know exist as a 'guest' user. (btw. 50,000+ snowHeads already know all this, making snowHeads the biggest, most active community of snow-heads in the UK, so you'll be in good company)..... When you register, you get our free weekly(-ish) snow report by email. It's rather good and not made up by tourist offices (or people that love the tourist office and want to marry it either)... We don't share your email address with anyone and we never send out any of those cheesy 'message from our partners' emails either. Anyway, snowHeads really is MUCH better when you're logged in - not least because you get to post your own messages complaining about things that annoy you like perhaps this banner which, incidentally, disappears when you log in :-)
Username:-
 Password:
Remember me:
👁 durr, I forgot...
Or: Register
(to be a proper snow-head, all official-like!)

Wanna join thRee Rowdy Romanians in St Anton - end of Jan? (offpiste)

Poster: A snowHead
Poster: A snowHead
Together with a couple of friends, I'm trying to organise a one-week offpiste group in St Anton, probably in the last week of January. We're Romanians but sprinkled across Europe and reasonably civilised so we promise not to drink your blood or anything like that.

We're all mid-thirties, like a drink or two in the evening as long as we still start early the next day (so not REALLY rowdy after all).

The plan is to get a guide for the week. Now the three of us could just join a Piste to Powder group, but those tend to be expensive, so we're looking at options and at widening our group so we could have a good guide to ourselves.

Our standard of skiing is around Snow & Rock 7-9, or SCGB Purple-Gold.

One of us is also a pretty decent photographer, and keen to take good pics of the group members.

If anyone is looking to join a group of that standard, let me know. Alternatively, if someone is looking for bodies to fill up a similar-level group elsewhere, we can look at it (subject to other ski weeks already committed of course).

(snowball, I of course know about the St A trip you're considering, but it's a little late in the season for us).
ski holidays
 Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
Obviously A snowHead isn't a real person
will there be Romanian folk songs?
snow report
 Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Well, the person's real but it's just a made up name, see?
Arno, but of course, and if you get unlucky it will be me singing them! wink
snow report
 You need to Login to know who's really who.
You need to Login to know who's really who.
What's the plan, slackcountry or full on lift assisted tours?

(i.e. will my lardy ass get dropped immediately)
ski holidays
 Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
Anyway, snowHeads is much more fun if you do.
I am based in St.Anton and could help you to organise a very good fully qualified independant instructor / guide - cost is around 225 per day.... I also have apartments in a great position opposite the galzigbahn..... if you are interested; sidneyreillyinstanton@hotmail.com

Cheers
Sidney
ski holidays
 You'll need to Register first of course.
You'll need to Register first of course.
fatbob, slackcountry I guess. Interested?

One of us (the photo guy) is not yet a full-blown touring addict. He WILL be by the end of the winter, but he doesn't know it yet.

sidneyreilly, that sounds very interesting. I'll email/PM you.
latest report
 Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
Then you can post your own questions or snow reports...
horizon, I could well be interested in this as I am short on my usual partners this winter due to babies/honeymoon etc Crying or Very sad
I have also neve been to St Anton.

Would you take a member of the darkside though.....
snow conditions
 After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
After all it is free Go on u know u want to!
horizon wrote:
Our standard of skiing is around Snow & Rock 7-9, or SCGB Purple-Gold.

What does that mean ? (sorry not up on this stuff)
ski holidays
 You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
You'll get to see more forums and be part of the best ski club on the net.
norris, I have no problem with snowboarders - and I've seen your pics, I think you can board as good as or better than any of us skis. One of the other two keeps poking fun at darksiders but I never know if he really means it or not. What about touring though? Would you use a splitboard or walk?

Wayne, here's the SCGB chart of levels. Every time I read it I think I'm at purple level, but having skied with a number of SCGB people they tell me I would be ranked at gold level. I'm fine with this as long as the SCGB scale is applied to pure amateurs - there are more serious freeriders out there. One of my friends is more likely to be at purple level.

http://www.skiclub.co.uk/skiclub/skifreshtracks/myskistandard.aspx

I can't find the Snow&Rock one anymore, but level 10 meant you're ready for competition at a decent level.

However, the final word in ski ability ratings belongs to our own beloved snowHeads site, as covered by this topic:
http://snowheads.com/ski-forum/viewtopic.php?t=44563&highlight=lamppost

(scroll to the chart on page 2)
snow conditions
 Ski the Net with snowHeads
Ski the Net with snowHeads
horizon, why thank you!

I have a splitboard and snowshoes/normal board. To be honest I prefer my normal board and snowshoes as the ride down is better. I can get 99% of places touring skis can go. Anyway when you know more drop me a PM.

Nick
latest report

Terms and conditions  Privacy Policy